Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Hello, I am an older woman looking for support and friendship to help me along the way to losing weight. I am not new to weight watchers, but I do not really understand how to approach this online forum, and make it work for me. Do you pick a group and post on only that site or do you browse and respond where you want. Also, not sure how to best use my profile site. I have been lurking about here for about a week now, and I want to get going on it or I will lose the nerve to join in. I see such positive attitudes and support and would love to a part of this!!

Love to hear from everyone! :bcb_confu

Northern Girl

Speaking just for me, I don't get into the profile, the signature part of posts, updating weight loss etc. I mostly hang around the general forum, posting way too much in an attempt to get a conversation going. With the new program, that's not really a problem since there are now lots of comments and questions. I've tried some other boards, like the ones based on age, and pounds lost but they seem like a really tight community and hard to be a part of - that is probably just me though. Welcome!

Welcome aboard Northern Girl! I think for the most part people pick the forum where they feel they fit the best, whether it be by the age groups, amount you want to lose, or the type of program you're doing, SiFi/Core, WW at Home, etc...That doesn't mean your comments aren't welcome wherever you want to participate. Only the threads under the Men on WW that start with MO: ----- are for men only. The rest are fair game, as are the general thread, product reviews, and most all the others!! I've never seen anyone ostracized for posting anywhere they want to. ALL the groups are awesome here, and the ALL have information we can all learn from!!!

Don't be bashful, just jump in anywhere you have something to add!!!

Lillie--in regards to the "tight community" thing, we are like that on the 30's board, but ALWAYS more than willing to have someone join us!!! We're not even worried about if you 30's or not!! The only thing it takes is consistency!! We love having new one's join in with daily posting, but it seems like one or two days, and they lose interest!!! All it takes is a committment to keep showing up!!! We'll get to know everyone and be sure they get to know us too!!!LOL Stop in if you want!!

Hi everyone- very excited to start the program and to find this forum on my first day! I see that Weight Watchers recently changed (Points Plus)- so I am sort of glad I've never tried it before so I don't get confused from the old version. My target is to lose 20 pounds. I can have 29 points a day and so far its all a little confusing. BTW I am doing the online program-not face to face meetings. Looking forward to getting to know some of you here and sharing this journey with you!

:welcome: Tina! What a great time for you to start the program. Since you are brand new to it I'll be interested in hearing your experiences. Come join us on the General Thread each day. We've been having "weekly meetings" there.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thanks Luanne! Today was definitely a challenge- very hard adjusting to thinking of food in terms of "points" but I am sure it gets a lot easier once I get a better grasp on what "costs" what to eat. I did order the new Points Plus Restaurant Guide and the Food Guide so I am sure those will be very helpful. Thanks so much for telling me about the "meetings"- I will be sure to go to that thread. How long have you been on WW and how much are you losing per week? I am looking to lose at least 2 pounds a week.

Welcome.

Normal weekly weight loss tends to be 1/2 to 2 pounds. Many have a little better showing the first week and there are times when the numbers don't reward our efforts. The key is to stay OP (On Plan) and learn all you can about eating well and exercising more.

The smarter we get the slimmer we get.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Hello All - After two years of being 'off track'. I decided its time to get back into the program. I've yet to register online, but plan on doing so. Weight Watchers worked for me in the past and I'm excited to learn about these new plans. I've peeked at a few threads and see there is a lot of information available.

Thanks,

Shauna

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

Welcome Shauna!

I'm so glad you have gotten busy with your health. That is strong.

We have a good group of buddies from 'Up Norte'. Your program changes will be coming soon. Until then let us help. We can be there for support and info as you need. You will never find a group that understands the challenges better than these folks. No one has to go this alone.

The smarter we get the slimmer we get.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Tina, I'm at goal weight and have been for 8+ years. :bcb_bigsm I lost 60 pounds, it took me 11 months. But, my motto is "It's not how long it takes to lose the weight, but how long you keep it off".

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Hello! I'm on my way to returning to WW & BCB. I had my beautiful son one month ago & I'm ready to get back on track for a more healthy me. I'm just waiting for the official ok from my obstetrician to rejoin since I developed gestational diabetes in the 3rd trimester. But I got a diet for that & I'm hoping I can use some of those concepts when I get the green light.

jendear75

Returned Lifetime member

:bcb_tank:

http://2011istheyear.wordpress.com/

Hi Jendear! Congratulations on your new baby! Sorry to hear you had gestational diabetes in the third trimester, but glad to see you coming back to BCB, ready to get healthy. I look forward to seeing many more posts from you!

Susan

Aiming for 196.2 :bcb_march

Glad you are back and I hope you are able to do the WW program.

What is your baby's name?

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Congratulations! And welcome back!

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

SW:231 (12/30/11) CW:223.5 (-7.5 lbs) First goal: 5% (219.5)

Welcome back!!!

Congratulations on you new little one.

So sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope you can do WW again.

Christina

weight.png

Welcome! My advice is not to treat the program like a "diet" but to enjoy the things you eat, and really take the time to find and prepare good food - it has made a world of difference to me.

:welcome: Glad you are here. Have a great day!!!!!!

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

Thank you, CW :)

That's great, "The smarter we get, the slimmer we get" - very true statement. Knowledge really IS power. As I mentioned in my above post, I tried weight watchers before and had great success. This time though, I joined online (this past Weds) and I'm loving it. Everything is literally at your fingertips. I can't wait to see the changes, come Monday.

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

:welcome: to BCB, Shauna... I'm a fellow Canuck. I joined WW last Dec. 31 and am thrilled at the results I got on the Momentum plan, but I am very excited about the new plan that is coming out this week. I stopped going to meetings during the summer, but kept to the plan with the help of this web site. I'm going to rejoin this week just so that I can all the information about the new plan (and the calculator and other stuff I'll need). CW is right, there is lots of support and encouragement available here. Look around at the buddy groups until you find one that feels comfortable, then start posting. Some of the groups are more active than others.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png