Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

:welcome: Lynn! I don't think that many people use the chat function. We tend to circulate around the message boards (forum tab). Take a look around and find a place to call home! As for the number on the scale, we don't always lose at a consistent pace. Some weeks we don't lose weight but continue to work the program and it all evens out eventually. This is a long haul process!

Kimberley

Hi I am a real newbie just been going to ww meetings for three weeks and have a real hard time staying away from the sweets any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Good luck! You can definitely do this!! I am a chocolate addict. I have recently seen results on the scale because I've been replacing the treats with WW treats. They really have made a difference for me. I buy the brownie snacks at WW meetings, and the ice cream ones at the grocery store (freezer section). Normally, I would buy a candy bar from the snack machine at work, or stop at the bakery on the way home. A day has never gone by when I didn't have something sweet.

The WW snacks are filling. I feel like I'm not missing anything. Because I'm seeing results on the scale, I'm motivated to keep up with the program.

23 lbs. lost since 2005 -- Goal of 15 more -- Learning to Live More Purely (Processed, Sugared, Animal Product - Free) -- www.sixweekvegan.blogspot.com--

:welcome: ! There's room in the program to PLAN for what treats you want and make it work in your points. The key is balance and control. If you can have a few treats, feel satisfied and stay in control, go for it. If not, you might need to go "cold turkey" until you are able to slowly add things back in with control!

Kimberley

Lisa, Welcome to WW and BCB.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Lynn, Welcome to BCB.

You tend to loose a bit more the first few weeks but then it goes on a more average rate of loss.

Don't say just -.4. If you did that for 50 weeks you would easily loose 21 lbs. Some weeks are more and some are less. But if you're doing the program you will get results.

Grainne

weight.png

Kimberley's right. Work your sweets into the Plan. If you deny yourself you tend to overdue and feel like this is a diet and you are depriving yourself. Plan your snacks and make it a life choice.

Grainne

weight.png

Hello! I am a first time poster here in the community, though I've used your help and support for about 5 years now.

[skip the following if you're bored easily or might be triggered by vague ED descriptions]

The first time I did WW was in 2005, and I seem to remember it going flawlessly. I had a rough break up and gained back the weight plus a little over the next couple of years. Then, I had a couple years of eating horribly. I tried to start WW again and kept gaining, switched to Core and gained, and gave up on "the right way". I lost weight by restricting for months at a time, then tried to "eat like a normal person" (mindfully and healthily) and gained it all back, plus some.

I'm now at the highest weight I've ever been and have recommitted to doing WW the right way. Today was my third weigh-in. I lost two pounds at the first, lost .5 pounds at the second, and gained a pound today. I am incredibly disappointed and frustrated. I have been counting and working out steadily, and I am fighting the urge to drop everything and go back to restricting, which might be the only thing that works for me (the crazy part of my brain says this, anyway).

I do have reasons/excuses for the gain. I drank alcohol on Sunday (points counted!) and this is my crimson flow week, two bloaty events. I also have been weight training, which is fairly new for me (at least while actively weighing myself). I know these are valid, but I also don't want to hope for a bigger loss next week because of them, only to be disappointed.

So, hello. If anybody has words of advice or validation or encouragement, I could really use them right now. Thanks for always being there while I've been lurking; I'm looking forward to posting more.

these.foolish.things

Hi! I have used all of my daily and weekly points so far. It's worked out that I've had events that I wanted to be able to indulge a bit at since I began, so I've used all weekly points for those. I'm also wondering if that has something to do with the gain. I tend not to use my AP's (they only end up being about 2-3 per workout), but I would if I wasn't using all of my weekly points.

I'm also not trying to lose more than 20 pounds: I'm 5'8" at 160 right now. At this point, I know that I am most comfortable at 140, and my body likes being there. So do my clothes.

Thank you so much for the kind response!

