Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

I am back tooooo ...Just rejoined today....went for a set in meeting last week..and joined today...lost 2 pounds already...so will need help esp..understanding the site on the computer...

Hello there All . . . !!!

Myself Talha, I am new to this forum. There are many healthy discussions around here which urges me to join and take part in them. Nice forum, keep up the good woek guys.

Have a nice day.

Hi! I'm new to this board, but this is my second go-around with WW. I lost about 35 lbs in 2006 doing the old points program on my own. I joined WW online this time, because I still can't figure out the new points on my own. I am loving the fruit is 0 pts aspect of the new plan!

I have 2 kiddos, 7 and 2 so they keep me pretty busy. I have a couple of medical issues and some meds that cause weight gain (my doc says about 10lbs per year with all else remaining the same). So here I am, trying to get back to a reasonable weight, so that keeping the 10lbs/ year at bay won't be such a challenge.

Dawn

SW (4/21/2011): 224.5 GW:180 CW:217.8

Hi DAWN!!! Happy you took the plunge and posted!!! :)

I love that fruit is 0 pts on the new plan too. I was talking to some of the other Mom's and Kiley's Girl Scout Meeting last night, and 4 of them just started back on WW. It has definitely taken some getting used to, with the new points and all. I used to have all my "favorite" breakfast go-to's and all memorized (points-wise), and I've had to re-learn all of it. I've also somewhat revamped the way I even eat breakfast. I used to always have a multigrain english muffin with peanut butter, and my yogurt. But all of those went up in points. So, now, I'm leaning more towards protein....egg beaters, turkey bacon, etc.

Although I've been caught a few times. Like right after Easter, I had some jelly beans, thinking "they're zero fat"....chomped away on them, then figured out the points, and cause of the high carbs.....YIKES!! I wasted a lot of points on jelly beans. :)

Hope you post often!

I'm not going to bother to tell you about myself.....you've known me for what....like 10 years now? :) I think you know enough. hehehehe

Linette

Lifetime: 2/9/06

SW: 187

GW: 150 I got down to 142 at my lowest weight...

Re-dedicating myself as of 01/04/11 NewSW:190

CW: 173.0 (-17.) WOOT!!! (08/01/2011)

Proud mommy to Kiley Alyssa 6/25/03 and Marisa Gail 2/20/08

10 years?!?!?!?!? Why does 10 years out of college sound sooooooo much worse than 10 years out of high school???? Thanks for that!!! :bcb_blush

Breakfast is my big problem. I want to eat a bowl of miniwheats and have a hot chocolate with coffee. Not too bad at 9points. And I can get away with fruit as a snack around 9:30, but I feel like I should get more protein. Problem is, my stomach objects to anything that's not grain and sweet at 5am. I've tried the egg mugs and other egg based breakfasts but it just feels icky all morning then. Hmmmm.... what to do?

Dawn

SW (4/21/2011): 224.5 GW:180 CW:217.8

Guest madismome

Hello everyone.... My name is Miriam... I am 39.. And I am wanting to start on WW Points Plus... I have never really had a weight problem until I had my last baby she is 21mths now... But WOW! I am getting off the charts and I my Dr. wants me to get the weight off and I told him I was gonna join WW classes which kind of fell through fro now... I already have my books... I had planned on going to meetings but I am unable to right now.. I am hoping to come in here and get some people I have to answer to so I can lose the weight.. I'f I don't have a support system I won't do well... I was with WW before on the Points program with our church.. we did a support group also.. and I lost 24+lbs.... I felt so good.. I was working out almost everyday.... So, if anyone in here goes to classes etc.. I would love to get info from you and any support.... I'f someone would like to be a partner with me to lose weight I would love it.... My goal is to lose 70lbs.. however long it takes me.. :0)

Hi Madismome

I'm back again, but I'll start as a newbie. It's been a long time since I've been on. But the support I got "way back when" was wonderful so I'm back. I'm doing WW at meetings, also online (which I can do because I pay by the month with credit card). I love the new program and have lost 12+ lb. since Christmas time. I'm not too good on the working out stuff. Need to do more. Doctor is unhappy with that part because my bones are suffering. Anyhow, I'm looking for support again.

Quilting Belle

Guest jill-leigh

Welcome back! I remember the name!!

I am also back, along with several others it seems! Glad to see you!

Guest jill-leigh

Thank you, Trudie!! Where are you posting now?

Good morning,

My name is Sarah and I am on my 2nd WW try. About 4 years ago I was guiding myself through WW. I lost about 30 lbs and then a bunch of 'excuses' got in the way and I gained it all back. I am 208 lbs currently and my goal weight is 160. I am now ready mentally and physically to start again and this time no excuse will get in my way. I don't have the $ to start WW meetings or the official online program so I will once again guide myself through but I hope with this site I will be able to gain support and inspiration to keep going when times get trying.

Thank you,

Sarah

Guest jill-leigh

Welcome, Sarah ;) With or without meetings, this website has always been the backbone to my success. Hope to see you around!

Guest autumnleaves

Me too Sarah !!! This is day 2. I'm 5' 7" and 208 I'm aiming for 160 as well. I've done it before and gained it all back plus some. This time it's for good. Hugs Autumn

I did not know they had a new program. I am still working off the info I had years ago when they started the points program.

Autumn, that is so funny. We are the same weight and height with the same goal. If you want to email me we can work together on this. It's always nice to meet people who are in the exact same boat... lol!

I am new to this page as of today. I have been on weight watchers for 5 weeks and I have only lost 2 lbs. What am I doing wrong? I keep track of everything I eat, manage portions ( I eat out of a measuring cup to be sure! ) and have been exercising. I had my first baby 3 months ago and have to go back to work in ten days and have to buy all new clothes because I am still 28 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight. I don't expect a miracle transformation ( a few lbs a week is fine). I was able to lose weight on the original points program. I can't help but wonder if it is the new points plus program. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dregirl - How much weight did you expect to lose in 5 weeks? A realistic goal would have been 5 to 7 pounds. Actually, that would have been an aggressive goal. Losing something like 3 to 5 pounds is probably a healthier goal over 5 weeks. So, you lost 2 pounds - not far from 3 pounds. You're doing fine. Just keep doing what you're doing - make good food choices, use portion control, track your food, stay within your allowed points, and get some exercise. You keep doing that and the weight will come off. But, relax too. You're not going to lose 28 pounds in ten days. It could take 6 months to lose that weight - doing it the healthy way.