Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Welcome to WW and BCB.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

weight.png

I have been on the Atkins plan for 12 days now. Im pretty misreable, but i have lost 7lbs. I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers, but im worried i will gain the 7lbs i have already lost.

The first week or so on any program is usually water loss. Even WW will tell you might drop 4-5 lbs the first 2 weeks but that it will settle into 1.5-2 lbs a weeks. That’s a healthy loss. I’m no expert on Atkins but I can’t see why you would put those lbs back on if you follow the WW program properly.

WW gives you the freedom to eat anything and that’s where it’s leagues above other programs. You don’t have to deny yourself. It also doesn’t give you carte blanche to eat “tons” of free calorie foods. That’s merely stuffing yourself and there are healthier options. The program is trying to re-teach you to eat well and healthy for a lifetime not just a crash course on how to lose 15lbs in X number of weeks. Reality is that once you lose that weight and then go back to the way you were eating, the lbs will come back. That’s a guarantee!

If you are dissatisfied with the program you are presently on, give WW 6 weeks to see if this is the lifestyle you can live with. It works for me and the 1,000 of others on this site.

Visit the other forums here and read some of the threads. We struggle like everyone else but we get results. The choice is yours.

Grainne

weight.png

:welcome: The only thing to worry about is how you want to live the rest of your life. You can stay with Atkins and lose weight but if you don't want to live that way for the rest of your life, you *will* regain the weight you've lost when you try to eat "normally" in the future. No one can promise you that you won't regain some of the weight you lost with Atkins in the beginning because it will empty your glycogen stores and eating a balanced diet will balance things on the inside-- right now, they're out of whack. WW allows you eat the foods you want to eat in moderation and still lose weight. You can't beat that!

Kimberley

Not sure if I am even doing this right but giving it a lucky shot anyways!

I am new here but not new to WW. I lost 104 pounds on WW going from my highest weight of 260 to 156 pounds. I kept it off for almost 2 years and then started gradually gaining some back. I am now at 173 pounds and starting to feel really miserable again! I need to get myself back in control of my eating and stop sitting in the house all day long and start exercising again. The easy part was saying it!

I have been looking around here and I am not sure where I would fit in. Could someone please direct me? I am 41 so I guess I could belong in the 40's group, but I have almost 30 pounds I want to lose so I have more than just a 'few pounds to lose', but have less than 50 and 100 so I don't think I would fit in those groups. I really need some kind of support group to belong to since I am going this alone without meetings and I have been reading some of the posts and there seems to be alot of support going on around here!

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

Lisa

Hi Lisa! Welcome aboard.

Way to go for nipping it in the bud so to speak! I'm all too familiar with the gain back...I just re-lost the same 60lbs I lost in 2006. Needless to say, it's so hard to lose, but easy to creep back up on you! At least you are taking control of it before you gain too much back:salut.

You'll find a lot of support and a lot of people who know what your going through no matter what! Everyone I've encountered, no matter what forum, has been very helpful.

I usually post in the men's forum and the 30's thread (we are trying to do CPR on that one! Pop in if you like, we'll pretend your celebrating the anniversary of your 39th! :bcb_grin The 40's thread would work for you, and also; check out the 100+ (they let me post there, even though I didn't have 100 lbs to lose, and those women are absolutely great) besides, you have been there before, right?

Seriously--they are very inspirational!

Hi Lisa - welcome!! and I will second everything that Bob has said.

Also there is a WW At Home forum that seems to get some traffic, so you might want to look at that one too. Whichever one you choose, just stop in and post on the current daily or weekly thread.

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Welcome to BCB!

We are very glad to help. We find that we get as much good stuff out of supporting others as we give.

We will hold you accountable. This is a 'no excuse' zone :bcbkickbu

Check out all the forums and pick a few that you like then post like crazy :bcb_up

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

:welcome: Lisa!! We've got a great group on the Daily Thread called the "Delta Force". Broad age and weight loss range so that's a possibility too!

Kimberley

Lisa,

I'm new to WW and to this Forum. It has been my experience that you can't go anywhere around here without feeling supported and motivated. I did read a comment in the newbie section when I started that suggested you pick a "home" thread so to speak after you've visited a few. I lurked around for almost a month. There was a group that I thought about more than others for who knows what reason. Anyway I posted there first. It's nice to feel like that's home even though I realize I can post anywhere I feel inspired to post. All are welcoming!

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Hi everyone. My name is Raina and I am a die hard WW believer. WW is the only program I have ever lost weight on - and am hoping to do so again. Looking forward to meeting new friends in the same boat.:wave::wave:

weight.png

[/u

exercise.png

rl]

Guest Kaypix

HI Raina -

On behalf of the noobs, I welcome you! :) Find a group that you jive with, I"m in the Terrific 20's, but we have all sorts of age groups, or weight loss goal groups, lurk around the forums and see where you can mesh well :) WELCOME!!!

