Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Hi, I've been away for a while and have been on a low carb diet. Now, while I have lost weight( very quickly I might add) I really miss my grains and fruit! I was in the supermarket yesterday and was looking lovingly at all the fruit

that wasn't allowed on the plan. I can have some fruit but its only berries and melon and I really want an apple or

pear or what I really want is watermelon and banana! And of course oatmeal is out of the question..well you get the point.

My issue is that I don't want to regain the weight I lost over the past month by eating a low fat/high carb diet.

I haven't checked out the newest plan yet but, I do have the bookets for points plus from last year.

Has anyone else switched with out gaining it all back?

Hi - It's been a while. I am an old memeber, I have not been focused or on tract. This week I decided it is time to refocus and get my healthy lifestyle back.

I know it is day 2 but so far so good. I walked for a 1/2 on my lunch. :bcb_march

Roseann

Start:261.0 Current: Goal 150.00 (?)

:bcb_march:bcb_drill:bcb_march

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.- Anonymous

Hi all - today is my first day back to BCB in a while. I have lost myself and am finally ready to get my healthy life back.

Today is only day 2 but I have walked for a 1/2 hour both days for my lunch hour. It is a start.

:bcb_march

Roseann

Start:261.0 Current: Goal 150.00 (?)

:bcb_march:bcb_drill:bcb_march

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.- Anonymous

Welcome back to BCB, Roseann! Good for you for getting back on the wagon and starting up your journey again. You can do it and it looks like you're off to a great start!

Jen

HW - 175

WWGW - 140

PGW - 130

CW 9/1/13 - 142.2

LIFETIME on 8/31/11

RESTART 4/1/13

weight.png

I was a regular visitor to this board 4-5 years ago. Then I suffered the loss of a child and everything went to pieces. I'm still trying to hold myself together, but a recent illness has me considering getting back on board with a healthier lifestyle and weight loss.

When I was last here I was happily on the old Points system, which I found very easy to use. I have been reading about the Points Plus program and it sounds needlessly complicated. It seems I would always have to have a calculator to figure the points. With the old system, I could easily figure the points in my head. If I was at someone else's house or at a restaurant, I could estimate the points pretty closely (I always tried to overestimate somewhat to make up for errors on my part.) With the new program, I feel like I would be totally tied to a calculator and spending too much time figuring everything out. What I liked about the old program is that I could easily incorporate it into everyday life and it quickly became a way of living, not a DIET that I had to rigidly follow all the rules (even though I was following the "rules" of the old program).

Has anyone else struggled with this? How do you make the transition? Do I even want to make the transition? I know I steadily lost weight using the old calculations, so it would probably work now. I just hate that if I find foods with the WW points, but no nutritional information, it would be hard to know how to convert that to the old point system.

PS---I just noticed the information at the end, which I evidently added to my posts somehow. I currnetly weigh 167 pounds, so I'm pretty much back to where I was when I was last here.

SW-183 GW-143

161 - 03/23/12 -- 8 (22 lbs to date)

151 - 05/25/12 --10 (31 lbs to date)

Welcome back!

Whichever you choose, it will work. The most important thing is to do it.

I am in Europe, and doing our version of the program, so I haven't had to do the transition like you do, however, we have had several different plans here as well since I have been doin WW, and they all work. Many of the things people are struggling with in the new US program have been in our programs for so long that I don't react to them at all.

Make a decision and stick with it, and you will be fine. Find a thread with regular posters and spend time there. That will help!

Good luck!

/Hanna

HW/Restart 2017-09-18/CW/GW

250/192/194/157

Hey, Hanna---Thanks for the encouragement. I've been getting reacquainted with this site since coming back and found my way to your blog. Just wanted to say I've enjoyed reading it. You have a knack for writing and communicating thoughts and feelings.

Since writing my first post, I've investigated the Points Plus program more, and I think it does have some advantages over the one I'm using. However, I find the plan I'm using to be easier to implement now because I'm familiar enough with it to estimate points. The calculations for the Point Plus are more complicated, needing to know the carbs and protein amounts for various foods. For me, it will be easier to adopt a lifestyle change with something that is simpler and more intuitive. So I'm going ahead with the old points program, while trying to keep in mind the principles being stressed in the Points Plus.

I'm going to keep coming here, because the support is valuable, even if I am one plan behind the majority.

SW-183 GW-143

I felt the same way when they first changed it. Then the other day I said, "I'm going to give it a try!" I guess I was just ready. I thought about going to the WW meetings again, but didn't really enjoy them. They used to have them at the place I worked, and I could go at lunchtime. Now I'm a stay at home mom, and decided to do the online version. The new program is a little harder, I agree. I'm taking it a day at a time. The online/mobile additions are SO COOL!!! I've really enjoyed it. I've also found a TON more recipes on the WW website and here then before. I'm really actually enjoying it. I agree with Hannah, whichever you choose to do, JUST DO IT!!! I'm on day 4 and have already lost 3 lbs...THAT'S the encouragement I need!!! Jump in and do it!!! We're there for you all the way!!!!!

http://theworkingsofcsahm.blogspot.com/

Total Loss to Date:

Total Loss Inches:

5'

BMI: 34.5

Weight 185.6/179.8/179.8/130/

HW/SW/CW/WWG/

weight.png

Looking thru the posts I've seen so many of us that were gone and are back. So am I.

