Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Hi Im Jenn I have a 18 month old and a 1 month old.... between the two kids I have about 30 extra lbs that I need to get off and am tired of just existing with it. My husband did southbeach after the birth of my daughter and lost 40lbs and kept it off... I lost 5 and then got pregnant again SO I don't want to wait 6 months before I try and get the baby weight off this time so Here I go again....

One question... could someone post the formula for points I can't remember how to figure out my daily points...

I get groceries on Sunday so I am going to start on Monday But I actually mean that :)

Jenn

SW 173.6

GW 145

CW 168.8

Hello everyone! I am returning to bootcamp buddies after a long break. I managed to maintain my goal weight for 3 years until becoming preganant with baby boy number two. I'm ready to get back to goal but have the extra challenge of breastfeeding while trying to loose. I just took the quiz on the 30's sticky and found that I can have 34 points per day. This seems like a lot to me since last time I was only allowed 20?! Has anyone had success with loosing while breastfeeding and using these numbers?

Amy

4/25/06 made 10% and WW goal

5/30/06 Lifetime

Original SW 154.4

SW after 2nd Baby 181.2

CW 181.2

WWG 137.0

PWG 135.0

:bcb_grrrr

weight.png

:welcome: back Amy! I actually lost weight fairly easily while breastfeeding. You'll find that the last 5-10lbs will be very difficult as your body wants to retain the extra fat stores to create milk for the baby. But up to that last 5-10lbs it's easy!! LOL :bcb_grin So, if you resign yourself to the fact that the last few pounds will come off once you wean the baby, everything else is good!

Kimberley

Hi everyone. I've been here before. I start well and then seem to lose my momentum. I've been going through a tough time lately and am an emotional eater, so....well, you know the drill. I'm starting new again and feel like this time it has to happen. I'm looking forward to all your support and the opportunity to support you!

Thanks!

Cheryl:bcb_march

Cheryl

SD~07/27/2010

SW~227

GW~160:help:

Hi Cheryl, welcome back! Emotional eating can be a real challenge, I keep looking for things that I can do instead. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much, but keep at it!

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

Welcome back Cheryl! First step is done, and you realize it HAS to happen. No one can promise you that there is a cure for emotional eating, just like those of us who are prone to binge eating can't be promised a cure. What all the people here will do is help keep you on track and listen when you are feeling emotional. We can listen when you share, and offer opinions and support, which might just be enough to keep you from the kitchen. Like Terri mentioned, it helps to figure out other things to do when you know you are feeling blue. When I feel like I'm looking for a reason to overeat, I make sure my time in the kitchen is very brief. I do everything I can think of that needs done, and won't allow me to sit down. If that doesn't work, I go on to bed! (My problem times are evening/night).

You can do it, these people can help. They all help keep me motivated.:bcb_up

Thanks everyone. The support here has always been great! I just need to remember to rely on it!

Cheryl

SD~07/27/2010

SW~227

GW~160:help:

Hi, all:

I'm an old member, back to start over. I want to get this weight off for my health, but more than that, to prove I can do it and accomplish whatever I put before myself.

A friend gave me a powerful quote yesterday. It goes:

A young soul learns to be responsible for his actions

A mature soul learns to be responsible for his thoughts

And an old soul learns to be responsible for his happiness.- Anonymous

I think that's why we're here-and why I'm here. I'm the only one who can make me happy, including physically. I'm in control. I realized I can do this.

I have meeting tomorrow. I have this site, and the WW site itself. I have all I need. Now let's do it :bcb_march

Anne

SW: 240:bcb_cry:

WWGW: 120:kickbutt:

PGW: 115:bcb_up

I'm 5'0 on a good day.

1st goal: 5%, or 228 (12 pounds)

weight.png

Hi, all!

As you can tell, we're talking 120 pounds of pure flab I have to get rid of, no excuses. Is a newbie allowed to join in here? The forums are great, a group is even better :bcb_wink3

Anne

SW: 240:bcb_cry:

WWGW: 120:kickbutt:

PGW: 115:bcb_up

I'm 5'0 on a good day.

