Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Welcome aboard! Feel free to join me at the Newbie Table. You can boost your post count(and rank) welcoming other members also.

Welcome back! Sounds like a good deal with the health insurance! Money often makes a good motivator. I had health insurance through a job that I had last year who provided similar benefits if you joined their FIT program, which was kind of the same thing.(blood pressure, weight, etc). I guess it makes sense. Definitely makes sense to try it out if they offering it - save some money.

I'm here because I need to correct many unhealthy habits. No pedomoeter, but I'm ready! Let's roll:bcb_march

Hello,

Everyone I am so glad to be part of this group again!! 6 years ago I was an active participant of this group and the support was so much part of the success I had! But one thing was missing in me, determination, dedication and truthfully unless our hearts are truly in it, its so hard to be successful.. Winning the battle of the mind is such an important factor in this journey and for once in my life I am so committed to doing this.. Like someone said on instagram, "I'm not losing weight, I am getting rid of it because I don't plan on finding it anymore" I am so happy to be moving now, something that was never part of the equation, but I have learned that moving and tracking is what keeps the scale moving!! I am also doing this with my sister, so it makes the support system so much bigger!! Got a husband who pushes me to go out and exercise and kiddos that say "you can do this momma" Lets do this!!

Saludos,

Chicas :exercise2

Erika

Welcome! It is a journey, not a destination and all the support along the way is great!

I'd like to introduce myself to members on this helpful site.

I'm Candace and have been following this site and, in particular, the wonderful Fit & Sexy and Beyond group of ladies for 2 years now! Can't believe it's been that long. I began accessing the site when I joined Weight Watchers at work and our leader recommended it.

I am over 60 years old, live in the northeast in a major metropolitan area, and still work full-time. I like to think I'm still fit and sexy whether that's really the case (ha, ha). Presently, I need to lose approximately 10-15 lbs.

This group has proven to be wealth of knowledge, wisdom and inspiration for me. I learned so many things from you--types of birds, love of dogs, cats, etc., what it is like to live on a lake or to live in an RV over the summer, how to efficiently sale a home and downsize, how to grieve and overcome emotional setbacks, how to hold onto a higher being for support, and much, much more about family/friend relationships.

Welcome Candice!

This is a great site! I haven't followed the groups much but I've definitely learned a wealth of information from all over the forums. It is inspiring to see so many people 'doing what it takes'.

Candice, I know the over 60 group will be thrilled to welcome you when you can check in there. I am "over 60 - well over 70" but I go to the buddy system and the christian threads. Some ladies on both do the over 60 thread also. Nice nice people. Great motivation to stay on track and get the most out of weight watchers and this board.

Esther

Just do what you know to do!

Well, this might not be the first time, but it can be the last "new start", can't it. Tell us about your self so we can get to know you.

Esther

I would love to meet all you new WW friends! Let's start chatting!

========================================

Pull up a chair and tell us about yourself. The more you post, the quicker you can join in other groups. I am retired, lots of car trips, and loving life. WW is very doable, even when we travel.

Esther

You know, sometimes, those of us who have been on the program for years, need the basics again. The pounds sart sneaking on. Still at goal, but more than I should be, and the call to check out my eating from my journal revealed some unhealthy trends, even if I did not go over my daily pp target. Gonna do better this week.

Esther

I love Weight Watchers and really enjoy reading this board. I am not much of a poster, but I will try my best!

It doesn't have to be wordy. I get afraid of that esp becuase I still type 1-2 finger style so its hard but when I am here posting I am not in the kitchen

Hi Candle3. We are a great group over in the 50's and above. Come on over and join us.