Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Congratulations! On coming back to WW and beating your addiction! I spent 25 years not trying to lose weight thinking I would only gain it back. I now know that my thinking needed as much work as my body. We can do this, One min. One hour. One day at a time.

Welcome Mike! And congrats on what you've accomplished so far. Sounds like your head is in the right place to take on the weight now, and you already know how it works. You can do it!

Dandy

SW:340/CW:183.2/GW:130

It's not enough to want it, you have to want it enough.

weight.png

I remember! If the pocket guide says 0 points for a cup of something, what if you have more than a cup? Thanks for all advice!

:welcome:

On your question. It really depends what the food is. If it's a fruit, or a non-starchy vegetable, then the points plus value will remain 0, no matter how much you have.

But, other foods will not remain 0. Is there a specific food you're asking about?

The best way to calculate the points is to use the nutritional information found on the package, and your points plus calculator. If you have more than one serving you would double the fat, fiber, carbs and protein and enter those into the calculator. Or you can also just enter the information for one serving, then use the calculator to multiply by the number of servings you're having.

I hope all of this makes sense.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Dear Luanne,

Thank you! Yes I understand if there's nutritional info available, but what if it is a starchy vegetable or fruit, like melon for example? I wish they came with labels... LOL

Warm Regards,

Mea

As I said in my first post, fruit is 0....always. (Unless it is dried, juiced, or canned in syrup). But those fruits that are not 0 are listed that way in the pocket guide.

If you don't have a label, you can use a site like this one:

http://www.calorieking.com

There are listings for tons of foods in there.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Hey I'm Erin...I have 50 pounds that I want to lose..I have been on Weight Watchers before and lost 25 pounds but after getting married and settling in to our routine...I've gained quite a bit back!! I'm lookin forward to getting rid of the excess weight and feeling better... hope everyone is doing great!!

Good morning all! This looks like an interesting site, and just "what the doctor ordered". I am a returning WW lifetime member (lost 55 lbs 9 years ago, but over the course of time, have gained back 25.) So, I am back to the program, because it really is the only one that works! I have joined and quit 3 times over the past 2 years. I am down to losing the last 15 pounds, but it is just not coming off. I just about cried at the weigh in this morning- gained .2 despite following the program to a tee, and exercised every day! (Golf, dancing, walking, etc.) This is only week 3 for me, so I can't possibly be hitting a plateau already, can I?? Very frustrating to say the least, but I just won't give up! Any help out there?

Mer55bcb_sad

Welcome!! Just stay the course. So many different things going on with our bodies. It's important to evaluate trends over time. Some weeks the hormones take over and the scale doesn't cooperate, regardless of how perfectly you worked the program. Just keep weighing/measuring/journaling, exercising, drinking lots of water and making healthy food choices! The weigh will come off.

Kimberley

Thankyou! It has been a tough go this time around. But, I am exercising more than I ever have, and making much better food choices. I know this works, but patience is NOT one of my virtues! Hopefully this site will help me thru the tough roads. I have vowed to make one small change this week- increase my water intake. Lets see if I can't shake things up a bit! Have a great day!

We've got lots of different support groups here. Take a look around and jump in wherever you feel most comfortable. Every group is open and happy to have new members!!

Kimberley

Welcome Erin! I too am new to this site, but a returning WW member! Have a great Sunday! We are hitting our favorite haunt to dance our feet off - it's Reggae Sunday! Lots of activity points to earn!

Have a great day!

Mary

Welcome! I am coming back to BCB and WW. I lost 130 pounds a few years back and now I have 50 pounds to go. This is definately a staple in my support system...Let's get some activity points and get this thing going!

Lesa

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

Hi, I'm not exactly new here but I've been away for a very long time and have gained a lot more weight, so I thought I would re-introduce myself. My name is Sarah, mom of 2 kids, my son is 7, my daughter is 10, I've been married for 12 years come November 13th.

I was a regular here a few years ago and was doing pretty good but then fell off the wagon, so to speak, I've tried several times to jump back on but then I had some major things happen in my life and just couldn't bring myself to get back on plan. Well, the other day I received some results from blood work and I am not pleased with the results at all, my sugar is high, my HDL cholesterol is low and my triglycerides are high, but my LDL's are low (a bright spot to all of this?), also my blood pressure is a little high. With my family's history of heart disease and diabetes I am definitely scared silly and have to get focused and get this weight off. I am going to definitely need help, and I know there is a lot of support on this site, that is why I am back.

Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble on but I just needed to put out there, exactly what I'm dealing with.

Thank you in advance for all the support!

Sarah

Sarah

restart 11/07/11- 272.9

:bcb_sick:

short term goal 5lbs

weigh-in 11/14/11 264.8, lost 8.1 pounds :bcb_grin

Hi Sarah,

I have been away for soooo long too. I NEED to start WW again. I like the old plan better though. Welcome back!

Lily:bcb_march

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127