Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

It takes getting used to but it's a good healthy change. You'll find a lot of protein is very low in points which helps a lot. Really it's a logical program. Harder for maintenance but great for losing.

I'm back for the umteenth time! I'm planning to stay this time and have been working the Weight Watchers plan since the 1st of the year. I'm managing to hang in there this time and have lost about 15 pounds. My problem --- we eat out a lot! But I'm learning to deal with restaurant food better than I ever did before. :bcb_happy

Good to have you back! It sounds like you are on a good path. Join in and post with any of the active groups. We'll keep you on track.

Jason

Good evening! New here. Half way through today I had had enough with my weight and decided, I am going to begin WW again as I know it works! I became a lifetime member....years ago. At least 17 as that is how old my youngest daughter is. I am "only" 8 pounds away from what used to be my goal, but I know I can go much lower than that. Happy to be back! ~ Carol

Hello everyone! My name is Elaine & I was directed here to introduce myself since I haven't been here in forever!! I was on BCB several years ago when I did Weight Watchers the last time and am SO glad it is still here!! I am currently on Weight Watchers now for a little over a week but have been on a weight loss journey since March 2015 and in that year I lost 120# following a very restrictive food plan and began struggling and actually put 20 back on! :-O So with summer approaching I wanted to enjoy fruit and fresh veggies from all the farmers markets! I am a single 60 yr old woman that currently has a job being the sole caregiver of my disabled mother who keeps herself in the bed all the time. I enjoy watching TV (sometimes too much!), reading, good southern gospel music and counted cross stitch. I hope to meet lots of wonderful people here and get lots of great tips and recipes!!!

Hey! Welcome back you two. Glad to see the notification works.:bcb_LOL:

Elaine the 120# loss is a major achievement. Consider the extra 20# gained winter weight or something. It can be dealt with, and should be dealt with before additional gains come or get out of control. It sounds like you are ready to do that. Spring/Summer is a great time.

I'm sorry that we don't have a really good, up-to-date guide for getting started with BCB these days. What I would suggest, is to just poke around in the groups a bit. Make some introductions or interjections. Let us know more about your goals, what you plan to do to achieve them. Then check back, and lets know how you beat any challenges that got in your way.

Jason

Hi all!

Reintroducing myself as it has been quite a while since I visited these boards. I am a lifetime member but it has been many many years since I reached lifetime, and I have put on many many pounds since then. I've been back on the program for about 7 weeks and I am so happy with my results! down about 13 pounds with 23 more to go.

Hello! I am so happy to be here and a little nervous...I am 43 years old and need to lose at least 50 pounds. I am searching for support & accountability to help me stick with it! I want to get healthy and not feel tired and ashamed every day. I can do this! Where can I go for exercise challenge/accountability? Thank you! I can't wait to get to know you all and support you as well.

Hello. Have been a member since 2008 or so, but I dying of kidney failure and so, when I came to the site to check on an old Core recipe for core-n bread, I am being forced to introduce myself. This was always a great resource and was responsible for much of my success in the past. I am less than happy about being treated this way, since I am too ill to have much to contribute, but I can tell you this, there is a wealth of information and motivation on this site, and I wish you all the best.

Welcome back to all of our returning members!

Lots of things change over the years, especially while being a website that must conform to the fast-paced world of technology. Still, all of the information on our site is free and open to the public. Membership and posting is not required to access any of it, other than to join in the Buddy Groups - which is where you would find active support and motivation from other members of the forums. Individual groups will often host their own challenges. The best way to stay accountable is to continue on after you have made your introductions, and post in the other groups as often as possible.

Jason

Hello everyone!

It has been quiet a few years since I have been on this forum,

so many that I couldn't remember my old logname ;)

So a new one was born.

What i do remeber was the great support you got here.

I'm Nika, Dutch and well trying to get back into shape after some slides down,

due to surgery and other health problems.

Just last Tuesday I had knee surgery, still recovering....

I really need to get to a healthy weight, my body just can't take it anymore.

Hope to get tips, support and maybe a few new friends from around the world!

Nika

Hello buddies,

I am a Lifetimer who has lost her way. I am nearly 2 hundred pounds, heavier than I have ever been! I was a waitress for mos of my adult life. I always wondered if waitressing kept me chubby because of all the access to food or kept me from getting bigger from all the activity. :confused: I now have my answer, After 3.5 years of not waitressing, I am in Real Estate now,I am bigger than ever! Lessons learned, STAY ACTIVE, DON'T EAT ON THE RUN!!!!:workout:

Hi there,

I have just joined and hoping to find buddies to connect with.

I have struggled with weight issues alot through my life, especially in the last 6 years.

I have a health condition which means I cannot exercise at all.

I have to watch my diet continually, keeping protein up and the carbs down.

I am married with children and grandchildren.

Welcome back to the program!

Hi, MoodyTripper. I have just signed up and trying to figure out how it all works. You are doing great with your weight loss. Love the quote. Rose

Hello buddies,

I am a Lifetimer who has lost her way. I am nearly 2 hundred pounds, heavier than I have ever been! I was a waitress for mos of my adult life. I always wondered if waitressing kept me chubby because of all the access to food or kept me from getting bigger from all the activity. :confused: I now have my answer, After 3.5 years of not waitressing, I am in Real Estate now,I am bigger than ever! Lessons learned, STAY ACTIVE, DON'T EAT ON THE RUN!!!!:workout:

Hello there Catherine. I can imagine it would be very difficult keeping weight down when one is a waitress. Well done for signing up and starting on your weight loss journey. Rose55

Brand new here from Kansas. Following WW' s new program and losing slowly.

Hi, I am new here too. I also am following WW program. Only have 4 or 5 lb to goal. I wish you all the best in your journey. Rose55

Hi, Rose. I just saw your post. How are you doing OP? I post on the Delta thread. You are more then welcome to come over and check us out. We can all support each other.

Jannie

Always take a minute to plan for success! You are worth the effort.

My name is Grace and I live on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. I have been a Lifetimer since 1999 and, other than a few small bumps, have managed to stay well within my goal range.

Welcome, Grace. Congrats on your Lifetimer status. You are an inspiration. I post on the Delta thread. We would love to have you come post with us. Why don't you come and check us out :).

Jannie

Always take a minute to plan for success! You are worth the effort.

Hello,

I'm Linda - User name is Julian47. I am trying to get back in the groove of health and weight loss. I'm interested to read what works for others here.

Thank you.:bcb_happy