Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

I agree with Linda! Find a place where you guys feel comfortable posting and you'll be getting support in no time at all! Good luck on your weight loss journey!

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Hello,

Welcome to BootCamp! Find a place where you feel comfortable posting. Then once you start posting people will get to know you better. You will be getting the support you need in no time!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Hello all:

I'm coming back to weight watchers after some years. I've attempted it several times in the past with minimal success, and of course have more to lose than before.

I'm 53 y.o. and live in San Francisco and work as a dog walker. Even though I walk all day, I've still got a bunch to loose. I'm starting with a goal of 20 pounds, with a longer term goal of a total of 50 pounds. I'm hoping I can stick this out!

I've managed this week to eat breakfast every morning early. Sometimes I don't eat it all or not until 10 am and then not a healthy breakfast.

I look forward to being part of the BCB community!

Sharon

San Francisco

Welcome Sharon,

WW is a great program. Healthy, realistic eating/exercise. Work the program and the program will work for you. Believe in yourself, YOU are worth the effort. Good job setting goals.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Good day Ladies and gentlemen :D

Im a mom of 4 living in montreal, Canada.... Im 34 and I've been dieting on and off for a verrrryyyyyy lonnnngggg time.... My highest weight was 236. I started to do ww and went down to 158!!! i was feeling so great!! but now, im back up to 175.8... and im getting married in 17 days.....and moving in 1 month!!! so ive been plenty busy and did not care for what i ate much :( But i really want to get back to by feel good weight .... just need a little motivation cause i have none whatsoever.... so i came back to the roots :D this forum had helped me a lot.... even though i dont have much time to write, i will look into your posts for motivation and inspiration... so thank you all in advance for your help :D Wish you all a great journey :D

Well not a new "newbie" been on here before but it has been awhile. Can't wait to get to know everyone.:bcb_grin

233/226/140

7/4/12 goal 228 MEET:bcb_grin

08/27/12 college starts back up 218

Hi, I am April. This is my second round of WW since 2007 - Back then I lost 70 pounds!

I got pregnant, TWICE, and gained that back plus about 40 more. For the last few months I have been counting calories. I got stuck at 165-170 and could not get past it!

So, I started WW online. I lost 4.2 pounds the first week back on the plan! I feel great.

A little about me..

I am a wife, mother of two, and a full time college student. I live in Oklahoma.

Questions? Please ask.

Have a great Tuesday!

April

Hi! I'm Karmen and I originally joined WW (flex/core) in 2007 where I lost 20 lbs - 10 lbs shy of my goal weight. I was so surprised at the HUGE difference those (measly) 20 lbs had in the way I looked and felt - especially on my 5 ft 2 inch frame!!! I left WW and maintained my weight for a while but then it slowly crept back up and I rejoined in 2010 (momentum). The weight started falling off again until PointsPlus; the weight wouldn't budge.

I ended up leaving WW once again.

I have started WW (momentum) on my own this time but feel I need the group support,inspiration, and encouragement.

I've lost 1.8 lbs in my first week - not earth shattering but slow and steady wins the race...the weight did not come on overnight and will not come off overnight!

Are any of you on the Momentum plan too? Do you suggest getting comfortable with the portions and tracking before starting the exercise regimen or jumping in full speed ahead? Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated.

Good luck to my fellow bootcamp buddies! I look forward to embarking on this weight loss journey with all of you!

Karmen

Hello. My name is Kim and I am trying weight watchers once again. I lost 98 pounds on the program about 6 years ago and have sadly gained it all back over the years. So now I face trying to lose those pounds again. I have lost 15 so far but could a site like this for encouragement.

Just wanted to say hello and I look forward to searching the forum.

Hi Kim

Welcome to BCB. Congratulations on your prior weight loss and for getting back on track. 15 lbs is a great start.

Monique

SW: 198

CW: 145

WW Goal: 148

PG: 140

Welcome to BCB!!! You will find encouragement here. Great job on the 15 lbs. You can do this one day one goal at a time. :salut

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

How do I activate my account. When I went into my profile it shows my account as retired and inactive. Do I need to create a new account?

-Jenn

Smoke free since 8/3/09

I lost approx 65lbs over 8 years ago but life and all the complications popped my healthy eating lifestyle balloon......I've gained 35 of the 60 lbs back and feel lousy....I'm going to get things going again in the right direction and lookin for support....wish me luck!!!!:bcb_smile

Good luck Gracey! If you need support or have questions try posting in any of the active threads here. Keep us posted let us know how you're doing!

Hi Jenn - Welcome back!

If you make a couple of posts - the system will see that your active when it does weekly activity calculations. Your status should change the next time you log on after calculations.

Jason

Hey Karmen! Welcome to the Board. It sounds like you've got some experience that can totally benefit others here. Try posting in one of the active Advanced Training Groups. We have many members who also have been maintaining and have used both programs that would be willing to share their support.

Hi, Karmen. Yes, there are plenty that are still on the Momentum plan, others who are on Points+, some on Core (or the newer term, Si-Fi). My recommendation would be to find a group that suits you and just start posting. It doesn't really matter which of WW programs you are using, as the basic premise with all of them is the same--eat less, exercise more, and realize it's a lifelong journey.

Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

weight.png

I am starting again, on my own this time. I did it a few years ago online and with meetings. It went well. But I didn't keep it up and gained back all that I lost. I tried a couple of weeks with just counting calories with no results at all. But a friend said she lost 54 pounds on weight watchers again, so I am motivated to give it ago again. It is so much easier with the online tools. I can't get to meetings easily, so not having to fit that in helps keep me on plan. I am trying the points plus, and am on day 3. we shall see how it goes. I am mainly using the iPhone app as I can't be bothered to sit down at the computer every time I eat something. So I think the app may be the secret to any success I have. I am happy to be here and hope to gain encouragement as well as give it!

Lisa

I am trying the points plus, and am on day 3. we shall see how it goes. I am mainly using the iPhone app as I can't be bothered to sit down at the computer every time I eat something. So I think the app may be the secret to any success I have. I am happy to be here and hope to gain encouragement as well as give it!

Lisa

Welcome. I haven't been real regular myself. I love the ww's scanner. Try that and see what you think :)

:wave: ~*~ Amy

Thanks for the support.....was on vacation and wasn't able to respond until now....ink or it's wrong and I should t "wait" until. AcTion is over to get started but I am and am excited to get started again!!!