Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone! My name is Kirsten. . . and I'm back. That sounds so funny to say. I lost over 40 pounds years ago using weight watchers information at home. I kept it off for years too . . . except for a pound here and a pound there. And now, years later, I find myself right at the edge of my healthy weight and needing to get back on track. I know everyone says the last few pounds are the hardest, but losing the last 10 AGAIN has been killer. My pants are tight, but still button. Friends and others don't see a problem with your weight and so the encouragement you get when you are losing 20 pounds or 40 pounds isn't around. I have done it before so I should know how to do it again, but getting rid of those little habits that no one sees when people don't see it as a problem is tough. So I am back to you guys. Because putting your name in this hat means no excuses and that is what I need right now.

Hello to all the new and all who have retuned. WELCOME to BCB!!!! Find a group you like and post and enjoy.

Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

I am Barbra. I am a lifelong member (or was) but have managed yet again to put back on the pounds I took off. This time I come to WW to lose the weight for health reasons. Probably the only GOOD reason I have had alll these years. I have a hiatal hernia which my chiropractor says is being aggrevated by the 35+ pounds I carry mostly around my mid section. I am also fighting acid reflux and an ulcerated esophagus. Yeah I am a slow learner. Much of this could have been avoided if I had just continued with the good eating habits I learned from being on WW the last couple times. Well this time it is going to be different. Adopting this as my lifestyle. At age 70, I figure its about time. Hope to make some new friends here who maybe share some of my problems. Maybe we can solve them together. :)

I am Jan from KY. I used to be a member a long time ago. My WL journey has had many ups and downs (forgive the pun). I have finally reached the "aha" moment when I have come to myself and realize that I am not a victim of my weight and weight related health issues, in fact I have control over them. I am doing WW at home currently and have about 112 lbs to lose to reach a healthy goal weight. I appreciate the opportunity for support.

Janfromky

I'm back on ww too. Never stuck it out to lifetime before, but this time, I plan on staying until I reach goal, and beyond. Hang on, here we go!!!!

hang in there Renee. If this old lady can do it so can you! age 70 I also am doing the online thing and find I like it better than the meetings. I did the meetings all the other times I did WW. I have to face my own demons. I am using the PP+ too and it is sooooooo easy. I almost flipped when I saw I only got 26 points each day but with fruits and veggies being freebies, it has been easy. I have lost 13 pounds in the past 5 weeks with 25 more to go to my final goal (which COULD change once I see what I look like at 38 pounds lighter. I will be thinking good thoughts for you. And if you wish to email me just to chat or share ideas and recipes, please do kamperstampr@new.rr.com

I'm back too purplepenny. I'll be doing Weight Watchers on my own for now also. Wishing you luck in your journey!

Hi everyone, I'm Reesa. I've had success with Weight Watchers before and I think it's a very healthy plan to follow. I like SiFi because I tend to eat better (less processed food and sugar) when I follow it instead of Points Plus. Lately I've gotten off track and I'd like to nip that in the bud! I plan to lose 15 lbs. by following SiFi. In the past I'd come to this forum and I learned a lot, got great tips, recipes and motivation, but never actually joined. So.... now I've joined and I'm looking forward to checking in with everyone and hope to offer support too. Thanks for a great website!

How are you doing Allison? I just 'rebooted' too. Core plan works and is a good healthy way to eat for life. Reesa

Hallo,

I am new (again) to the Bootcamp. I have been trying to get back to my goal, I'm 6 pounds away, but lately it's up and down, with no

real result. I don't really believe in "plateaus", usually it means that I have lost my mojo, and I'm sloppy with the program.

I am 67 and 5'2", which is not helping. The Bootcamp has helped me several years ago, and I hope it can help me again. As we all know well, we are never done...

Elizabeth

hi all- I'm April and I am looking forward to some support to lose the 40 lbs I need to shed! I'm 42, 5'4 and pretty active.

I have not followed WW in many years so I am not even sure how many calories I should be eating each day... any advice? thanks all!!

I just started Simply Filling last week and lost 6.8 at wi day. I love not having to count every point and I feel more relaxed using SF.

Hi everyone! :salut I am a mother of two girl's, one who is a childhood cancer survivor and will turn 8 in March. I am in my middle thirties and I am a home school mom and wife to a great hubby! I need to lose around 40 lbs. to be at a healthier weight for my height. I have tried WW and other programs before, but could never seem to make a lifestyle out of any of them. I would eat something that was not "on plan" and just give up. This year, I really want to make a lifestyle of WW and also start back with getting regular exercise. For Christmas, I got the Your Shape 2012 for our XBox and am looking forward to starting with that, hoping it will motivate me to get moving. Right now, I really feel overwhelmed and un-focused. I am going to do WW for free here at home. I already have some books and the PP calculator, and now I have this free forum for support, so I hope all of these tools will help me get to my goal and stay there! Looking forward to posting more on here, reading some great tips and advice here, and meeting all of you!! Thanks!! :bcb_smile

volgirl35

I am back in here for at least the 3rd time, I let discouragement disrail me in the past. Each time I said to myself " this is it, this time I do it, I lose the weight, I become more active, I keep the weight off" I committed to a lifestyle change on Dec 26 and started it then, it wasn't a New Years Resolution because no one takes them seriously anyway. i make weekly goals and measure if I have met them. In the past I got down to eating the same 2 or 3 meals every day and got sick and tired of it. One of my new goals is to try 2 or 3 new recipes each week, because I live alone I hated to go through that much trouble just for me, this time I do go through all this trouble just for me.

I list sixty pounds several years ago. Unfortunately, I have re-gained half of it over the past two years. So I'm back on the wagon! I'm trying My Fit Foods and logging on Fitness Pal. Does anyone else here use Fitness Pal? (I have the WW app as well, but so far I prefer FP.)

Hi everyone so glad to have found this forum. A couple of yr ago I was so thrilled I joined ww at work and lost 30lbs. When I turned 50 I was at the lowest weight I can remember. Oh and th SHOPPING ! It was fantastic then I got lax, went on hormones and anti depressants and now I am up 20 lbs. no clothes fit etc. when my weight started to go up I started weight watchers again. That was when p+ started. Exercised like crazy. Stuck to it and GAINED even more Now I am back again and very determined. Don't know if hormones made a difference or not but I have stopped taking them but still taking celexa. Hoping the support of Bbb is going to help me make it this time. 30 lbs to go. And so it begins........

It will probably be very difficult for you to lose much weight while you're taking Celexa (or just about any anti-depressant, but Celexa is one of the worst for weight gain). Are you sure you still need to take it?

I am back for what I am planning to be my last time starting over. I lost 75lbs the last time I did WW and then my life schedules when into overdrive. I let "me" get pushed to the back burner - actually it was off the stove. i gained all back plus some. Now is the time for me again. I am the priority! :bcb_smile

I'm Kim, It's been a while since I've been on here. Lately, I've ballooned up to almost 200 lbs which is not good. So, I've gotten my self back on track and I've lost 5 lbs so far but I have a long way to go. Just wanted to come back for the wonderful support here.

Well, I'm here again. I have been a member off and on for years but never post much. Probably haven't been here for almost a year. Time to start over. I'm hoping to get it right this time.