Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

So nice to read your post. I am so sorry about your husband, that must be so devastating. After you yourself, battling the dreaded Breast Cancer!!! I can see where you are putting your determination and inner strength that saw you through your other personal triumphs helping you achieve your weight loss goals. Keep up the excellent work and look forward to seeing you here.

This is a very neat thread as it seems to be putting us newbies in the same boat.

I came back to this site because of the support I get, and it gives me the incentive to keep on track.

RocksAnne, welcome back and good luck with your new job. I think you will find that once back at work when you are not able to wear those comfy PJ pants and Tees where you got all that extra room, you will find that a big help.

TreSevens, I believe a person should do the program that works for them. I actually just quit WW online because I found all I was really doing was recording my weight. I have all the tools to figure out my points, and use the WW food scale and track on a piece of paper. As for support this is the best site ever!

Malandi87, you are so right. This is the place for help and support.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site, but not to WW!! I have been doing WW for a year and half, but somehow, I find myself going off track a few days after leaving a meeting. I go to meetings on Thursday's, which my leader is wonderful, but I think I really need the extra support in between meetings, so here I am!!! I hope to get to know a lot of you and make new friends!! I'm hoping this time recommitting myself will click!! Have a great day everyone!!!

Nessa

Thanks for the welcome Shiela...Sorry I didn't answer sooner...I haven't been on here everyday. Hope to see you around and good luck on your weight loss!

hey Allie I am new to the site also. My name is Laura and I have done ww in the past and really liked it, but i just started back up today. I am hoping to lose 100 pounds:bcb_smile I was wondering how much you have lost in the yr you have been doing ww?

The easiest way to encourage yourself is by using Nikes motto "Just Do It". Once you are out there exercising you will feel loads better, and even if you dont, you will be thankful you got out and did something.

Hello, hello! In the past, and it may have changed, there was a thread where people would post their daily menu. I use to find this helpful, and am wondering if it is still around?

Thanks!

Kim

Good morning all:

Several years ago I successfully lost 40+ lbs on WW. But, life got in the way and I forgot all that I had learned. So, after a recent divorce last year, I am now concentrating on myself! I want to be happy AND healthy... I remember all the support I got from the great people here and thought I would come back for some more.

I'm off..............

RadicalR

RadicalR

Hi all,

I've lurked on these boards and got a lot of good ideas. Now I've decided to become a more active participant. I'm looking forward to meeting new buddies.

Yes, welcome aboard! We can all get some good ideas from your experiences now too!!:salut It's always nice to hear how others handle the same struggles we all share!

Hello All,

I am a repeat WW'er who has lost/gained, lost/gained. I decided to surrender and return to WW last week. My starting weight is higher every darn time I go back - Arrgggghhh! I'm doing SF/Core as that has worked very well for me in the past and I find it pretty easy to do once I set my mind to it. Within 2 days of starting, I felt better, more energetic, had no night time acid reflux, etc. Had my weigh in today and was down 4.6 for my first week. I need to lose about 30lbs and I am damned and determined to meet my goal and stick to it this time. My biggest challenge will be learning to have a "treat" without it turning into a binge. In the past I've not been able to have a sugary baked treat (my favorite) without it being the hole in the dam that precedes a flood of failure. I want to be able to have a cupcake or cookie within my bonus points and let it be just that, a bonus treat. I'm 50 and feel like I'm at a cross-roads, now it's more about health than being skinny.

Thanks for letting me share and be a part of the community.

MM

MM-Welcome! We may be moving to Minnetonka in the upcoming months. I researched all the school districts in the area and the Middle/High School in Minnetonka ranked at the top of the state.

Kimberley

Hi everyone,

My name is Jodie and I'm a returning member to WW and this forum.

I have been on and off WW since I was 17. I'm hoping this time around my determination keeps me focused and on track.

Does anyone know what the the differences are between the Points Plus program in the US and the Pro Points program here in Australia?

In the past, I have enjoyed participating in this forum and I look forward to actively participating once again.

