Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Yea I was hoping ALL of the newbies would use this thread. Gotta get our post counts up and it's nice to use these areas for getting used to the forums.

Thanks - I know that weight watchers works and I do go to meetings but I also have learned I need the extra support here. It has taken me a long time to realize it.

Hope you have a good week!!

gayle

Hi everyone so glad to have found this forum. A couple of yr ago I was so thrilled I joined ww at work and lost 30lbs. When I turned 50 I was at the lowest weight I can remember. Oh and th SHOPPING ! It was fantastic then I got lax, went on hormones and anti depressants and now I am up 20 lbs. no clothes fit etc. when my weight started to go up I started weight watchers again. That was when p+ started. Exercised like crazy. Stuck to it and GAINED even more Now I am back again and very determined. Don't know if hormones made a difference or not but I have stopped taking them but still taking celexa. Hoping the support of Bbb is going to help me make it this time. 30 lbs to go. And so it begins........

Yup. I'm with ya. I'm a newbie. Just joined the forum today and starting weight watchers for the umpteenth time lose some gain some. Though ever time I lose a little more. And when I gain I don't or haven't got up to my top weight. I do real well then decide I can be normal....well I can't be what I consider normal. I have to get a new treadmill mine broke of course. Start doing the wii again.

Hello! My name is Nadine and I am starting fresh. I haven't been here for quite sometime so I created a new profile. I am ready to lose the weight for good. This is a great website.

Nadine aka Naddles

Starting weight 218.00

Current weight 213.6

Goal weight 150-160

:bcb_march

welcome nadine, i love the name "poundsdown" it is a great site. i hope you continue posting. its all positive moves

Welcome!

I have seen a few others join with the same situation of just not seeing the loses after coming back on program. If/when your able to use the forum search function, try a search for 'plateau'. I came up with 28 threads that might help.

Once you can get into the buddy groups, they will definitely be able to help you better than I can.

Cheers! and Good luck!

Not a newbie been here done that before. What's different this time is it's for health reasons not vain reasons for me anyway. Good luck.

Nadine aka Naddles

Starting weight 218.00

Current weight 213.6

Goal weight 150-160

Hi everyone. I've been away for years but am back again. Just rejoined WW on Tuesday. I used to post on Delta Force but mostly under an old email that we changed when we moved house 3 1/2 years ago. I'm 60 years old. I have a hubby and 2 grown children. Only hubby still lives at home. We also have a 15 year old kitty who is extremely set in her ways. I live in Orange County California. We moved here 3 years ago when my husband retired for the beautiful weather and to get away from the snow back east. We both like to take walks outside in the sunshine so this will be my primary form of exercise. I tried to also post on Delta Force but it is locked to me. Is this because I have not posted in a long time? Do I need to make a certain number of posts again? Thank you for being here so I can come "home" again.

Marianne

Hello, and welcome back! Those old cats can be stubborn :bcb_smile Good luck on the new ww mission

That's correct! You can access the rest of the forums once you've posted in the basic training section a bit. Deltas are still going strong, so hopefully when you get back in there it will feel like 'home'

I can certainly relate to the weight changes and slow downs that can come with getting older. Menopause was OK for me, quite mild in fact, but I did notice that I couldn't lose as fast as I had previously even though I was really OP. Then I started having problems with my thyroid that led to it being removed. For a while it seemed I could gain weight vastly more easily than I could lose it. While that really seems unfair, I remind myself that the benefits of being OP really start from day 1 when you start to feel better. When I eat right and exercise my tummy feels better, my skin looks better and my joints hurt less and are less stiff. You'd think that knowing this I'd never stray but unfortunately that is not the case. Best of luck on your journey. I'm hoping to be right here going along right next to you all the way to goal.

Marianne

Ocgirl,

I have had my thyroid checked also, that's fine, I have NO metabolism oh well the weight is coming off very slowly but coming off just have to not get to obsessed and stay on plan. I sure appreciate all the incouragment!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Poundsdown is a name I came up with for a support group for a group of my friends and I. We are going to meet once a week for good advice, recipes and so on. This week actually pounds did go down 2.6 exactly. Have a great day everyone.

Nadine aka Naddles

Starting weight 218.00

Current weight 213.6

Goal weight 150-160

Hi Everyone!

I am a newbie, but not really.. I was a very active member here about 5-6 years ago (under a different name), when I lost 82 lbs using WW!!! Well, 5 years and a baby later and it's all back :bcb_huh:. But I'm determined to get there again! I strongly believe in the buddy system when it comes to making life changes, and I know this works!

A little about me - I'm Tiffany. 27, from Boston MA. I'm a Medical Assistant by day, Mom to 19 month old and nursing school student by night. (superwoman, as I prefer to be called!). I have struggled with weight my entire life, I have over 100 lbs to lose to get to goal, and I am excited to start making my way there.

So welcome other newbies!

"I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday" - unknown

Hello all!! I am not new to this sit, but I have been away for a while. I am hoping to restart my weight loss on Monday. I used to go to meeting, but with time and money restraints, I cannot do that anymore, so I'm hoping to have much success, companionship, and support here. Hope to get to know everyone soon :)!!

Nessa

~NessA~

ST 257.2lb

CW 256.7

GW 170lb

WL 1.0lb

Hi everybuddie, I have been offcourse for a looonnnngggg time and now it's time to get back to business. My husband and I are restarting the old Core plan because it did work before. I have regained a lot of weight so I have a long way to go on this program and am looking forward to the advice of folks here and making use of all the good recipes again. This time I really need to drill it into my head that this is a lifestyle change and stick with it.

What pushed me into this again aside from being unhappy with my weight was that recently my knees have been hurting and my feet and ankles swelling up, and my doctor agrees it's weight related. I am ready to reclaim my health and get fit and strong and lose the weight!!!

Thanks for reading, hope to make lots of friends here!

~~Allison