1st goal: 5%, or 228 (12 pounds)

weight.png

Good for you Anne - YOU CAN DO IT - YOU ARE STRONG :).

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

Yes. Yes. YES!! Please just jump in on our daily forum and join us! We love No Excuses Newbies!!

~Denise~

weight.png

Made Lifetime 3/08/2000

Never since returned to starting weight... However, I have had to recommit from time to time... and get this back into order. This is NOT a diet, but a lifetime way of eating.

I second Denise. Welcome to the group. Jump on the weekly. Tell us a little about yourself. We will support you in your weight loss program.

Clara

Non-smoker since 11-15-01

WW goal..... 120

Personal Goal... 110

CW.... 106... 10/01/20

Did WW 4 yrs ago but got pregnant after losing 60lbs. After that I have found it impossible to get back on track and have gained back all of the weight that I worked so hard to lose. This weekend, I went on vacation with the family and was completely humiliated because there were so many of the rides at the amusement park that I couldn't ride with my son. I realized just how much I was missing out on by carrying around this huge monkey on my back. Wish me luck as I attend my first meeting this Tuesday.

Shauna

I've been where you are at and I'm now working on loosing the weight I lost about 4 years ago. Take care of you so you can take care of your family!

Beckster aka Becky

:bcb_march

dogs_91.gif

Hello all! I started WW five weeks ago. My mother walked with me into my first meeting she is a lifetime member. My weigh ins are on Tuesdays and I love my meetings. They get me out of the house and it feels good to do something for me.

I am 34 years old, married with 4 very busy children at home. I also have 2 Great Danes and a Russian Tortoise. I love my family and I love my animals, I am now learning to love myself again. I am an internet junky and a very shy stay at home mom. I quit smoking after a 4 1/2 year struggle on and off at during which I gained an enormous amount of weight. I am now stepping forward in the weight watchers world. I love to cook and am starting to integrate new recipes and new changes into old recipes that I love. I adore red meat, I like fruit, and I am learning to like some veggies.

I am changing my eating habits and trying to get active again. My mother spoke often about BBB when she first started her journey and If Mama can dance.. I can too !!! :bcb_LOL: She has been a real inspiration and now we are doing this together.

I hope to get to know you all on my journey!

"Perhaps it's that no one can take your mojo. You can look around all you want, but what you're really trying to find is on the inside."- Austin Powers

-Weitchen :bcb_bigsm

Welcome!

We are very glad to have you with us.

BCB is my lifeline. I get energy here and the more I try to help others the more I learn.

Taking care of the caregiver is one of my favorite themes. You have the task of getting healthy and when you do everyone around you will win! Plus, you have the added benifit of setting an amazing role model for those kids.

:salut

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Welcome to Bootcamp Weitchen. Lots of guidance and support here. Some of my best friends are ones I have made on this site and that I have never met.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

:welcome: !!!

We sound pretty similar in some respects-- I'm a 37 year old SAHM with 3 active kids who is more comfortable typing on the keyboard than talking to "real life people". I'm terribly chatty online (hence the post count! LOL) but not so chatty out there! We have a lot of food allergies/sensitivities here so I have to cook pretty much everything from scratch. It's a process!!

Kimberley

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Kimberley, I know exactly how you feel, my online life is a huge part of my life and I have several friends whom I have not met face to face but have spoken to over team speak etc and have supported and been supported by through the years. Some of them I did meet face to face and we would get together a couple times a year for holiday parties. I also cook a lot from scratch including growing my own herbs which I dry and use in my foods. The herbs have helped me kick salt and I prefer well seasoned and spicy to salty any day of the week. I am happy to meet you all!

"Perhaps it's that no one can take your mojo. You can look around all you want, but what you're really trying to find is on the inside."- Austin Powers

-Weitchen :bcb_bigsm