Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Hi open road. Good thinking of returning to the forum boards and working around your injury. I had gotten to my goal weight then gained 15 pounds back, I want to nip it in the bud before the weight keeps going up. For some reason its harder this time around but with determination I can do this.

Brenda

I am back too after a long absence. I can't believe I remembered my login info.

*****************************************************<br />Life is not about finding yourself.<br />Life is about creating yourself. --unknown<br /><br />sw193/cw177.6/wwg155/pg148

Hi everyone! This is my first time on the site, but I am going to see if I can get the support I need through this. If I am not actively trying to lose weight, I am gaining. Ugh! A couple of years ago, I was able to lose 70 lbs. (woohoo!), by using the old WW points system on my own, having a good friend doing it with me, and studying the book "Made to Crave", because this has become a spiritual battle for me, as well as a physical one. After reaching the dreaded plateau, and not being able to lose any more despite my continued efforts, I gradually became less and less disciplined, and have started putting back on the weight now. I am determined NOT to go back to where I was! I no longer have the buddy to work with me, and I have found I definitely need someone to report in with every day, and even go to in crisis times of temptation. I know these forums can provide a lot of encouragement, which I need; but I am really looking for a good one-on-one buddy who would even be willing to correspond by text, etc. Is that possible on here, or is it limited strictly to posting on the forums? Thanks for all who give encouragement daily to others!

:salut Hello All!

My name is Pam and I'm working on the Lose it for Life plan which is a Christian program based on weight loss for the long term. I've been dieting all my life and I'm sick to death of it. I have over 50 years of wisdom to share about diet, nutrition and exercise. I'm overweight by more than 50 lbs.

I'm a financial advisor by profession and my favorite thing to do is scuba dive.

I came here because I live in a VERY remote area and my therapist (yes, I'm in therapy for the first time in over 20 years for MYSELF) says I need to "connect" with people. There aren't a lot of people here to choose from and I've had a lot of success connecting online with an HCG forum group in the past. So I thought I'd try it again.

I'm looking to find and provide support, encouragement, wisdom and advice from others.

Hi Pam. I, too, am a Christian, in my 50's, living in a rural area, so I can relate to you! I am brand new to the site, and just posted my introduction a couple of minutes ago. I'm not familiar with the Lose it for Life plan. Are you finding it to be helpful to you? Can you tell me more about it?

Marty

I'm Erin. I will be 30 in June and live in Iowa. I am a nurse and am having trouble losing weight despite following WW using the mobile app. I am just looking for some support since I can't seem to find too much here at home. Visiting the Dr. on Monday to make some changes to a medication I'm on that I think may be hindering my weight loss. Wish me luck!

Welcome Erin. I'm a nurse too. Retired from nursing though.

Are you measuring your portions? That helps a lot. Watch salt. That helps too. Good luck with the medication.

I'm back about 5 years and 20 pounds later... no excuses but ready to work. I take it as a good sign that I remembered my password. :)

I find myself back about 5 years and 20 pounds later, not sure why I left but no excuses. I am just happy I remembered this place and even my password! Now to look around and get reaquainted!

I just started up again this week, after 6 years of trying to hold onto where I had gotten and failing miserably. I am excited to be thinking straight again, and am using the most basic Core program that I really liked and was so successful on back in 2006-2009.

Welcome back! I very much remember you! The board is much quieter, feel free to jump on in on the Delta thread!

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Welcome back. Everyone gains weight. No shame. It's part of life. What we do is try to manage a small gain. That's success. Stick around. We are all here for each other.

Welcome Erin!

*****************************************************<br />Life is not about finding yourself.<br />Life is about creating yourself. --unknown<br /><br />sw193/cw177.6/wwg155/pg148

Hi everyone, I'm Latina I'm trying SF on my own so I'm looking for recipes. I am hoping to get some much need support from here.

:bcb_smile:bcb_smileMy name is Elodia and I am 58 years old. Haven't been with weight watchers for a while now, but I am back. I am 58 pounds lighter than when I originally started weight watchers back in 2008 and have been able to keep it off. I am ready to loose my last 50 pounds. I follow SFT and I know it works. Thanks for being here with this support.

Hi there, i'm fairly new too, looking to drop 20 pounds or so for starters :) Best of luck on your weigh tloss journey

Hi all. I am Elisa and a return WW member. I have been attending meetings for a long time but only half heartedly trying. My daughter joined a few weeks ago and together we are doing fabulous. I was a member here a long time ago but under a different username. I am excited to see where this will take me!

Checking back in as well. Had a lot of success years ago with support from this site and looking forward to giving it another go.