Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Welcome.

You have come to the right place.

This place is full of smart caring people that will hold you accountable. You do not have to do this alone.

Congrats on getting busy on your health. That is smart and I always say we have to get smart first.... then we get slim.:bcb_bigsm

Glad to have you with us.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Hi, NSG and welcome to the family. I'm glad you found us and decided to join in. Let us know if need anything at all. I suggest you come every day to read and post and, before long, you will be quite at home with all of us. You are off to a great start, so keep up the good work and much success.

Selma/Shana1

Highest weight, 350# 1992

Started WW, 7/6/01

303.6/218.4/under 215

100#s gone, 5/15/06

"If you need a friend, I'm sailing right behind. Like a bridge over troubled waters, I will ease your mind." Courtesy of Paul Simon

Welcome NSG! :wave:

I'm 5'2" with a goal of 130 as well, and I got sick & tired of feeling sick & tired. You've found a great place for support.

Dandy

SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130

It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

weight.png

Congrats on your loss so far. I've lost over 70 lbs. and my knees don't hurt anymore (unless I run!) and I have a lot more energy.

Cathy

243.4/178/140

Hi and welcome! Good job on the loss so far!

/H

HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW

250/192/194/157

Hi Julie - I missed your post earlier so wanted to stop by to welcome you to BCB!

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

I'm also new here. I hope I am welcome here as a part of the community. Thanks in advance and by the way my name is Kylee Shine from Georgia.

Hi Julie and Kylee!!!

So glad that you found us! There are wonderful and supportive people with a lot of options to join groups!

Teamwork = Success

**Shannon**

RSW 202

CW 182.6

Goal - To gain only 30 pounds during pregnancy

Hello Everyone!

I am so excited to find this forum. I have done ww without meetingsin the past and been successful but I am so excited to have somewhere to go to talk about it!!!!

The last time I followed the plan was before I became pregnant. I wanted to have a healthy pregnancy so I lost 30 pounds following this at home, my DH did very well as well getting to his goal of 164. During my pregnancy I only gained 15 back and after delivery lost it all and more. However when I stopped breastfeeding I was off plan and gained it all back.

I am ready to finally get to where i need to be!!! I have personal trainers kicking my butt 4 days a week and I work at a gym so I am immersed in fitness! My sister is down 26 pounds and working right along beside me, she however counts calories.

I am currently 225 and want to get to 160 and then strive for the correct weight for my height and age. I am sitting here eating my 3 point bag of delicious apples and drinking my water while everyone is working out and I feel like this time I am so determined that nothing is going to stop me!!!!

I was wondering how to create the awesome signatures at the bottom of posts?

Also, my name is supposed to be Mandles but due to a typo I guess I am stuck with madles....

weight.png

Mini Goals:

5% = 11.25

exercise.png

Hello Mandles! Welcome to the board. Sorry I spelled your name wrong last night. I saw a different post first. I'll try to remember from here on out. You sound so determined. That's wonderful. Congrats to you and DH for your past successes. My DH joined me as well. Makes it fun.

For your signature, when you are logged in, go to the top of the page on the right hand side of the screen and click on "settings." Once your profile has loaded, you will find an option to "edit signature" over on the left hand side of the screen if you scroll down a bit. Click on that and then it's self-explanatory. Sorry I missed this post last night.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Hi Mandles and welcome! It's great that exercise is so convenient for you - I used to have a personal trainer who I loved to work out with. Definitely make the most of it!

Terri

Hello Everyone!

I am so excited to find this forum. I have done ww without meetingsin the past and been successful but I am so excited to have somewhere to go to talk about it!!!!

The last time I followed the plan was before I became pregnant. I wanted to have a healthy pregnancy so I lost 30 pounds following this at home, my DH did very well as well getting to his goal of 164. During my pregnancy I only gained 15 back and after delivery lost it all and more. However when I stopped breastfeeding I was off plan and gained it all back.

I am ready to finally get to where i need to be!!! I have personal trainers kicking my butt 4 days a week and I work at a gym so I am immersed in fitness! My sister is down 26 pounds and working right along beside me, she however counts calories.

I am currently 225 and want to get to 160 and then strive for the correct weight for my height and age. I am sitting here eating my 3 point bag of delicious apples and drinking my water while everyone is working out and I feel like this time I am so determined that nothing is going to stop me!!!!

I was wondering how to create the awesome signatures at the bottom of posts?

Also, my name is supposed to be Mandles but due to a typo I guess I am stuck with madles....

I can fix the name thing if you want.... It will change your log on so tell me when you are ready.

Welcome :salut

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Welcome to BCB Anna,

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

:welcome: Anna!! If the search function isn't working, I tend to just use google and it will bring up the link from there!

Kimberley

Hello all. :D

I joined WW in 2007 and lost around 30 pounds in total over the last 3 years... I got comfortable and stop going to meetings... I have been roughly around the same weight give or take 10 pounds... lol... but I'm still not where I want to be. I found a safe haven here years ago and I figured I would come back and poke around. I officially have re-joined WW but I weighed myself and began counting points this past Friday. I'm hoping that with motivation from you all, I can work the program like I did before and get to my goal...

weight.png

Welcome back! Both times I lost weight, I maintained for a long time at a point below my highest, but eventually it creeped back up again. Re-joining is a good first step. You can do this!

Terri

Guest WANNALOOZIT

Welcome back! Good luck along your weight loss journey! We're here to support you along the way!!!

Hi folks

My name is Alistair, Al for short, and I've just joined WW to help change my lifestyle.

I had never joined WW before but I had used the plan basics that I got from my mum from when she went to classes and the rest I cobbled together from the internet.

I used to come on here a few years ago and I successfully lost about 10 kg (20 lbs) but since I stopped it came back and then some.

In fact I had ballooned up to over 165 kg (364 lbs).

So here I am back at the coal face with a new pick and hammer.

Joined WW and doing it online at home and I have been given a massive incentive to lose so much weight.

A couple of years ago I was told that I was suffering from IgA Nephathropy (a kidney disease) and that my kidneys were only working at around 50% of normal function. Since then I have been told that they have deteriorated to be now at around 25% and that they will probably continue to slowly fail.

My renal consultant has told me that the best course of action is to have a transplant but that I won't be considered until I can get my weight done to under 100 kg (220 lbs).

So here I am.

My WI will be on a Sunday morning and any help would be most welcome.

Thanks

Al

Start Weight

157.2 kg (346.6 lbs) ... 6 June 2010

Current Weight

153.5 kg (338.4 lbs) ... 20 June 2010

1st Target (5% loss)

149.3 kg (330.9 lbs) ... ???

Target Weight

100 kg (220.5 lbs) ... ???

weight.png