Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Welcome aboard Al! Glad to have you on board!

We all start on this weight loss journey to improve our health, but you REALLY do have incentive! We will all help all that we can in getting you to the goal you need to be considered for surgery!

Post often, and the guys will all help you stay accountable. Good luck to you!

Guest jaybee7815

I registered on this board quite a while ago, but lost my commitment. I'm back and recommitting to WW.

What's different? I've realized how important it is to plan and track, so now I have some great apps for my iPhone so I always have my daily tracker and nutritional info at my fingertips. I realized how important exercise is for me, but also realized I can build my fitness level gradually: I don't have to overdo and get sore and discouraged.

And finally, I realized how important it is to have a support group. I've attended some local WW meetings in the past, but I found it less than motivating to hear people explain why their week went so badly and meet every suggestion with another reason why that wouldn't work for them.

I really like the positive energy of this group -- mind if I borrow some of your positive vibes from time to time? :bcb_bigsm

Welcome Jaybee! I had to recommit as well back in March and have found a group on here that I truly love. Without their support I think that I would have given up on WW and myself yet again. I am sure that you will find the group(s) that help you along! This is such a wonderful life long journey and we all need help along the way!

**Shannon**

RSW 202

CW 182.6

Goal - To gain only 30 pounds during pregnancy

Jaybee, welcome! That kind of environment would turn me off meetings too, fortunately I haven't had that experience. And of course you will see a total opposite here, we are all about how to make it happen! You can do this!

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Hi, my name is Diana. This is my second time with Weight Watchers. The first time was about 10 years ago. And I'm sure I have the same story many people do, I reached my goal weight. Then I injured my back and stopped working out, then I started eating like a crazy person because I was in pain all the time, and then I gained 40 pounds. Pretty much in that order. :bcb_grin I joined Weight Watchers again this past Wednesday because I finally admitted I can not do this by myself! I *need* the accountability, and oftentimes I really need a kick in the pants. So you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled across this site!

A little about me, I'm 44, single, no children. I share a home with my sister and her 11 year old son and he is the light of my life and I will probably talk about him wayyyyy too much. I work as a legal secretary and have done so for over ten years now, I really like it and am happy to work for a really nice firm with really nice co-workers and bosses. I know how fortunate I am in that area!

I'm gonna spend some time reading around here this weekend, so hopefully I'll be chatting with you all soon!

--Diana

My new blog: http://gettingmovingagain.blogspot.com/

weight.png

Hello, my name is Sherone, I am 55 and have done WW several times with varying success. I rejoined for the six or seventh time last year but just couldn't afford to keep paying. I was so pleased to find you and to hopefully have somewhere and some people with whom to chat and be accountable. I love to log my food each day and would love to be part of a team that I can get to know and be mutually supportive. I have about 25 kilos to lose, if 98 kilos was my goal weight I would have no problems. I have maintained 98 for the majority of the past 30 years, the most I ever lost was 30 kilos - I have never managed to eat 'normally' once I am 'off diet'. I hope you can help. Thank you.

Hi Diana and welcome!! Jump in wherever you want!

Terri

Hi Sherone and welcome to BCB! Look around and jump in wherever you see a group that seems to fit you - everyone is happy to have new people join in.

Terri

Welcome, Sherone. This is a wonderful website with helpful people. Keep reading and checking in to see what others have to say. I think you will love it. Once again, WELCOME!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Reached Lifetime Oct. 2001

Recommitted June 2010bcbkick.gif

Restarted Monday, and i plan on reaching my goal this time. My thyroid levels are finally normal so no excuses.

Dana

SW 350

CW 313

GW 180

weight.png

Welcome back! You can do it this time.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Reached Lifetime Oct. 2001

Recommitted June 2010bcbkick.gif

Thanks everyone! Im proud to report my first weigh in im down 10lbs. I know all weeks won't be this good, but im glad im off to a good start.

Dana

SW 350

CW 313

GW 180

weight.png

Hi there,

I am new to the weight watchers program. I am not sure where to start with this. I am very excited to see some results and I am willing to do what I have to do.

I will be going to my first meeting tonight or tomorrow night.

Any tips from any experiences people would be greatly appreciated!!!

Tiff-o

:welcome: Tiff! The best advice I can give here is to check out all the forums and find a place that feels like "home". There's lots of great support here to help you as you learn the ropes!

Kimberley

Welcome, Tiff!

Eat all the points you're entitled to.

Journal everything you eat.

Get in all the GHG's (good health guidelines, healthy checks) every day.

Focus on filling foods will help keep you from feeling hungry.

After the GHG's use points for things you have to live without on other "diets".

Exercise. Even if all you can do is walk to the end of the block and back, just do it!

Build on successes; as you lose, use past losses to help you past the difficult times, like a week when the scale goes the wrong direction.

Read everything you can on these boards, there is tons of good info & great support!

Dandy

SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130

It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

weight.png

Tiff,

Plan to stay after your meeting for 'new member orientation'. That 20 or 30 minutes, where the leader takes time with you to be sure you know the program, will be powerful.

People that commit to meetings will have a 300% better chance of success losing weight. That is Documented fact :strong:

People that have support from caring educated friends (thats us :salut) will also double their chances of success yet again.

Welcome.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

All of the above Tiff.

Stay for meetings - so important. Make friends with people at the meeting too.

Don't expect miracles. It's hard work. It can be done.

Slow and steady "wins the race".

Enjoy your first meeting.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.