Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Hello, My name is Laura and I am a WW member, I have been for a long time now. I live in Idaho and found this board through Luanne on the WW boards. I hated P+ when it first came out and was still doing the 1-2-3 Success! program. But I found I wasn't losing on it either so I decided to embrace P+ to see what happened. Well I really like it. I have struggled because I was totally on the program. I have straightened myself out and I am doing the program 100% now. I am hoping to see the scale go down.

Hi, Laura and Welcome to BCB. Look around the forums and start posting!!!!!

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

Hey, everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm Allie. I've been with WW for a little over a year now and I just wanted to meet some other people! =)

Allie

Allie, welcome! I edited your post to remove the link to your blog as we don't allow spam on the site. I know your blog isn't spam per se but we have to set guidelines. Please feel free to jump in and participate in our communities!

Kimberley

Welcome to BCB Allie!!! We have age groups, pounds to lose groups and buddy groups. Find one you like and start posting. You will find friends and support here.

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

thank you for the warm welcome. I need to go and figure out how to give Luanne credit for bringing me here. I am not sure what she gets, but I see it does mark it as a referral for her, so I figure out how to do that!

Hi dear,

Welcome to the healthdiscovery.net and thanks for joining us at this forum.

I also newbie for this site and recently joined it.

It is an excellent site to share and discuss about the health and fitness.

I have just rejoined WW this summer after about 7 years of trying to eat healthfully on my own. The new program is so different, but I find that I like using the new Points Plus plan including the etools for tracking.

I originally belonged to BCB about 10-12 years ago, and I would love to make new connections for more support on this weight loss journey that we share. I was at a high of 216 lbs way back then and I am now at 179. I feel great about my progress, but I find it hard to imagine actually reaching my goal.

Thanks for any suggestions,

:bcb_smile

Sandy

Hi buddies, I rejoined WW this past Monday. I originally started WW back in about 2004 or 5, but since then have been keeping it off on my own. Until lately, that is. I have gained a lot of weight recently and when I looked in the mirror and gagged at the image I saw there, I decided it might be time to rejoin. That and the fact that none of my clothes fit, either. So I'm hoping to be smaller by winter-clothes time, or I'm gonna be still strutting around in my summer items. I refuse to buy more "big" clothes to accommodate my sins.

Before when I was attending meetings I was on the "Core" plan, which now is apparently called "Simply Filling". I guess it's the same, but haven't looked it over, since I've decided to do the Points Plus plan this time. I didn't lose well on the regular Points plan before (I actually gained! grr!) but did very well on Core. I just thought this would be a little different and I think the PP plan might be a little more flexible, but I'm not really sure yet. I like both, so if I don't lose on this I'll just switch. Oh, and I'm doing the online thing now instead of going to meetings. I am a salon owner and my lifestyle and schedule doesn't permit me to go to any of the meetings around here. So online it is.

I hope to connect with a few new buddies so we can give each other some support!

Renee

Sounds like we are very similar in our experiences. I rejoined this past Monday. I just tried to do an introductory post but just noticed that I am not allowed to start a new thread...sorry about that! Anyway I was on the WW program in about 2004 or 5, lost about 30 lbs and have kept it off myself until recently. I would like to lose about 30, ideally, but I realized that I had gotten way out of hand when I realized that I have "outgrown" almost all my clothes and if I don't get it off by winter clothes time I'll still be sporting my summer stuff. I'm not buying new "big" clothes.

Hope to meet some new buddies so we can compare notes and support each other. =)

Renee

Hi Renee,

I checked in here a few times and I am so glad to see a reply to my post. I am currently trying to focus on setting and reaching a 5% goal at a time. I am a slow loser. Perhaps it is because I am older (inevitable, yes?). I will be 60 this coming December. I was never at goal as an adult, the closest I ever came was in 1978 when I was down to 135. My next 5% brings me to 174 which is only 5 lbs away from my current weight. I mentioned that it is hard for me to believe that I can get and stay at goal, so I am working on small steps and then getting used to my new smaller size.

It would be great to support each other, I hope you don't mind all my questions.

How are you approaching your program? Do you like the new plan? Do you enjoy cooking?

Hope to chat with you soon,

:bcb_smile

Sandy

I'm back and determined to finally lose this weight for good. I've done WW in the past (successfully) and piddled with other plans. I'm thinking slow and steady but tend to get frustrated easily. :bcb_march

stick with what you know, stop piddling around. make small mini goals, try for 5% and keep it one day at a time. don't forget to track (and post)

lost 18.0 since December, its my journey

I'm back as well and determined to stick with it for life. Old habits never keep the weight off. This is a lifestyle change. Welcome back. You can do this!

Back on Weight Watcher's 8/13/12~~Made 1st Goal of 5% loss (-11.5 lbs.=219.9 lbs.) 10/05/12 ~~Made 2nd Goal: 10% loss. (23.1 lbs. at 208.3 lbs.) 11/21/13 (208 lbs.)~~Made 3rd Goal Onederland! (199.5 lbs. 02/02/14)

HW 231.4 lbs. BMI 34.22 Obese

CW 196.2 lbs. BMI 28.97 Overweight 03/04/14 Down 35.2 lbs.

GW 150.0 lbs.

Height: 5'9" Healthy Weight: 125-169 lbs.

