Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

hi Joanne,:wave:

Welcome back to WW. I have a daughter your age... and I am fighting the battle just like you. Been there done that, so to speak. Weight watchers is a great program, and it does work. It's just making the right choices and staying motivated. Maybe we can motivate each other. Good luck, you can do it this time!!!!!!

Just weigh yourself today, look at the number, and say outloud "I will never see this number again, it's only gonna go down from here"!:bcb_mad2:kickbutt:

weight.png

[/u

exercise.png

rl]

Hi all

Wasnt sure where to say 'hi' to everyone, so thought here would be the best place.

I am new here, but not new to WW. Been on and off WW for many years but now sit in a position of needing to shed almost 90 pounds - i started off needing to lose 100.

I was going to meetings, but found the leader was giving up interest and i needed the money elsewhere so i have decided to go it alone at home. No sooner had i quit my meetings (end of Feb this year) then i found out i needed to go in for a minor surgery, then it was Easter and a few birthdays so this past month has been disasterous.

However, i am back on track this week. I also have a blog where i keep track of things and i use that as my weekly meeting for myself.

Looking forward to getting to know you all more!

weight.png

BigGirlSlim,

I've been doing WW at home for a month. I have an online membership so I can use their trackers and read all the encouraging articles. There is a Weight Watchers At Home Thread and we love newbies. Actually, I probably still am one, but everyone is welcoming. Come over and introduce yourself there if you'd like.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Congratulations for getting back on track!:bcb_up

I am, and probably alot of people are exactly in the same situation as you.

I have only been here on this site a very short while, and have Loved the support, tips, and sharing.

Like you, I have decided to get my WW support here, and have approx. 49 lbs to lose to get to my first major goal... and then onward to my WW goal. Good luck to you, you can do it... and Welcome.:welcome:

weight.png

[/u

exercise.png

rl]

Welcom to BCB,

Check out some of the forums here that might interest you. They are listed by age group or 50+lbs to lose or 100+ lbs. Most have daily threads where you can just join in and introduce yourself. Don't be shy, the folks here are very welcoming.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Raina,

Love the doublebarrelled tickers!

Grainne

weight.png

Hi Grainne:bcb_smile

That took me sooooooo long to figure out!:crazy:

I am just new to this internet thing. But keeping busy figuring out the tickers - did keep my mind off food. lol :headover:

thanks for noticing

weight.png

[/u

exercise.png

rl]

Welcome to Bootcamp Joanne! This is a great place for support and motivation. Pick a spot that "fits" and post often! :wave:

Cindy

Guest LaceyAnnLance

Well to start off my name is Christina... I'm from South Louisiana... My husband and I have been married 10 this coming December... We have three children.. Lacey is 5, Ann-Marie is 4 and our son Lance is 1... I've been over weight since the age of 12... Its just gotten worse and worse over the years... The only time I"ve lost weight is when I was pregnant and had to b/c I couldn't have sugar... Now I'm the heaviest I've ever been and just feel horrible... Trying to find something I can do and stick to... I work now and thought it would be a piece of cake to lose this weight and its just as hard... So glad I found this group and this program... Thanks for listening...

Welcome aboard!:salut Glad you found this board too!

You won't find anyone who will tell you the journey will be easy, but you'll find plenty of people who will know exactly what you're going through every step of the way and plenty of people willing to do whatever we can to help keep you on track!

Nothing worth having is easy, right?? Good to have you.

Welcome!! Find a group that you feel comfortable with and start posting! I usually post on 100+ and Simply Filling. This is a great place for support!

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

:welcome:!! I actually got to my heaviest when I was working because it was so difficult to balance 3 kids, a working husband, commute to/from work, cooking food, finding time to exercise. But you CAN do it!! :bcb_up

Kimberley

Hi Kristina and welcome! Good to have you here.

Being overweight is hard, losing weight is hard, maintaining your weight is hard... but there's lots of support here to help!

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Christina, Welcome to BCB :welcome:

Grainne

weight.png

Hello everybody my name is Dominique and I am a "Newbie".

Let's see I first joined WW in 6/2009 and my starting weight was 222 pounds. In 8/2009 I stopped going to meetings and continued to follow the program on my own. I guess I felt like I had enough information to do it on my own. By 9/2009 I had lost approx. 25 pounds and I was at 197.I thought that I was making great progress and food choices. So, I stopped tracking points, reduced my work outs and wasn't weighing myself anymore. I was cheating a little here and there...then I would jump back on the wagon.. then the holidays came up and I overindulged...excuses, excuses , excuses.......I know. Clothes started fitting tighter for me but I payed it no mind, I blamed it on the dryer...lol. The real confirmation didn't hit me until I went to the doctor in 2/2010 and i found out that I had gained 21 pounds back..I now weighed 218..ouch! Determined to shed some pounds I started back working out and did the low carb thing....,,but then I was feeling fatigued and got tired of the same foods. So now I am ready for BOOTCAMP ! I am serious and more DETERMINED then ever this is my first week back following the WW program and I am ready! My starting weight is 209 and my goal weight is 150

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for letting me be a member. From the brief browsing I have done, it looks like a great place!

My story, in short form, is that I am 28 years old. I was heavy growing up. At the end of highschool I started doing WW at home, and went from 250lbs to 170lbs. I then got back up to 190lbs and began a starvation diet. Of course I got down to my lowest ever at 148lbs, but that weight has since come back and then dome. Right now I am back up to 248lbs. I am so, so, so ashamed and angry at myself for letting this happen. I can't even believe it.

I have the determination, Ive lost the weight 2 times before, it's just trying to get it into my head 'eat to live, don't live to eat'. I HAVE HAVE HAVE to do something about this.

There are so many things I want to try and do (like kickboxing) but I am too embarassed to try because of my weight. I also never want to go out anymore, and normally I am a relatively fun person. None of my clothes fit, I am never comfortable. It's just a mess.

I hope to be around here and make some friends, and get back on track with my eating and exercising. Thanks for listening!

PS: Why on most threads, can I not see the original post topic?

:welcome: Harlequin!! I'm not sure what's going on with the post topics. *scratching head* I just wanted to say that you can do this!! Just get outside and walk as much as you can today. Tomorrow, you can do more. Before you know it, you'll be able to do more and more. Don't wait until you've lost most of the weight to do the things you want to do. Start today. You'll feel better and stay more motivated!!

Kimberley

Guest knakedknitter

This is my 3rd attempt also. After my kids were born I was skinny, 103 lbs. Then in 1996 I had to have a hysterectomy and my gallbladder removed and the weight came on with a vengence. I gained 60 lbs that year. In 2003 I joined WW and lost 50 lbs, but that began to creep back on. I had gained 25 or 30 lbs back and tried WW again but it was a different leader and my head just wasn't in the game. Now I'm 5 lbs from my highest weight and I've got to do something about it. I have a beautiful grandson and I want to be around a long time to see him grow up. I started back on the WW program on Friday. I'm not going to meetings, but instead my sister and niece and I are going to meet at my yarn shop and have our own meeting. We are journaling, sticking with our points, drinking water and going to do this together. My son-in-law, has said he would train me if I would go workout with him. But that scares me, going to the gym and panting and struggling to just walk a mile. But I know I need to get some exercise in, I think that I will commit to walking for 30 minutes in the neighborhood for a little while and then maybe I can brave the gym.

Good Luck with your journey!