Health Discovery Network
mirruth

►►INTRODUCTIONS◄◄ Use This Thread to Introduce Yourself

Wow Mindy. What a small world. I also live in Plainview. But like all superheroes I must keep my identity secret. lol. Like you can't look at my avatar. Do you go to Pat's WWers meetings in town or do you go to Lubbock? Its great to have you here!......David

HW: 570 ( Pretty big huh?)

SW: 511.8 ( Well thats a little better)

CW: 469

IMPOSSIBLE is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. IMPOSSIBLE is not a fact. It's an opinion.

Guest princessmindy

Wow! Texas is sure a big state! Thank you all so much for the welcome!

I am in Lamesa, TX. I just rejoined WW March 30. I lived in Arlington for 6 years and just moved to Lamesa last June and have been teaching 1st grade which I love. I am new to these boards but definately like the support!

Welcome- not from Tx - but still happy to see you join and already off and losing weight :)

212/182/155/161/

HW/SW/Goal/CW/

Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

Hi Cathy,:welcome:

I'm a week old newbie. Everyone here has been so supportative. I know you'll enjoy spending time on the Board. It's addicting!!

fastrunner

Guest MeAgain

Welcome! I'm from TX as well- In Denton- just north of Dallas!

New here...first week on core...Hope to make some great friends here for mutual support! :bcb_up Love the smileys..they are just too too cute! :bcb_bigsm

:welcome: This is a great place for support and just overall fun! Best of luck to you!

*~~*Cheryl*~~*

:goal: :goal: :goal:

~*~*~*

sw: 191.2 :bcb_down

wwg: 144

pg: 135:bcb_bigsm

cw: 136.2

When patterns are broken, new worlds can emerge. TULI KUPFERBERG

A couple questions......

1..Can you use sweet and low on core?

2..Are there any WW Core frozen dinners? They all have points listed, but I didn't see anything about core..:bcb_confu

Welcome to the board. To answer your questions-

1. yes you can use sweet n low, equal or splenda

2. I have yet to find a Core WW meal. I try to make extra food the night

before when I am doing Core and pack it for lunch.

Tabatha

SW- 182 6/30/2009

CW-

GW- 140

Mini Goal- 169

Thanks...

Yeah, I do a lot of salads or chicken but that gets a little tiring...Guess I will just keep bringing food from home..It is cheaper, etc anyways...:bcb_bigsm

Welcome to our Board. Post often so we can get to know you.

You can eat Canadian Bacon. It's like ham and I really enjoy it.

Jennifer

SW - 267 lbs. - 05/14/05

CW - 275.8 - 06/18/10

WWG - 170 lbs - 04/21/07

LIFETIME: 06/02/07

Guest candyshungry

Hello and hope your doing well!

Thanks girl! Tomorrow am will be my first weigh in...:bcb_huh:

I am actually ok, because I feel like I have done well staying on program..so we will see...:bcb_smile

I am 37, a registered nurse, a mother of 3..and live in Texas...just a little info to help ya know me.. :bcb_bigsm Have a great day girls and stay on track!!!!! :bcb_tank:

bnsilly~ Very clever screen name. Welcome to the group! This is a fabulous place to get advice, support, encouragement and accountability. Post often so we get to know you! > for w.i. tomorrow. Let us know how you do!

emily

sw268/cw 212.2

My Space & Photobucket

"What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step." C.S. Lewis

Hi, all. I am Rhonda and I am new to WW--actually just finally getting all my ducks in a row, so to speak, and getting ready to begin. I did the Atkins diet for a long time, did really well with it as far as weight loss, but developed health problems from not getting enough of the foods I needed, thus, I gave up on that.

I have heard so many positive things about WW, so I am willing to give it a try. My problem is this---I live in Guatemala right now, and many of the foods that are available there in the States are not at our disposal here. I bring back things I can stock up on when I go back to the States to visits, but there are some things that are impossible to bring back.

