Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

I'm so glad you posted this. For some reason, I didn't even think about a WW app. Downloading it right now. :)

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

I so hate being cliche, but here I am for my New Year's resolution. I am one of those that have been on and off with Weight Watchers. I have tried everything like everyone else. Thought that I was "onto something" when I tried the Caveman's diet and lost 20 pounds about a year ago. I have been able to keep 10 of those pounds off, but want to get back on track and lose the mountain of pounds that I need to lose.

I was a Bootcamp member before, but I can't remember my username and the email that I used back then is no longer so I have registerd anew. I have found these forums to be very helpful in the past and I am excited about starting again.

One thing that is new for me this time is that my best friend is going to meetings with me.

1/5/2013 starting weight 267.8

4/6/2014 current weight 265.6

CiaBria:bcb_march

Having your friend with you will be a big help! good luck to you. I'm in the situation, back again after several years' absence. The first couple of days I've just kind of been feeling my way along and relearning how to count points. There are several of us who are back again, so you're in good company!

Tish

Onward and Downward

What a year! My brother passed away from lung cancer/brain tumors, after a sixteen month fight. I fell apart and put me on the back burner, but I started back with Weight Watchers and am ready to get serious about losing weight again. :bcb_airbo

Sharon :work_out: :work_out: :work_out:

"There was no such thing as defeat if you didn't accept it" Fay Weldon

"We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough." Helen Keller

Welcome back Sharon. I'm sorry you've had such a rough time. No wonder you fell off the wagon; under the circumstances, something had to give. But it's good you're back. We're all here to help each other. You've got happier times ahead of you!

Tish

Onward and Downward

Thank you for the support! Today is my fourth day and I feel that I am doing pretty well. We will see what happens on Saturday.

1/5/2013 starting weight 267.8

4/6/2014 current weight 265.6

CiaBria:bcb_march

Sharon, I'm so sorry for your loss and the horrible stress you have been under. Join right in. I am so glad you are back with us. Hang in there buddy. Now is your time for you. Always Fluffy:bcb_salut

Welcome to bootcamp. You don't have to feel the way you have been feeling anymore. Grab a water and join right in buddy. Fluffy:bcb_smile

Thank you Fluffy & Tish. I had my first weekly weigh-in yesterday and I was down .8! I have been keeping within my point allowance, but really need to work on getting all my fruits, veggies and healthy oils! But I am moving in the right direction!

Sharon :work_out: :work_out: :work_out:

"There was no such thing as defeat if you didn't accept it" Fay Weldon

"We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough." Helen Keller

Hey everyone.

It's been a long time since I've been here, so long that I couldn't log into my old account, but not so long that I could reuse the same name and email. I tried to get my password emailed to me, but it just didn't work, so I guess I'm starting off as a new recruit again.

A lot has happened in the few years since I've been here, a second child, a house purchase, and a new job. A new job that I thought would help me with losing weight, but no such luck. So with my sister in law, I've joined the gym, and tomorrow, while it's still free enrollment, I'm heading to weight watchers to join again. I know it works, I've lost weight before, I'll lose it again. I'm excited to get started!

I joined this group back in 2006, I loved the support, the ideas, and the kick in the **** when I needed it. My old log in was Goneastray, as I made lifetime back in the early 90's and have gone astray. I went through a lot of difficult personal issues including a divorce,and just could't come in here and post. I am back because this place is a lifeline that I so badly need.

Ann

Annie

I'm OP now for 2 days, not long at all, but it's been a big adjustment. Having to stop and think about what I'm eating, and realizing just how much I was snacking in the evenings. I finished supper and am out of points, so I'm just reading stuff on the internet, and playing games on my ipad.

Storm lady and Annie 2011, I'm thrilled to see that the both of you have chosen to place yourselves, your health and wellbeing as number 1. BCB And WW are a lifeline for all of us here. You are no longer alone. You have come home. Welcome back! Fluffy:salut

Hi everyone,

We had an informational WW meeting at work yesterday and I have decided to join. I am really excited to begin this journey as it is way overdue. This forum has a ton of information and I am ready absorb it all. Hope to make new friends along the way. Looking forward to sharing and receiving tips that help us stay motivated and on track.

Good Luck to us all:)

Beca

Thats so sad to hear. A loss like yours turns your whole life upside down.

Looking after yourself is so very important while dealing with such grief.

Good on you for picking yourself up again x

Hi everyone,

:bcb_happy:bcb_happy:bcb_happy:bcb_happy

I finally decided to post after joining a few days ago. My name is Lyle P. Richardson, I'm 23, single. Thought would be great to join a support group like this.

Beca, I'm so glad you decided to join us. You will definitely be successful if you live by our BCB philosophy and attend WW meetings. Congratulations on making yourself a priority.

Always, Fluffy:salut

Hi Everyone,

I'm returning to weight watchers having previously gotten my gold membership on the old programme, this is my first week of the new one and figured joining a forum would be a good idea....

I'm looking forward to getting to meet some new people on here and hopefully I can help a few people out myself!

I'm 24 and from Dublin in Ireland. I work as an accountant for Microsoft and I'm also a dance teacher (street dancing not irish!)

Karen

Welcome Karen! I'm so glad you have decided to join us in bootcamp. This is a place you will end up being grateful you came to. Grab a water and join in.:salut

hi everyone -

i'm cutting down weight and leaning up my body the next 10 weeks and have been on a strict diet. I'm wondering how many grams of fat I should consume a day in order to trim 3 or 4 inches off my waist?

30 years old

198 pounds

5'10

current goal:

FAT: 22g

Saturated fat: 19g

Protein: 190g

Carbs 250g

Fiber 20g

Sugars 34g

Water: 8 bottles

Someone earlier recommended min. 70g of fat per day or i'd start feeling bad...i'm not sure how accurate that advice is though, looking for a second opinion. any nutrition experts out there i'd really appreciate it

Hello everyone I hope I'm going about this right!! I'm introducing myself. I'm a 58 year old female mother of 2 daughters a Grandson 14 and a Granddaughter 3. I feel so much better about life and myself when I'm slim, and I have done this twice before so I know it can be done. This time I need to stay slim as I have Coronary Artery disease and I have a stent in my heart plus I have an arrhythmia problem as well that is still being worked on. For 58 5'7" and 203.8 I'd have to say I'm a good looking person and would be a looker slim ( like myself or what LOL) I am a project in the works. I need the support and as soon as I figure out how to blog I'm going to blog and spill the beans. Dusty:bcb_bigsm

Dusty, welcome to bootcamp. We are so happy to have you join us. Weight Watchers is a wonderful program and BCB is the catalyst for getting you to your desired goal. Hang in there dear buddy, grab a water, and browse around bootcamp.

Always,

Fluffy:salut