I started this years ago, I was unhappily married, it wasn't healthy at all and I finally left. I didn't have internet access all of the time, so I disappeared. I also ended up off program, and I did have a bit of a weight gain, but not to my original starting weight.

I just got remarried April 1, 2011 and gave birth to our daughter December 27, 2011. After giving birth I was over my original starting weight :bcb_cry:

I'm now doing weight watchers online and trying to get the hang of points plus lol, i have found the phone apps and scanner to be super helpful to me.

RE starting weight: 266.6

Goal: 10% at a time

1st 10% -

2cd 10% -

Onederland

Roxanne, Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Computer problems have kept me away for a while. Thanks for the encouragement to try the new program. I've always followed WW on my own, without ever joining, so I'll keep with the older plan for now. However, I'll keep in mind your experience that, once you get started, it's not so hard. If I find the weight loss starts to stall or I just need something to keep me going, I might reconsider the Points Plus plan.

SW-183 GW-143

This is my first post here! My wife and I have been on Weight Watchers on line for 10 weeks. At my Week 10 weigh in, I had lost 17.4 pounds (1.74 pounds per week average) and the program is working great for the both of us. I'm 6 feet 5 inches, my start weight was 275 and my goal is 210. We ran across this website looking for point values for some local restaurants. Looking forward to giving and receiving support! :bcb_bigsm

weight.png

Hi, Mark. Great results. How is your wife doing? It must help a lot that you are both working together on losing weight.

SW-183 GW-143

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll most likely read and not post for a while until I get to know the forums a bit. WW definitely works, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone during the journey!

weight.png

Hello, Mark. Good to hear how well you've been doing. It must be nice to have your spouse join you working toward the same goal. How is your wife doing so far?

SW-183 GW-143

How are you doing since your February posting ?

Joined Feb2001@323.6

Life Time Achievement -Feb 2002 certificate signed by www Founder

Just wanted to quickly say hello & introduce myself. I had great success on WW years ago, but have since had two babies and have gained a lot of weight. I've been yo-yoing since restarting WW and it's time to kick myself in the butt and get with the program!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better!

I started weight watchers back in 2007, loved it, and did great! I met my lifetime goal, lost over 55 pounds...and then I gave myself permission to stop counting points, eating everything in sight, and got right back to the weight I was when I first started WW way back then. A month ago, I started the Atkins diet- which I also love because of the quick results during induction, but now I am ready for a healthier way of eating and a slower, but hopefully lifelong weight loss this time. My super busy time schedule keeps me from meetings for the time being, but I plan to use my old program materials until I can get back to meetings on a weekly basis. I am looking for some buddies to keep in touch with and be accountable to.

I need a Buddy too. I've been doing WW off and on for many years. One time I lost as much as 55 pounds, but I always regain. I'm doing it slow right now, trying to really give myself some great new habits. Good luck on your journey!

My advice to you both would be to lurk around some of the "Advanced Training Groups" (used to be called buddy groups) and find one that suits you. Once you feel comfortable with a group, start posting and soon you will have a whole set of buddies. If you join one, then figure out later that you'd have more in common with another, don't hesitate to make a change. There are several groups here that would love to have you join. Again, though, the key is to get into the habit of posting--even if it's just a sentence or two to begin with. I find that visiting my buddy groups daily keeps me accountable to myself. During the times when I'm too busy to check in, I start to slip. Mostly, by checking in, I know that I haven't quit--and if you don't quit, you won't fail. That has kept me going during the past few months when I started struggling after a good weight loss.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

Hi all,

My name is Paula. I am 46 and have roughly 60+ pounds to lose. I started the WW program yesterday and am hopeful that this can be a change for life. I have an auto-immune disease and between rounds of steroids to keep it in remission coupled with menopause, my weight has steadily ballooned up over the last two years. I have never been what one would consider skinny - but at 5'9, I look pretty good around 160 lbs. This task is daunting but I know that losing the weight will make me feel so much better physically as the pain I experience in my joints will abate.

Any words of encouragement or wisdom are greatly appreciated. I'm very happy that I found this board.

Hi Paula,

Welcome to BootCamp. I can understand where you are coming from! I had lost 5o lbs. on WW several years earlier and then, diagnosed with Cancer, Extreme High Blood Pressure, and Diabetes within the course of 6 months, I found myself having to deal with an operation and on a boat load of prescription medicines. Whether it was the stress of it all, the medicine or the recuperation period where I could not take care of myself, I gained back 30 of the 50 lbs. Now it is a very slow process for me. My advice is to never give up. Even if one meal is not perfect, try to make the next snack or meal better. Once you get into the swing of things you'll see the difference on the scale and in your clothes. Find a place here in the forum where you can settle in and find some support. We can do this one baby step at a time.

:salutMT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif