Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Welcome.... sometimes I believe that until each of realize that we are WORTH it, we struggle

212/182/155/161/

HW/SW/Goal/CW/

Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

I am also returning to Weight Watchers I Have never reached goal lost 30 kept it off for 2 years and have now also have gained back and extra 12lbs... I know I have a long and rocky road ahead but the reward is definately worth it.

Can anyone tell me how to put up the weight chart? Thank you and my best to everyone

Guest PaulTX
Welcome back! I lost my weight (the first time) on that same program, I thought it was called "exchanges". But like you, I couldn't keep it off long term.

Unfortunately there is no discount for Lifetime members for Online. However, if you go back to meetings (you only pay a fee for the meetings you attend) you can get eTools (still will have access to the Men's site) for $12.95/month or $29.95/3 months. The difference between eTools only and Online is that the program information is more readily available in Online. eTools users get the program materials in the meeting. Other difference is that Online sees the "Shop" tab where they can order products. eTools users do not as they are expected to purchase products at the meeting centers.

Whichever route you decide to take, best of luck to you. :salut

Hey, Luanne...

THanks for the info...after 'weighing' the options, I'm going with online for now....cheap at twice the price :)

I went back to weight watchers last night and today was my first day on program and I am excited this time! I like the new program. I am having trouble getting recipes with the new points. I was on here about 3 years ago and loved it. Im excited this time and want to put all I have and then some into this. I plan on joining a gym and getting this weight off!

weight.png

Mandie:wave:

SW 267.04 1-19-11

CW 260.4

PG 145

Hello all! My name is Jessica. I am 21 y.o, newly married, and sick of my weight issues. I've tried almost everything without success. The common factor? ME.! After many tears, days in bed, and conversations with DH, I'm changing my life, one step at a time. Browsing through this site, I've fell in love. I need tough love, I need someone to push me. My husband is afraid to hurt my feelings, my friends too. I need to get off my ass and change my life, and I feel like this is how to do it. I'm going to find a meeting, I'm going to go to them. I WILL stick to my program, and I will ask for help when I need it. HELLPPPP!!!!!! lol. NO SERIOUSLY! :bcb_drill I hope to get to know you all, and I promise to post updates and be committed to my program. So today, at 230 pounds, I begin the must needed change in my lifestyle.

Thanks for listening,

Jessica

*Diamonds are created under pressure* :workout:

-Mrs. Jessica M. Hitchens

weight.png

YEAH!!!! for you Jessica. This is a great place to be. It is a friendly bunch with lots of encouragement, which I need myself from time to time, otherwise I would not be doing this for the umpteenth time. So jump in and let us know what we can do to help.

Never give up or look back,

:exercise: Mickee :exercise:

weight.png

HW: 238

WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

I've started doing WW @ home, using point listings and calulators I downloaded to my android phone. I can not afford to join WW right now, is that going to hold me up? I really want to stay OP, so I will join ASAP, but right now money is way way tight :/

*Diamonds are created under pressure* :workout:

-Mrs. Jessica M. Hitchens

weight.png

Welcome to BCB Jessica! You'll find a lot of encouragement and the support you need here. Can you attend one meeting? At that meeting, you can participate in the orientation and maybe purchase the calculator. Are you doing the new program PointsPlus? I think you have to either have the calculator, attend meetings, and/or subscribe to etools so you know your points. Just a thought. Good luck!

SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150

Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

mandie... welcome to BCB! This is the place to be to find support. Post often so we can get to know you!

Welcome back Mandie. Sounds like you have a solid plan and good outlook. The new Points+ values are starting to show up more and more. I don't think they are being updated on this site, but lots of sites are updating. I read that WW is working on new packaging to update them too. I've been putting recipes I use a lot into the recipe builder as I have time. Slowly but surely we will get there.

This is my favorite recipe site: www.skinnytaste.com. She is updating all of her recipes.

Heather

SW: 184 (3/1/10) :bcb_yuck:

CW: 158.2

GW: 140

Write your hurts in the sand; carve your blessings in stone.

Welcome back Mandie. Sounds like you have a solid plan and good outlook. The new Points+ values are starting to show up more and more. I don't think they are being updated on this site, but lots of sites are updating. I read that WW is working on new packaging to update them too. I've been putting recipes I use a lot into the recipe builder as I have time. Slowly but surely we will get there.

This is my favorite recipe site: www.skinnytaste.com. She is updating all of her recipes.

I love the site! Thanks for posting!

