Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Hi Jen. Welcome back! I recently came back to find my old persona "retired" as well. I'd like to know what length of time away from the account send you into retirement?

I can empathize with gaining weight back. That's what I did too. But we're back at it and we're gonna be great! :bcb_up

SW 237.5 (2/18/13)--CW 219.5 (4/29/13)--GW 160

Hello! I was a very active member about 6 years ago as well. I had great success with WW and this site, I don't know why I went off program for so long.

So sorry to hear about your Fibro. My doctor thought I had that a couple of years ago, but we're coming to think it's actually a gluten-sensitivity. I have very large amounts of inflamation in my bloodwork and they can't find anything wrong! I just went gluten-free for the first time today. Another challenge, but I'm up for it!

You're going to do great!

Personally, I do WW online with e-tools. I mostly use the App on my phone since I can update what I eat no matter where I'm at. I really love the barcode scanner App as well since it's a lot faster than punching numbers into a calculator. I've got a few WW cookbooks, but I don't really like them. The recipes are always more involved and have more ingredients than I would prefer. I used to get a lot of my recipes off here. Now, I just scour the internet for recipes that sound good and substitute healthier versions of the ingredients. Good luck!

Um...ditto, apparently.

How did you get your rank to change from retired??

HW 220

CW 134

GW 129

Hello all! I am a returning buddy who has not been around for several years. I restarted WW today and I already feel better. Looking forward to meeting/re-meeting all of you. :salut

Hello, my name is Amber. Found this site while browsing for the original point system for Weight Watchers. I was a member back in 2005 and 2007 for awhile and did extremely well. I read up on the new Weight Watchers system and have decided that it wasn't for me.

A lil history about me. I'm 25 years, 5'4 and roughly 240 pounds. Sounds horrible, I kno. Married with two beautiful girls. Before having my daughters, I didn't weigh over 200. After kids, I've had a lot of health problems from gall stones, to kidney stones, colon polyps, and heart problems. I have a history of CHF so it worries me that there is a chance of it occurring again. I had a checkup with my cardiologist last week. Everything is fine but my cholesterol was twice the level it should be and warned me that I needed to diet and exercise and shed atleast 40 pounds before August.

So tomorrow I am starting back with Weight Watchers original point system. I believe I can stick to it....just need motivation and people there to motivate me. That's why I am here and honestly.... I'm just tired of being tired...and overweight and feeling unattractive. I am ready to do this and I'm ready to stick with it. So any helpful comments or advice, I'm all ears.

Welcome, Amber! WW will really help with your health problems, so take it one day at a time to stay on program. You can do it!

Hello all. I have heard so much about this site and thought I would come and see what it is all about. I am in my mid forties and have lost over one hundred pounds on WW but am still 25 pounds from goal and really struggling with it so I am hoping for some good help here. What a beautifully organized site by the way!

Hey Steve! I'm glad that you stopped by! Familiar face and all. VERY slow here, man!! It's nice to see that you are still holding strong! You are doing an awesome job maintaining.

Hey Bob! Yes, I was surprised when I stopped by yesterday and hit the new posts button - and it didn't bring back as much results as I thought it would, considering how long I have been MIA.

Dude, just 11 pounds to go? You are rockin' it! 55 already? That is A-MASE-ZING! Awesome. Great work!

The last 4 months for me have been the worst in my WW journey. June 21st was the 7th anniversary of my starting WW. And, it's a marker that kick-started me to get better. I need to move more, make better choices, be more honest and less sloppy with my tracking, and, be more accountable.

It's not like I gained it all back. But, I've allowed myself to gain 6 pounds that I don't want. And, seeing what's been going on the last 4 months, I am smart enough to know that those six could be a springboard back into a bad place. And, I will not let that happen...not after 6 years and 8 months of following the program and making it work. Plus, I don't want to lose my lifetime status. I've had it since January of 2007. That's a long time. And, I want it to get longer.

I totally understand where you're coming from....all of the reasons you listed are like a carbon copy of my reasons that it's taking so long on these last few!

I can absolutely understand you wanting to nip the gain in the bud....it's much easier the sooner you can get it in check...you have really been doing extremely well, though, over these last few years...inspirational to see!

The same is true for me---just need to tighten up the day to day. I suspect I have a bit of complacency in place here!

I am also a returning recruit. I have quit smoking about 2 months ago and I really want to get serious about my eating habits. They've been my payment for this quit. I'm looking forward to the support here.

Hello! I too am returning to WW and BCB! I've experienced several life-changing events in recent years (finished degree, blessed with another child after my other children are already teenagers, turned 40, and most recently, moved from Alaska to my native-state of Texas!) I MUST make a healthy lifestyle change, and am looking forward to the support and encouragement here!

Hey celadon! (better late than never!)

This site does have a very long history, but has been slow lately. Hopefully the new changes will start to pick things back up

Way to go on the lost weight!

Hi new friends :salut I was here many years ago and learned a lot from this forum. I am returning stronger and more determined. Starting over and not looking back.

Paula

Started WW in January 2005 at 280 lbs (6' 3" M 46yo). Lost 63 lbs in 7 months. Hit my Lifetime status and then walked away. Kept it off mostly for about 4 years. when I hit back to around 250 I came back in 2009 but it didn't stick. Tried various diets since but I'm still hovering around 250. I want to be 220-225. So, I'm back. Love all the new mobile tools, I think it will make it much easier for me this time. I am pretty active. I'm at the gym 3-4 times a week doing weights, Kickboxing, jump rope and ... yes, Zumba. Not too many guys do it but it is a good cardio/core workout and the gang at my gym are a lot of fun. My biggest issue is binging. I have an addictive personality. I quit drinking 19 years ago because I couldn't drink in moderation. it is hard for me to do anything in moderation. I'm an all or nothing person. Hopefully WW can restrain me. I know the program works, I just need to stick to it.

Hey, welcome back! Sounds like it's been a roller-coaster. I haven't tried Zumba so can't knock it. I do a lot of yoga though, so... As far as binging and having an addictive personality, I am right there with ya. It's a hard battle, but it can be won. Good luck to you.

I've been away for awhile. Gained back a little weight, lost it, and ready to lose more. I'm, um, "inspired" by my new health insurance, which is good, but strongly encourages healthy habits (healthy weight, working to normalize blood pressure, etc) by way of lower insurance premiums. It's almost like they are paying me to lose weight, etc. :bcb_grin

I got myself a brand new pedometer and I'm ready to roll. :bcb_march