:welcome: ! What kinds of foods are you eating? Are you getting in your 9 Good Healthy Guidelines? I really can't lose weight if I eat processed foods. And sometimes when I'm eating all "filling foods", I can get a bit blocked up so the loss might slow down until things clear up! That being said, I routinely gain weight through TOM and the following week (when my second cycle of yeast infections always arrives) but in the next two weeks I usually lose everything I've gained plus a few more. Sometimes our bodies just like to drop it in chunks, hold on for a bit and then drop again! If we don't maintain balance through all the phases, we won't get that natural drop!

Kimberley

Thanks for the welcome! I eat whole grain high fiber breads, tons of fruit and vegetables, hummus, lean meats, cereal, soy milk, and some treats (vitamuffins with frosting, better n peanut butter). I'm definitely holding off on the processed food (except for the vitamuffins. and the frosting. it's delicious!), and the blockage has luckily not been an issue so far. I'm not so good about keeping up with the 9HG: it's the oil that gets me. I'll stay patient, but my worry is that I'll just be more upset if I don't lose anything soon. Thank you for the help, though. It's nice hearing that this might be an issue for other people.

Guest PATSYANN2

Hi,

I have never posted anything online anywhere, and I'm not sure how to get started. I joined WW at Thanksgiving and my last weigh in was Tuesday evening with a total loss of 19lbs. It seems like I am a slow loser compared to others in my group. I love going though, and I love everyone in my group. They are so supportive.

I found this site while looking for a low point chicken salad recipe to take to a monthly church fellowship. It's so hard to stay on track there with so many high point choices on the table. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas with so many people that share my feelings.

Welcome! I'm an Arkansan also (though a transplant).

Seconding the recipe section, and I find just plain salsa to be delish.

SW: 240:bcb_cry:

WWGW: 120:kickbutt:

PGW: 115:bcb_up

I'm 5'0 on a good day.

1st goal: 5%, or 228 (12 pounds)

weight.png

Patsy,

Welcome to WW and BCB! You lost 19lbs during the toughest holiday seasons. Pat yourself on the back, you did great!

Grainne

weight.png

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

CW - I can't seem to figure out how to start a new thread. Please, tell me how. Thank you!

Back on Weight Watcher's 8/13/12~~Made 1st Goal of 5% loss (-11.5 lbs.=219.9 lbs.) 10/05/12 ~~Made 2nd Goal: 10% loss. (23.1 lbs. at 208.3 lbs.) 11/21/13 (208 lbs.)~~Made 3rd Goal Onederland! (199.5 lbs. 02/02/14)

HW 231.4 lbs. BMI 34.22 Obese

CW 196.2 lbs. BMI 28.97 Overweight 03/04/14 Down 35.2 lbs.

GW 150.0 lbs.

Height: 5'9" Healthy Weight: 125-169 lbs.

Weigh-in Day:

Friday

:bcb_madta "Doing what it takes!" :bcbkickbu

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

CW - I can't seem to figure out how to start a new thread. Please, tell me how. Thank you!

Chances are you are looking for this on a page that is already with in some ones thread.

There will be a button that says Post A New Thread at the top of the first page in every forum. Click on the Forum Tab at the top of the main page, choose the Forum you want to enter then click on the Post a new thread button.

PM me if you need help

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Hi! I am a returning member here. I joined in Jan, 2007 and soon after joining WW and Bootcamp Buddies I learned I was pregnant with my first child. I stopped going to WW meetings because I learned that I would not be able to weigh in while pregnant. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and actually did not gain much weight durning my pregnancy and actually lost fat...2 weeks after having my son I weighed less than when I got pregnant. BUT because of the restricted diet during the pregnancy, I went "HOG WILD" after he was born and gained all of my baby weight AFTER!! Now, 3 yrs later, I weight 15lbs more than when I joined in 2007!! I restared WW in Jan of this year and so far have lost 17 pounds. I am determined to stay on this program and lose this weight once and for all. I have to keep up with this precious 2 1/2 year old boy of mine!! I am excited to be back and look forward to getting to know fellow weight watchers facing the same issues as I am. :bcb_up

Kristie

SW/285 CW/268 GW/140

Total loss: 17.1

GO-N-4-IT :bcb_march

"If you only do what you always did, you'll only get what you always got!"