mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Tnanks for the welcome Grainne! :)

Deb ~ Every day has potential to be a success! ~

:bcbkickbuMini-goal #15 - Lose 60 pounds

counter-weight.jpg

Down 56.3 lbs, 3.7 lbs to go

Hi everyone!

I wasn't sure if I could jump into a group before introducing myself first on this particular forum. I am a 33 yr. old mother of three trying to lose those stubborn last pounds! My family generally eats healthy but I do have trouble sticking to that during busy days with the kids. I don't just want to lose these last pounds but I want to develop daily healthy eating habits. I'm excited to get started! :bcb_bigsm

weight.png

:welcome: ! Jump in wherever you want! I'm a 36 year old mother of 3!! We've got a daily thread going on the 30's forum if you want to join us there. I post on quite a number of different daily/weekly threads so just introduce yourself around and stick with what you like!!

Kimberley

Welcome krickit! Just wander around, join some conversations, and enjoy the company. This is a good place to be. :D

counter-weight.jpg

Hi kricket! Welcome to BCB... I don't have kids, but I do have busy days that make it hard to eat properly! Planning as much as I can in advance is my lifeline. I try to think each night about what is going on tomorrow. On the really busy days I'll plan not only what I will be eating, but also when.

e.g. 930-1130 meetings, drive to next place, 12-1230 meeting, drive to home office, arrive home at 1 PM and work from home the rest of the afternoon - a day like this might mean that I need to eat a good-sized breakfast sometime before 930, pack something small that I can eat in the car in between meetings and plan to have lunch at 130 when I get home. it also means that I'll be pretty hungry when I get home so lunch has to be something that can be prepared fast and doesn't involve waiting in the kitchen for something to cook (because I'll graze on whatever is in the fridge while I'm waiting).

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Hey, I'm new. . . figured I'd post on the newbie board.

My name is Brittany, I've been doing weight watchers for 2 days now, it seems like a really good program to be on and I am very excited. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. A little about me is I'm almost 21, a junior in college studying Geology, Earth Science, and Biology. I hope everyone is having a great day. =)

Welcome Brittany!

Karen

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Glad you decided to introduce yourself. Welcome to BCB.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Hello! Just joined here. Been on WW for a little over a month. Not much progress on the scale but I am losing inches. I jazzercise 3 days a week and workout at home (treadmill or fitness tape) 2 days a week.

Hope to glean some wisdom from all of you! :bcb_up

:welcome: ! We've got lots of great groups here with daily/weekly support threads. Just jump in wherever you feel most comfortable!!

Kimberley

Glad you introduced yourself. Look forward to getting to know you better. I used to live near Chicago and I Jazzercised then. My kids were young at the time and they had daycare so it was great. We moved to Michigan and there aren't any close. Funnest workout I've ever done.

Heather

Hi,

Im Julie from "over the pond" in the UK. I live in a little town called Alcester which is near Stratford upon Avon (where Shakespeare came from). Im 41 years old, married to Peter for nearly 18 years and have two kids Harry 14 and Victoria 11. I work part time at the moment, it was full time, but the recession has caused my hours to be cut.

Ive decided to try and get this weight off again. I had previously about 5 years ago, lost 6 stone by counting points with WW but the weight has gone back on again. I started counting points on monday and has I dont go to class, I need to be able to check into to something for motivation. So I searched on the internet and found BCB. Ive checked out the recipes and they sound really good, but I might be quizzing about some of the ingredients and what their equivalents are in the UK. Look forward to chatting with you.

Julie x

:welcome: Julie!! We've got some great groups on different forums here. Take a look around and jump in wherever you feel comfortable!!

Kimberley

already. I saw recipes for Cow muffins and chicken strogonoff and now I cant find them. boo hoo!:bcb_mad2

You aren't lost. You just need a little time to familiarize yourself with the format. I'm still working on it myself. For the Cow Muffins, I typed "Cow Muffins" into the search box (near the top on the right hand side by the little magnifying glass picture.) I asked it to search posts. I told it the opposite of "tall" is "short" and found this:

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums//showthread.php?209850-COW-muffins&highlight=muffins

Hope it's what you were looking for. Try the other one.

Heather

Hi Brittany and welcome!! I love the WW program, and find that it's much easier to follow than anything I tried previously.

Terri

Hi there, welcome to BCB!! I found weight loss slowed a bit the first couple of weeks I exercised, from the people at my meeting it seems to be quite common. If you are losing inches that is great progress and shows what you are doing right.

Terri

Welcome to BCB, Anna!

Heather, I've never used the seach function, I'll have to try it. Ordinarily I would have browsed the recipe forums until I found them (they are at the bottom of the main forums page).

Terri

Welcome!

Sounds like if you're losing inches, you're off to a good start even if the scale isn't moving. You're probably toning up, which is great!

counter-weight.jpg

Welcome Brittany!

WW is great- once you get it, you've got it. :) The first few weeks for me were daunting but after that it's mostly smooth sailing. :)

counter-weight.jpg

Hello & welcome!

I'm a newbie here as well (I joined almost 2 weeks ago) but due to lack of internet access this is my second time on the site. Anyway congrats on choosing WW :) I've started WW almost 3 weeks ago and lost 9lbs so far. It can be so exciting when you see the results!!! I find it really works if you follow the points plan (I belonged to WW 3 years ago but really slacked off on keeping track of my points). I plan to loose 98lbs as a ultimate goal. What is your weight loss goal?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

-NSG

weight.png

SW: 228lbs

CW: 218lbs

GW: 130lbs

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this WW forum so I thought I would introduce myself. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and for the most part have been overweight my entire life. I joined WW and started attending meetings 3 weeks ago and already lost 10lbs!! I love seeing the results. I cut out late night eating all together(I used to have supper at 10pm due to my job) and that combined with 2 hour walks daily seem to be working for me. I have 88lbs to lose before reaching my goal of 130. I'm rather short (5'2'') and I HAVE to lose this weight for my health. I'm so sick of having a bad back and being tired all the time. Anyway I would love to chat with others on here that are in a similar situation.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

-NSG

weight.png

SW: 228lbs

CW: 218lbs

GW: 130lbs