Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Hello I am new to this site and I have been following weight watcher on and off for many years. I like looking for new grocery store finds and recipes since I do not attend the meetings.

I'm one of the new kids on the block - from Texas and need to lose about 25 pounds. I've been on a diet of one kind or another my entire life - and since the earth was cooling when I was born, that says a lot. I've been fortunate to keep things mostly under control but definitely need to shed some poundage.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hello, my name is Sarah.

I am a former Weight Watchers Member as well as a Boot Camp Buddy Member. I desperately need to lose weight again! I lost over 75 lbs. and hit my lowest weight back in 2007. I have now gained it all back and am back at my starting weight. I enjoyed the Core program and used walking to help me get to my lowest weight.

I am now at 245 lbs. and want to get healthy again. I am 46 years old and celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary this next May. This is an important goal for me. I am not attending Weight Watchers meetings because of the cost but my daughter and I are working on this together. I am also hoping to gain some motivation from this Boot Camp Buddies as years ago, I found some wonderful friends here who encouraged me along my journey. I am confident in the Weight Watchers Plan and find that it is the plan that has helped me know what is the healthy way to live. It is a lifestyle change and very doable. As of right now, I am back to tracking my food and using the Points Plus Plan. I am trying to drink more water and just be accountable for what I put in my mouth. I would like to get back into the exercise very soon.

This past year, I have probably gained about 15 lbs. altogether. I lost my Dad in January and then was laid up with a broken ankle for 3 months. I did not gain during those three months but after that, those pounds just kept going up.

So here I am with a determination to stick to it. I need to be healthy, for my own state of mind and health, for my husband and also for my God. God gave me this life to live and I want to please Him with it. I want to have the energy to do what I can with the life that I have left.

Thanks for reading my post!

Sincerely,

Sarah

Welcome back Sarah. WW is such a wonderful program. You've done it before, you've got what it takes to do it again!

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Happy New Year!!

It has been several years since I posted on Boot Camp Buddies. It was long enough ago, that Simply Filling was called the Core Plan. This forum was priceless and helped me so much with staying on track, giving me great suggestions, and the recipes were fabulous.

I will be 67 next month. I am still working and love my job, so I have no plans on retiring as of yet. Due to may age, losing weight has been so slow, but not impossible. I have not done WW's for a couple of years. I use to go to meetings, but I live in a small town and the membership had gotten so low that they stopped the meetings. Between the meetings and this forum I was able to lose weight, but never did reach my goal weight. Now, I have gained quite a bit of it back and am hoping to get back on track with the new plan. I have also joined WW's online, but I don't feel comfortable on their forums for some reason and never have. I have the app on my phone and is great for tracking points etc. I love that feature.

I hope to be able to get encouragement and ideas and vice versa from other members. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome Back.

I am returning also. Looking forward to getting back on track.

Happy New Year

Welcome back! I too have weight to re-lose. WW is a wonderful program. I and following the old points program until I get the new Smart Points plan. Then I will choose what program is best for me.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Welcome back to BCB! Our forums are kept a little more private than those over at Weight Watchers, and we don't have millions of random members. Good and bad I guess :) We surely love having more people here!

There are some great groups going that can definitely help with your goals. Read along with them, and chime in wherever.

Jason

Welcome, Dianne. We have a great bunch over at the 50s, 60s and 70s board. We're a really chatty bunch and love new members to join in. Pop on over and say hi!

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Former WW member returning. My name is Lisa and I am excited to make some serious changes in my life. I have a 15 year old daughter and have been divorced since she was two years old. In April, my youngest sister almost died of a ruptured aorta. They gave her a 2% chance of surviving the surgery, which she did (thankfully because she has a 5 year old daughter). Since then, we have been trying to get healthy together. We decided we needed to do Weight Watchers since it is a healthy way of losing weight and keeping it off for life. My sister has inspired me more than she will ever know. I am happy to be back!

Hello Everyone.

This is a re-introduction.

I did WW and used this site years ago and it helped me so much. I got lots of ideas and support.

After a kid and cross Atlantic move I find myself needing to get back to a healthy life and this seems to be a great place to help.

Looking forward to meeting people!

Hi, I use to belong to WW and did rather well.and now,10 years & 2 kids later I need to regain my life. So here I am

I lost 52 in 1990 thru ww and pretty much kept it off for 15 years. I'm ashamed to say I've really let myself go and I need to lose 60 lbs. I'm hoping this support group can help me stay on track. I'm dedicating myself once again to be healthy.

Hi everyone, I am new to this site but not to weight watchers, I lost about 20 lbs in 1989 before my wedding. It was the best, well now almost 30 years older it is hard to lose this weight, just does not come off as easy. But I will not stop trying have 90lbs this time to lose and I know I need help so here I am. Let's Do This Thing!

Hi everyone, I'm another former WW success story. After being diagnosed with thyroid problems and quitting smoking a couple of years ago, here I am again with 40 lbs to lose. This forum helped me the last time, so I'm back to try again.

OP since 5/22/01, OM since 8/22/01, LT since 10/4/01<BR>137/121.2/125 (115 personal)

Hi everyone! My name is Mandy and I am from Houston, TX. I just recently rejoined WW last week. The first time around I lost 30 pounds, but have since gained it all back. I am hoping to keep it off this time. I'm excited to start my journey.

Welcome to the boards, Mandy. You will find lots of support here. Good luck on your journey to better health.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Another re-introduction, looking to start over and stick with it! :) I want to lose about 75 pounds total, but my first major goal is to get below 200 again.

I am also a newbie and want to join in the groups but it won't let me? Do I have to have me account activated by the administrator? Thanks for your help. Marylou2

Welcome!

Activation is done automatically after you've made your first post here. You'll have to log out, and then back in, for it to be counted.

Cheers!

Jason