My question is this--does anyone have any recipes that use items we can readily get here in Guatemala? Potatoes, celery, lettuce, carrots, avocadoes, cucumbers, and things like this. We CANNOT get fresh squash (other than zucchini), okra, peas, baking potatoes, yams, green beans, and things of that nature. In addition, we only very rarely can get frozen foods, and that generally is way out of our price range since it is imported. As far as canned foods, that is limited exclusively to corn, peas, mixed vegetables, asparagus, mushrooms, and black beans/red beans. As for meat, we are HUGE chicken fans, but occasionally do get hamburgers (premade and frozen), roast, and whiting fish. We can get other meats, but they are usually way too expensive for us to even bother with. We CAN get most fruits (except for blueberries) as well as some that you cannot get there in the States, so fruit recipes are usually not a problem. Cereals also are very limited (mostly by the cost factor--for example a box of Cheerios is over $5.00), but we can get oatmeal:) Also note that we CANNOT get egg substitute here, just plain old eggs, so if anyone knows how to figure the difference in points between eggs and egg substitute, I would be grateful.

So, does anyone have any recipes that would fit with the above food items? Or do you have any good links with recipes that would fit with this? I have found several recipes so far, but I would like to be sure I have a good variety on hand to try and to be sure that I don't get bored with the same old recipes.

Feel free to e-mail me personally at guatemalamom@gmail.com or here on the site.

If there is anyone else out there from Guatemala doing WW, I sure would love to hear your ideas on how you made this work:)

Thanks in advance for all your ideas and help!

Rhonda a.k.a. guatemalamom

Just a quick note... A real egg is 2 points.. however 3 egg whites are just 1 point! I normally eat 1 point toast, egg whites, and a (1pt ) 2% cheese slice as a sandwich for breakfast at least once a week. That is a YUMMY 3 point breakfast!

Good luck on your weightloss journey!

---Tradersgirl

Mini Goal July 2nd 185

highest weight 247 cw 191 gw 175

weight.png

Hi Rhonda & welcome to BCB!!

I don't think your food challenges are insurmountable (easy for me to say, right?) There are lots of recipes posted on these boards, so you might want to start by looking through there.

I love cooking, so I would just try mixing some things up on your own depending on what you have on hand: for example, I might take leftover chicken, beans (I use white beans, but no reason you can't use red or black ones), onion, zucchini, tomatoes, spinach (or whatever veggies you have & enjoy), add seasonings, and mix them all together in a skillet & warm it through. The recipe I use is 3 points per serving (makes 4 servings), but you might want to recalculate depending on quantities & ingredients used.

Good luck to you! I know you can do it!

Vanne

SW 181 :sobbing:

CW 164 :work_out:

WWG 160

PGW 145 :goal:

Welcome to BCB, Rhonda. Check out the recipe forum for ideas. In the Useful Websites and Links sticky here in the Newbie section there are other links to recipe websites. It really sounds like you'll do great with the food choices that you have. Find a home board or two and post often. Best wishes!

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

Hello all. I started WW this morning through my work. Anyhow, I'm a bit excited about starting, so I'll just jump right in.

My total point allowed is 43. I believe the max is 44. Am I still allowed the 35 weekly allowance points? (giving me a hypothetical 49 points in one day)

Or the max number of points is always 44?

Not that I'm wanting more numbers, it's just that my co-worker kept insisting that I still get an addition 35 points (five a day) on top of my 43 points. I didn't agree and said that 44 is as high.

I'm a bit confused and the first meeting was really quick and brief after everyone got weighed in.

Thanks in advance.

MO Platoon Member #37

HW: 346

SW: 333 (11.16.07)

CW: 323.5 (11.27.07)

GW: 200

Everyone gets the 35 extra points. 43 is your Target or Minimum.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

43 is your Target or Minimum.
I'm sorry... are you asking me this as a question?

I just started today. 43 is my daily POINTS target.

My question basically is, can I add 5 (or any number up to 35) extra per day for a total of 48?

If yes, then why does the number top out at 44 on the Quiktrak Express?

Also, the book says if your total is more than 44, your daily POINTS target is 44. Should there be something saying, your daily points target is 44, however, you're also allowed 35 allowance points per week, too. Very confusing.

MO Platoon Member #37

HW: 346

SW: 333 (11.16.07)

CW: 323.5 (11.27.07)

GW: 200