Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Dregirl,

Don't get discouraged...just keep with it. Your body has been through a lot and needs time to adjust. I found that I'm not getting the same results as I did on the old plan either (I had a baby 11 month ago). But the plan was revamped for a reason, and is a healthy way to lose weight. I have a challenge under the WW and Exercise thread starting on Sunday...if you're looking for accountability and motivation, feel free to check it out. Also, I'm part of Delta Force...great thread...lots of success stories and great gals to keep you on track and push through the tough stuff. Welcome to BCB!

Heather

...has a goal of 135 at 35

SW: 175.6

CW: 163.0

GW: 135

weight.png

:wave:

Are you tracking your food every single day? Sometimes we think that having a "cheat" or "no count" day doesn't really matter but we can easily do enough damage in one day to take away from the entire week.

Are you eating foods high in sodium? I gain weight if I had high sodium items.

Are you nursing? If so, are you eating the nursing points?

Do you eat any of your Activity Points or Weekly Exercise Points?

How much fruit and veg are you eating? Sometimes people have been having problems with the new program because they're eating 5-10 servings of fruit a day.

Kimberley

Welcome to the group Dawn! :)

Keep on losing!

-Silvia :o

90 Day Challange!

weight.png

Guest eemslo@q.com

Greetings everyone. I am from Arizona and looking for a support group for my weight loss, which is not a whole lot (10 pds) but a big thing for me.

I'll be taking baby steps to find my way around the website and also look forward to meeting some of you.

BCB from this very moment not I have reading to do......ta ta:bcb_march

Hi everybody. I am new here. I just joined the WW online program. I hope I can lose this weight. My highest weight was 373, I'm currently 365, started the program less than a week ago and was 368. I am a compulsive overeater, food addict. I've been working the Overeaters Anonymous steps and feel comfortable enough to start trying to lose weight.

I hope to be an active member here.

-Brittany

weight.png

Welcome aboard Brittany. Lots of people here with the same types of issues. You can fight that compulsive overeating addiction, I know you can! Look around and read some posts, it's not a condition you are alone in. It's all about one day at a time. Make today good, repeat it tomorrow, and the next day and before you know it, you'll be on your way!

Good luck to you.

Thanks for the welcome. :) I'm excited to start this journey. So far so good, although I have been eating a little over my allotted daily points. But no more than maybe 5 per day, so it is being taken out of my weekly points. I do need to start eating at scheduled times, I think. I'm eating a lot midday and evenings. I tend not to eat much in the morning though. But my overeating has always been in the afternoon and evenings and into the night, but I do take a sleeping pill for insomnia so I am getting to sleep usually around midnight, so I'm not eating all hours.

I can't believe how many points I get per day. It seems like an awful lot. But 2 pounds weight loss seems like a good start, so I'm hopeful. I am trying to eat more fruits and vegetables than I used to. I never used to eat fruit, other than maybe one banana per week.. So that's helping fill me up if I'm hungry. Oranges, bananas and pickles. I just rediscovered my love for dill pickles. Yum. I am eating salad at least once a day, but I never measure the salad dressing. I think I should measure out the salad dressing and put it in a small cup and then dip the salad into it. That would probably keep me honest. LOL It's a learning experience though. So as I go along I'll be better able to assess how much I'm actually eating and how much I should be eating, portion-wise. I tend to exaggerate portions. But then again I'm used to eating a ton of food per day due to my overeating compulsion.

weight.png

Good evening everyone! I was on these boards back in 2006 and loved all the recipes and postings so I'm hoping they will help me out again. I lost 30 pounds back then and would love to do so again, especially with summer days getting longer.

I'm getting used to the new points plan, but for the most part, I like it. I'm a big computer person, so using e-tools hasn't lost it's novelty for me yet. I need to work on the exercise bit though. With working and attending graduate school, I feel like I never have time. My poor Boston Terrier is getting very good at the pathetic puppy-dog eyes look when he tries to bring me his leash.

So far, I've enjoyed the fruits being free, although they are expensive and am happy that my Starbucks drinks seem to be quite reasonable. I've made the Baked Zita and a Meat Loaf recipe from the WW website and my husband, a very picky eater, even went back for seconds on both. I count that as a minor miracle!

I've also found that Costco has lean ham already presliced into 1oz slices (not the deli meat style), which is great at tiding me over for snacks after I microwave it, plus I'm trying to get in more water, play my Kinect when I have time and stop eating the Kool Aid Kool Pops in the fridge. I think I can win that battle.

Looking forward to reading everything!

:bcb_up

Hi Ruatha! Time to exercise can be a challenge for me too, I do better when my friends drag me out. Come join the weekly thread so we will get to know you!

Terri

SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

I am CynthiJ from US.I am new to this forum and syaing hello to all of my senior in this forum.

Regards

CynthiJ

Good Morning All~~

Today is my second day on WW at home version! I have all the tools to follow WW. I'm a senior citizen that has been on the yo-yo plan for years. We all know how that works out! Some days we did to be inspired and that is what I'm looking for. Any one that wants to share their challenges to healthy living is invited to join me on this journey! Welcome one and all~~~! Marilyn

Welcome aboard! Lots of good advice and strength to be gained here! (It'll get you through the tough times and help you celebrate the good ones)!!

Hello Everyone!

I just joined bc buddies roughly a week ago. I've been apart of this site some time ago but fell off the wagon and just recently (3 wks ago) joined WW online. I'm looking for support, ready to give support and absolutely 100% ready to lose the weight. I am looking for support groups so if anyone has any good one's please let me know. Thanks! Mushy

Alright, did weight watchers for the first time 6 years ago with good results. Last year I did Medifast and dropped 25 lbs. quickly, but need to eat real food while I'm trying to lose weight. So back to ww I go after gaining back 10-15 of my previously lost weight. Going to Hawaii in November and want to stay on track badly to lose as much as I can (ideally 15-20) before then. Looking for a group that actually talks about what they ate each day and what snacks they took to work, etc. I also can't figure out how to change my occupation, signature, or avatar. Any group suggestions? I don't have to time to respond to just daily life stuff and need to focus on the ww plan and foods. Thanks!!

Steph

SW: 183.6 (1/31/08)

CW: 175.0 (8/1/11)

Goal by 11/7/11: 155.0

Okay, figured out occupation, signature, avatar issue...yeah! All changed.

Steph

SW: 183.6 (1/31/08)

CW: 175.0 (8/1/11)

Goal by 11/7/11: 155.0

Hey all,

So, I'm Mike, I'm a Lifetime member...lapsed... Lost 134 pounds, kept it off over a year, graduated grad school, started a job, gained everything back +++

that was like 10 years ago.

Blah.

Anyway, I spent 7 years drunk and medicating feelings, been sober about a year. I dealt/am dealing with the alcohol bit, it's time to tackle food issues again.

I'm about 400#s currently.

Thanks for reading,

Mike

:welcome: back.

Congratulations on overcoming the drinking. If you can do that, then you can do this, and anything else you set your mind to. :bcb_bravo

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Welcome aboard Mike! You'll find a lot of good advice and support here...way to take charge of the situation and say enough's enough...that's a big step, the rest will come together as long as you keep your eye on the good things you have accomplished and are working on accomplishing now. As you said, you know you can do it from the last time!