:)

Hi everyone! Ive found my way back to the boards after a looong away period. I started ww's in 2005 and thru the years have been a off and on again member. Ive committed to giving 110%, fully following the program (actually tracking and measuring instead of eyeballing) and I'm really motivated to get healthy and reach my final goal. I've lost 49 pounds so far and I'm only 14 pounds from my 199 goal (1 of many, many goals lol). I hope everyone is having a great day and I'll be seeing ya'll around! :bcb_up

SW:262.6 HW:263 CW:213.8 Total weight lossed so far 48.8

NULadera, sounds like you are on the right track. Keep it up.

Esther

Goal 160

Current 177.0

Just do what you know to do!

Hi,

THis is Riya From india. I am working with iTechnology Planet as a SEO Executive. I am here to learn new thinks and share my knowledge also. I hope you all guys help me.

Thanks

Well, the bad news...unemployed again. The job lasted 4 weeks. Back in the PJ pants and Tshirts. I'm having a harder time sticking to the WW plan but, I'm doing my best. I keep telling myself "life happens."

Back on Weight Watcher's 8/13/12~~Made 1st Goal of 5% loss (-11.5 lbs.=219.9 lbs.) 10/05/12 ~~Made 2nd Goal: 10% loss. (23.1 lbs. at 208.3 lbs.) 11/21/13 (208 lbs.)~~Made 3rd Goal Onederland! (199.5 lbs. 02/02/14)

HW 231.4 lbs. BMI 34.22 Obese

CW 196.2 lbs. BMI 28.97 Overweight 03/04/14 Down 35.2 lbs.

GW 150.0 lbs.

Height: 5'9" Healthy Weight: 125-169 lbs.

Weigh-in Day:

Friday

:bcb_madta "Doing what it takes!" :bcbkickbu

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right or if this is the right place to post this but here goes!

My name is Kristen, I'm 32 years old and just had my 2nd baby 5 weeks ago. I've done WW before and always had success with it but after gaining 60lbs while pregnant I'm back again, this time for good! I can't wait to meet you all and lose this weight!

Hello:

I'm new to this forum, i've just signed up. In fact, i've never been on any of these sites and i'm not sure exactly how they work.

At any rate, I want to do the Core WW program because counting points reminds me too much of the terrible starvation dieting I tortured myself with when i was young. measuring 1/4 teaspoon of butter and leveling it off with the flat edge of a knife, i'm sure you've all been there. but i'm having trouble finding a lot of information on Core - i tried navigating to a Core Board on this forum but i think i'm too new or something - like i say i'm not sure how these things work, i'm really just not that techy!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi poledark, It is not core now, but called "simply filling". I don't do that, so won't be a lot of help. You eat only the simply filling foods, and anything else you have to measure (like butter!) and count in your weekly 49. I do not do good at knowing when I have had enough, which is crucial in doing the simply filling plan. You can do it. Go to that forum and read. The ladies (or guys) that post there will be glad to help you get started.

Esther

Goal 160

Current 177.0

Just do what you know to do!

Hello, MMari!

Wow, do we have a lot in common! I, too, am a return Weight Watcher, having started and stopped, up and down in weight, and higher than ever now. And I, too, LOVE a baked treat--or candy or fried treats--and can't. stop. at a single one! On the other hand, I don't seem to be very good at doing entirely without, either. :( What I can't figure out is why it is that when it makes me feel so bad, and when without I feel so good, (without it I think better, sleep better, less sluggish in general--in fact, I feel sharp, energized, and need less sleep) that I keep going back to it? I have decided it's like a drug, and when on it I seem to lose all control. So, I'm trying again--this time success is the plan--and would love to learn to enjoy 'just one'.

I may sound like a nut, but really, there's more to me than food issues. I'm 51, have two boys--ages 15 and 30. (Yes, that's right! And yes, same father, same marriage!) and after stay-at-home mothering (for the most part) my whole adult life, I'm now going to graduate school. Long ago, when my oldest was very young, my husband did his grad work at UMN. We lived in St. Louis Park; but our landlord--I managed our apartments at the time--lived in Minnetonka. So very nice out there! We loved the Twin Cities and that general area! I bet you have a lovely view from wherever you are today! Autumn up that way is the best. Heck, in my opinion, autumn anywhere is the best! :)

Wishing you the best on this journey! (Have you found the one-liners? They're very inspirational.)