Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Welcome back to BCB. I am coming back as well. I like your plan and it seems I should follow suit. Planning ahead of time is so critical for fast-paced lives. I hope you are doing well.

SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150

Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

Jumping in here because I fit the bill as well! I was a member about 2 years ago and did very well by learning Core. Time went on, I started to not watch myself as closely and here I am back where I started... actually a little higher. I refuse to go buy myself new "fat" clothes, so I'm just going to suffer through the 3 pairs of pants that fit until I fit into the smaller stuff again. Now I'm trying to learn the new program before I "officially" start my new eating plan on the cliched January 1st! :)

[/url]

Welcome back Gail ... i'm a "not-so-newbie" that has officially joined after a few year hiatus.

I love the new WW program ... and i've always loved BCB!!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Welcome maile, and angel and any other new folks reading this (or any other posts) ...

WW is a great program ... and BCB is an awesome place for support, information and accountability. Read, post, ask questions... we're glad you're all here!!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Hey everybody. I'm a former BCB from several years ago. I'm also returning to WW after the same length of absence.

While on WW in 2006, I lost 50 pounds, and got within about 10 pounds of my goal. Several things happened, including the death of my dad and the birth of our first child, and I stopped losing weight, and stopped going to WW.

In the ensuing 4 years, I regained all fifty pounds, plus about 35 more. It's taken me a while to come around, but with the announcement of the new program, I finally found the encouragement I needed to come back to WW, so I decided to come back to BCB as well.

I started WW this week, and have 65 points per day. I'm currently at 307. (It was kind of sobering to watch 'The Biggest Loser' last night and see some male contestants who weighed less than I do.) At 6'4", WW things I should weigh less than 205. I think I'll be happy to be in the 220s, a number my doctor supported back in 2006.

A little bit more about me: I'm a technical writer in the software sector. I'm married with three wonderful children, ages 4 and younger. That's about it. Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit in the coming weeks/months.

Welcome back docguy.

New Year's is a good time to start and the new WW Points Plus program looks like a good re-vamp of a formerly successful program. I am on maintenance but am going through the new program out of interest and to see how my body reacts to a changed food regime.

It works if you work it!!

Life is good.

MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life.... :bcb_march

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)

Hey, so what happens to you as a lifetime member if you keep losing more weight? They say that you have to be within 2 pounds of your lifetime goal 6 weeks after getting to goal to become lifetime. What if you were 5 under goal? What if you continue losing even on "maintenance"?

I only have a moment, but this is Glenda, and I am back. Rejoined today and can't wait to explore the new program!

Hello to all my old friends and to my new ones!

Talk to you soon!

Glenda

~Glenda~

I am stronger than this.

One minute, One hour, One day at a time

3811110.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Welcome back - there are a few us returning. Good luck on your journey....

Starting weight. 301.4

Current weight. 295.4

1st mini goal. 285

2nd mini goal. 275

3rd mini goal. 265. :bcb_march

Welcome back!!

Barb A

I am a returning WW member. I have never hit goal weight in the 8 years I have worked the WW plan. I have been able to drop up to 30 lbs and keep it off for a year or less. I usually work the WW plan for 6 - 9 months and when I get close to goal (20 lbs away) I give up, stop going to meetings and start eating like I have no problems with food. I want to make this my last time and hit goal and live the life change that WWer members have been known to do. I need this forums help to do just that and I want to win this time around.

Welcome aboard!

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Thanks Kimberly and Heather. I really want to succeed this time. I posted on the 50plus group. A long message, but I really want to find a home on this forum. Good luck to you both on your weight loss.

Welcome Rose! You'll find the support you need here. I'm the same way, so let's make this time be the last time!

Your story could be mine - joining, losing, quitting, regaining. Well, that is all in the past. A new day starts now.

I think we've all been there, done that. Welcome! I can't express enough how much I love PointsPlus!

...Amen...

Guest PaulTX

Howdy!

I reached my goal weight waaaay back in '92 on the Personal Choice Program [remember saving up all your breads so you could eat chips at a Mexican Restaurant???] but have fallen about 50lbs off the wagon since then. I really like what I read about PointsPlus and have signed up for the free 7 day trial and it's working great so far...I intend to stay with the On-Line for Men subscription after my 7 days, but was wondering if I can get any kind of reduced rate as a former Lifetime member.

Welcome back! I lost my weight (the first time) on that same program, I thought it was called "exchanges". But like you, I couldn't keep it off long term.

Unfortunately there is no discount for Lifetime members for Online. However, if you go back to meetings (you only pay a fee for the meetings you attend) you can get eTools (still will have access to the Men's site) for $12.95/month or $29.95/3 months. The difference between eTools only and Online is that the program information is more readily available in Online. eTools users get the program materials in the meeting. Other difference is that Online sees the "Shop" tab where they can order products. eTools users do not as they are expected to purchase products at the meeting centers.

Whichever route you decide to take, best of luck to you. :salut

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02