Weigh-in Day:

Friday

:bcb_madta "Doing what it takes!" :bcbkickbu

I'm back as well (after 4 years/75 lb. gain) with a lot more faith than I had before. I'm 47 yrs. old now and I know it will be harder but, I feel if I'm making healthier choices I will be healthier and that is all that matters to me. I found that eating mostly raw fruits and vegetables help me the most with 8 glasses of water or more per day. Sticking to that everyday is hard for me, though. I have a very low income and my husband doesn't eat any fruits or veggies and I'm the only with an income. He is a meat and potatoes man and cooks Country style (lots of Crisco) and loves to deep fry. He cooks dinner. But, anyway, enough about me, this is about you....Welcome back, Sandy, you are heading in the right direction!! You can get to goal if you tell yourself you CAN. ;-)

Back on Weight Watcher's 8/13/12~~Made 1st Goal of 5% loss (-11.5 lbs.=219.9 lbs.) 10/05/12 ~~Made 2nd Goal: 10% loss. (23.1 lbs. at 208.3 lbs.) 11/21/13 (208 lbs.)~~Made 3rd Goal Onederland! (199.5 lbs. 02/02/14)

GW 150.0 lbs.

Weigh-in Day:

Friday

You are going in the right direction now. I, myself am doing WW online "only" now and I was very successful doing both years ago but, can't afford both right now. At least I'm back. I regained the weight I lost 4 years ago, plus more, for a total of a 75 lb. weight gain. I took pictures of myself this time in a bikini (ick!) and will keep up with new pictures of myself monthly. I've been unemployed almost a year and my clothes are extremely tight! I got a job and start next week!! I've been living in PJ pants and Tshirts!

Welcome back, Renee...you can do this!!

GW 150.0 lbs.

Weigh-in Day:

Friday

I am new to this forum, but not to trying and trying and trying to get healthy and fit. I tend to sabotage myself and my achievements. I am looking for encouragement and help.

I tend to sabotage myself and my achievements.

What did you mean by that..?

By the way I am Malinda, I am also a newbie here. I hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks.. :salut

Hello.. It's very nice of you to have come back here. For me, I am just a newbie here. I hope I am welcome here. I also hope for you that you will find some buddies here more that ever before. Thank you very much.

Hello all,

I am Malinda, a newbie here. I also have the same quest for losing weight as you do. I hope that I am welcome and able to learn many things from you. Thank you very much.

I know how you feel and I have the same feeling too. What we need is more inspirations and motivations to go on and focus to our goals. We can do this.

Hi, Everyone! My name is Jeannette and I live with my l'il doggie, Dani, in Rio Rico, AZ. I'm a retired gaming secretary, having spent 42 years in Las Vegas with my husband, who, after 52 years of marriage, passed from small cell lung cancer this last May.

I play golf, contract bridge, read, sew, and belong to Silver Sneakers. Oh, and living so close to the beautiful country of Mexico, I'm also constantly working on my Spanish.

I have two wonderful women daughters, one lives in Dallas, and the other in Austin, TX. I have two wonderful men grandsons, one lives with his lady in Las Vegas and one with his wife in Phoenix.

I have been a dieter all my life. Name it, I've done it. I seemed to be able to keep things going until, gasp!, menopause. Then it went to "you know where" in a hand-basket. Try as I may, I kept gaining. In 2004 I had my time with breast cancer, and by the time I was through with treatment and the steroids that are involved, I was at my maximum weight of 194 (at 5'2").

I joined WW about 15 years ago (fat/fiber time) and lost 3 lbs. in 6 weeks. My leader just couldn't believe I was following the plan, working out and not losing. . .well, guess what, I couldn't believe it either!

Susanne Somers and Dr. Atkins became my constant companions. I worked and worked to lose weight. I joined LV Athletic club and worked out 4 times a week (I was younger then :bcb_smile) and while I would lose some weight, it wasn't enough to make it worth the effort. I loved the gym though, and continued trying.

After retirement I lost 20 lbs. That was amazing - stress really does effect your weight! I was also through with my BC treatment and that helped. In 2007 I had knee replacement surgery. I lost another 20 lbs. WOW!! I was finally down to what I never wanted to get up to!

When we moved to Rio Rico in 2008, I weighed less than I had in 15 or more years. But it didn't last. I got lazy, started thinking I could eat and drink at will and all would be well. . . sigh!

When my husband was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer last June, the stress started to rise and so did the weight. When he passed this last May, I weighed in at 184 lbs. I had to take a hard look at myself - what do I want to do with the rest of my life? And, what do I have to do to achieve the goals that I set. I rejoined WW, this time online as the one meeting I attended was all sales pitch stuff. Realizing that, in my opinion, Sparkpeople was an easier site to get around in, I begin to track everything there. I found blogers who posed information and wonderful recipes using the Points + system, found web sites to factor points and exercise, found Heath Discovery and so many other good resources. I finally decided to discontinue WW online, but did continue tracking, and thus far I've lost 12 lbs.

I'm really looking forward to enjoying all this site has to offer as I go forward in my goal to reach 125-130 lbs. I'm here to be a supporter, listener and, when necessary and wanted, a booty kicker! And I want to be supported, listened to and, when necessary, have my booty kicked!! :bcb_bigsm!!

J

Hi All,,

I have been doing WW since last October and I have lost 47 lbs so far. I am a slow loser but I am determined to reach my goal.

I used this Board many years ago and I just remember it recently and so here I am. I remember I always liked this board and feel I need all the help I can get as well as maybe I can help other people also.

Hi. Welcome back - I like you, have used this board a long while ago, and it is great. I just wanted to congratulate you on your excellent weight loss. I would love to be posting a 47 pound loss!!!!! When I do get on program (which I have not been following very good), I do about a 1 pound a week, and that is just fine. Hope to hear more about your progress!