Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Welcome folks. Join in. Keep reading and asking questions. Glad to have you here.

I'm new here, but not new to WW. Last fall I lost 30 pounds through Dietbet and Weight Watchers. The first time I lost a Dietbet, I lost my motivation and have regained 10 pounds. I'm struggling. I believe in WW, I just don't believe in myself.

Hi. I'm new here, but not new to weight watchers. I'm trying to live the WW lifestyle. I re-committed about 18 months ago. I didn't lose any weight for several months, but my cholesterol went down to a healthy level. That's something anyway. Then I buckled down and lost 30 lbs last winter. I should lose another 15 lbs, but instead I've gained back ten. I'm trying to regain my commitment and momentum.

Hi my name is Shannon and I am new to BCB's. I am trying to figure out where to start I have lost some weight without exercise and now I am all jiggly and looking for a way to continue my weight loss and tone up.

Hello, everyone!

I am a 50+ year old school teacher (2nd grade) and loving it!! :) I'm out for the summer, and I'm trying to get some of this weight off! I've got over 100 to lose, and I've been very successful on WW in the past, so I'm giving it a try again. I'm doing the online version, and I have to say one thing....I LOVE that I get a little message from WW tracker on my phone if I don't track that day. It gives me some great motivation! :)

I JUST recently got a cell phone (I know, I'm late to the bandwagon), and now I don't know how I lived without it!

Just peeking in to say HI! :wave:

Welcome, Shannon! It's my first time here today as well! Congrats on losing already. Let me know what you decide to do for exercise....I'm struggling with that myself, but for me it's because I've got over 100 to lose....so I have to go slow and easy.

Have a great day! :)

Hey, everyone,

I'm new to BCB, and doing WW online. I'm a 2nd grade teacher who is home for the summer and hoping to get started so I can get on track to lose 100+ pounds.

School is so hard - someone always bringing in unhealthy goodies. However, another colleague has lost 80 pounds on WW, and he is such an inspiration! I figure if I get a good running start during the summer, then when school starts I'll be "over the hump" and have already started some better habits.

Thank you all for being here! I need support and I'll be here to encourage as well! :)

Hi :)

I have to track carbs as well, and so many of the great tasting foods for weight loss DO have so many carbs in them. I'm sorry that I don't have any "menus" like you asked for, but I do have my go-to foods. I always have protein at each meal, and I TRY to have one at each snack, too, but it's hard.

When I'm at home, I'll eat a whole wheat bagel half with low-fat shredded cheese toasted on it. I will sometimes eat PB2 on celery or apples as well. Fruit is free, but it's carbs, so I try to stick with berries when it's not a controlled snack (I'm diabetic). I eat a lot of veggies with Light Ranch - the carbs and points are low. I eat carrots, broccoli, sweet peppers, celery, grape tomatoes, and sometimes jicama (which is new for me).

Sometimes I will eat a hard boiled egg (not an egg-beaters fan yet) or string cheese. I also eat almonds and sunflower seeds. They are low in carbs, but high in fat (good fat). If I buy the sunflower seeds in the shell, it takes me a good hour to crack and eat 1/4 cup serving (4-5 points), so I usually eat that when I'm watching a movie instead of fat-free popcorn.

Not sure if any of that helped, but it helped me to write it down! Ha ha! Now I'm reminded that there are some great low carb foods around at all times! :)

Good luck on your journey!

OMG! Im 53 and have 120 lbs to lose! I made a new year resolution to lose weight by walking 2 miles a day 5x a week walking with a DVD in home walking program . I called it the walking diet. I have faithfully walked 2 miles a day since the new year 2014 and guess what? lost and found the same 10 pounds!!!!!! So instead of giving up my walking Diet I decided to add WW into my equation. if anything I have built up stamina. I work nights 11 pm to 7 am Sundays to Thursdays. I could use advice on meal times too.

TYIA

Charlene:salut

I'm not sure what you mean by typically WW has too many carbs. It's a balanced diet if you're following the Good Health Guidelines.

"When the mode of the music changes, the walls of the city shake." - Plato<br /><br />"Whole lotta shakin' goin' on." - Jerry Lee Lewis