HI Raina -

On behalf of the noobs, I welcome you! :) Find a group that you jive with, I"m in the Terrific 20's, but we have all sorts of age groups, or weight loss goal groups, lurk around the forums and see where you can mesh well :) WELCOME!!!

Thanks for the welcome! Can someone tell me how to put that weight loss ticker on... :bcb_huh:

...that looks fun

weight.png

[/u

exercise.png

rl]

Raina,

Welcome to BCB.

For the weight loss ticker: go to /www.tickerfactory.com

Then add the link to your Signature here.

Grainne

weight.png

Lisa, Welcome to BCB.

Try going to the WW at home group. They can help you with doing the program at home.

Grainne

weight.png

Here's a brief but not too brief introduction...

My name's Matt, I'm 29 and I'm an electronics engineer and motorcyclist. I started out life the skinny kid in the slim pants but turned into the big kid in the husky pants and eventually the big guy. Blame video games, bad habits, laziness, whatever. Fitness and eating right were never a priority for me.

In January of 2008 my now ex started WW. In May I joined her. I didn't actually join WW but I started following the plan and working out regularly, journaling, following the books, etc. My starting weight was 254.5 lbs (I am 6' tall). I chose a goal weight of 183 lbs simply for the fact that my BMI at that weight given my height would be normal, rather than overweight (Yeah, I know BMI isn't really for this purpose but it was a useful indicator in addition to the actual weight). Oh, to be "normal". Well, by March of 2009 I achieved and then surpassed my goal. By May I was down to 173 lbs and felt fantastic. I went from walking half an hour wearing me out to being able to walk 6 miles straight through or go on the elliptical at 6+ mph for over an hour. I was in better shape literally than I had ever been in my entire life.

In July of 2009 my ex and I broke up after a little over 5 years. That's all I will say about that. I really stopped caring about weight loss at that point. I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and I wasn't going to worry about it. Part of this was depression, obviously. Part of it was a new found freedom. So over the ensuing months until now I gained weight back, to where at Christmas I weighed 200 lbs. I decided it was time to start losing weight again to get back to below my personal goal weight and found it was hard to do as I had re-developed all the bad habits I had done away with originally (regarding food primarily).

I still weigh in every Sunday morning and have consistently weighed right around 200 lbs since Christmas. During my attempts to restart I have lost weight (up to about 5 lbs); however, I have given in to my cravings and gone back up each time.

This past week I decided that it was time to quit screwing around and get serious again. I did my Sunday weigh in (201.4 lbs) and have started journaling again (for which I use Google Documents rather than a notebook). I also have returned to the gym and will be going daily at least for a while until I get more comfortable with the routine again. My workouts consist of going on the elliptical for between 45 minutes and 65 minutes (it'll be 65 minutes period once I get used to things again) and then doing the weight machine circuit. Sometimes I'll do the treadmill instead of the elliptical just for variety's sake.

My girlfriend now is supportive but she has vastly different eating habits from me which makes things somewhat difficult, and she can't workout with me right now (or for the next several months) due to an injury. We walk sometimes in the evenings but it's not high enough intensity for me, but that's more about the time spent than the exercise.

I've attached some pics - the first is probably about my heaviest, from June 2006 at Pier 39 in San Francisco (I'm on the right). The next is August 2009 at Seaworld San Diego again with my brother for comparison. And finally the last one is me in December 2009 at my graduation from Naval Postgraduate School.

manda.jpg

mattandrewseaworld2.jpg

me_nps_dec2009.jpg

So anyway I'm just looking for some friendly support. I've run across this website several times in the past but never joined, but I feel like it'll help so here I am at last.

:welcome: Matt!!

When you mentioned walking with your GF not being "enough" in terms of exercise, that resonated. I think it's good that you recognize that it's about the time spent together but that you also need to continue on for yourself. I go for bike rides with my kids, walks with the family and that's about spending QUALITY TIME together-- time that could have been spent on the couch or eating but instead is meeting them at their level (or pushing them a bit beyond). My DH has been dealing with health issues as well. He can't run with me and can't handle the longer distance walks too often. But we do as much as we can together (he travels and has a busy work schedule-- an engineer as well). I do what *I* want to do for myself but also save some back to participate with the people in my life as well!!

Kimberley

Hi Matt and welcome! It took me a few months after my last breakup before I was ready to even think about managing my weight, congratulations on getting it together and making this a priority. This is a great groups of people for support. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Guest imaginese

Hi there! My name is Joanne. I'm 20 years old. I've been on and off weight watchers for years..but I really want to do it this time and reach my goal! I have about 150 pounds to lose. I am looking for a possible buddy to trade advice and motivation. I want to lose this weight because I want to be a mother of many in the future and I need to get healthier to do that. I hope to hear from some of you soon!

thanks!

-Joanne