Welcome, Jessica! I don't really have the money to join Weight Watchers, either. What I did was signed up for the WW online free trial. Once I was signed up, I could buy the points calculator and the two books that list all the points for a lot of common foods. I figured with those two things I would be set and wouldn't need to keep paying the weekly/monthly things. You can also use that week to look up the points for a bunch of foods that you know you'll eat, just so you have the points for future times when you don't have access to their search engines. Shipping and tax add about ten bucks to your order, but they ship quickly, so if that's cheaper than going to a meeting (I'm not sure how much they cost), you might want to consider that.

Hope that helps! :)

~quix

http://musingsofanovereater.blogspot.com/

SW: 294 (12/21/10)

CW: 261 (6/6/11)

GW: 190

weight.png

Hey everyone -

Found this board tonite after losing it (no pun intended).

Just turned 51, STILL battling the weight demons and realize that I'm totally capable of getting the fat off - just need some "buddies" to do it with.

As a recently divorced woman it's kinda lonely out here dieting solo and thought - well, DO SOMETHING about it so here I am.

Historically have always been overweight - most I've lost was 90 lbs about 4 yrs ago and I've gained back about 40 so before it creeps up on me - I want to make some changes! This is my first step toward doing that.

Welcome,

We all are here for that same reason. We know the 'how' part of this but we sometimes forget the 'why'. The comfort we get from food is powerful. We deserve that comfort. We must find ways to get what we need from other things. Having a group that really knows what we deal with is essential. Together we can win. Alone we struggle.

Welcome to the fight.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Welcome! Many of us return to WW when we are ready to get serious again. You are not alone. You are in the right place to get lots of encouragement. BCB rocks~!

Emma

5'1"

SW 154.0

CW 154.0

GW 125

Hi everyone!

Just as the title says, I'm a newbie. I signed up online for Weight Watchers last night and I'm attending my first meeting tonight. I'm excited and a little nervous since I've never done this before. Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated, like what to expect.

I finally after years of struggling with my weight decided to take action and decided that WW was the way to go. I have done other *diets* but I always gained the weight back. So, this time around it's going to be a lifestyle change and I'm taking it very seriously for me and my health.

Thanks!

:welcome: ! There are lots of great forums here so take a look around, find a group that appeals to you and jump right in. You'll get lots of support and advice as you go!

Kimberley

Welcome! I'm guessing you signed up for the Monthly Pass. At least I'm hoping that's what you signed up for. If you signed up as as Online subscriber, that does not include meetings.

For your first meeting:

- Print out your temporary Monthly Pass and take it with you

- Get there early as you will need to fill out some registration paper work, meeting centers usually open up 30 minutes ahead of the meeting

- After you get registered you will be weighed in, and you'll get your Daily Points Plus target, the Getting Started book, a Pocket Guide and the "weekly' (this ties in with the meeting topic and you'll get one every week)

- The leader will hold the meeting. It usually includes a short review of last week, this week's topic and awards/recognitions.

- After the meeting the leader will have a Getting Started Session for new members and anyone who wants a refresher. Be sure to stay for this.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Welcome! I'm guessing you signed up for the Monthly Pass. At least I'm hoping that's what you signed up for. If you signed up as as Online subscriber, that does not include meetings.

For your first meeting:

- Print out your temporary Monthly Pass and take it with you

- Get there early as you will need to fill out some registration paper work, meeting centers usually open up 30 minutes ahead of the meeting

- After you get registered you will be weighed in, and you'll get your Daily Points Plus target, the Getting Started book, a Pocket Guide and the "weekly' (this ties in with the meeting topic and you'll get one every week)

- The leader will hold the meeting. It usually includes a short review of last week, this week's topic and awards/recognitions.

- After the meeting the leader will have a Getting Started Session for new members and anyone who wants a refresher. Be sure to stay for this.

Yes, I signed up for the monthly pass, it seemed like the right way to go. I went to my first meeting tonight and it was very informative and helpful. I think I;m really going to enjoy it. Thank you so much for your help.

:welcome: ! There are lots of great forums here so take a look around, find a group that appeals to you and jump right in. You'll get lots of support and advice as you go!

Hi! Thank you for the info :)

Guest mushy201

Good Evening Everyone,

I am new to BCB...I'm looking for support and friendship to help me lose roughly 100lbs...I have a long way to go...

I am a stay at home mom of 2 kids...I am married to a great supportive man and I want to lose the weight to be happy and healthy not only for myself, but also for my kids and my husband.

I'm looking forward to joining some groups and meeting some new people...

Thanks for reading!

Mushy201