Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

I'm starting my weight loss journey over again and being accountable is the only way I know that works for me.

I created a blog to help me be accountable and hope that others enjoy it and can relate to how I am feeling.. I don't really know how to promote it yet as I am just learning. I really want an audience to help me a long the way. Weight loss forums such as this one and reading about others is what help me achieve my goals before and I am hoping my blog and being back here and accountable will help me stick to it again...the right way!!!

http://www.losingthebestway.blogspot.com

Meg

HW 6/07-290

SW - 260

7/09 - 167

CW - 203

Goal - 180

weight.png

Welcome back!! I hope to see you around the boards in the future, you are on the right road. I will check out your blog :)

Moe :salut

Welcome aboard Laura!! You have been here before, so you know what a great place this is. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards in the future.

I am also doing it from home...

In my previous life, I read posts on this site, but didn't take the time to post. In this life, I have retired, am not nearly as active as I was and am hoping to regain the motivation/momentum I had. I have been a WW Lifetime member for about 7 years. Having gained a few pounds after retiring, I am about 6 pounds over my goal. While I've worked at it, I have been unable to shed those pounds. Hoping the insights you can share will help.

Welcome! I am newly retired also, plus dh and I moved to a different state. I found my weight was starting to creep up a bit, and I knew I wasn't quite as active as before. I ended up joining a gym since we moved during the winter and the opportunities for walking outdoors weren't there. I'm not an exercise person, but I've found I'm starting to enjoy the gym. I suggest looking for things to do that will keep you busy and active.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Welcome back...and hope you are enjoying your retirement! It sounds like you know how to do it...being a lifetime member.....its just to get your mind in the right place and DO IT. Good luck and hope to see you around!

Welcome back! The blog is such a good idea.

There is something about writing it all out like that - It gets engraved in your brain a different way, at least for me.

Plus, I feel like I am less likely to cheat or go back on what I said when I've made a public announcement to do something.

I am not sure what advice I could offer, you've probably tried much of it. If there's something you haven't tried... try it!

Thank you so much . I know it's hard to stay at goal. Sometimes I think the meetings are just for members trying to get to goal. I understand that, but sometimes I feel left out. Thank you Esther for the encouragement . It's good to know that I'm not alone.

I have been looking at the site here and find it very helpful. Have a wonderful day.

I'm Janice, now a 60 year young nurse who is back on track! It's never too late... Today is day 100 of being back to WW and doing the Simply Filling Technique. I'm down a size and proud to say the size 20s are getting roomy. With lots more to go I'm looking forward to the support of the group.

Welcome Janice! Way to go! :bcb_up

Be sure to keep posting with us so your able to join in the Buddy Groups. Keep us updated!

Hi Margbw,

Congrats on the success over the years!

I know it's not really my place, but have you taken a look at the personal issue yet?

For me, I've been going through a major emotional detox lately... it's been rough, but I'm getting to the other side... thankfully.

I feel my binge eating has lessened a bit as I've gone through this process...

Wishing you the best!

- J

I've been MIA for several months now. My mom was diagnosed with cancer in Feb, had surgery in March and passed away in June. I know she is in a better place (no more pain or discomfort) but it has taken me a little time to come to terms with everything. I've not been handling this very well but I gave my head a shake earlier in September and realized I was only hurting myself with not doing the basics on WW.

I'm back now and back to basics.

Gayle

- J

Removed link. Please see the forum rules.

I'm also feeling nice today, so won't be banning your account. If you wish to promote your website, you may contact us for a better way.

Jason

Hi Gayle, nice to 'meet' you. Sorry to hear of your loss. The big C is a bad one, and I can't imagine losing my mom. Glad that you're feeling better and have your head in the game.