Health Discovery Network
Guest dachshundtales

Spicy apple bundt cake

Guest dachshundtales

WW mag.jan/feb.03 pg.100 (( SO EASY TOO))

makes 18 servings at 3 pts per serving.

1(18.25 oz.) pkg. spice cake mix (e.g. duncan hines)

1(21oz.) apple pie filling ( I used the "lite" version .. I wonder if it altered the pts any?

1 lg. egg

2 egg whites

2t. of confectioners sugar

1. preheat oven to 350

Spray a 10" bundt pan with nonstick spray.

2. with an electric mixer on low spd. beat the cake mix, apple pie filling,egg,egg whites in a lg. bowl until moistened, about 30 seconds. Increase the mixer spd. to med. and beat until well blended, about 2 min. Pour the batter into the pan.

3.Bake until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean, about 40 to 45 min. Cool in the pan on a rack 20 min. Remove from the pan and cool completely on the rack. Sift the pwd. sugar over the cake just before serving.

Per serving: (1/18th of cake)

156 cal.,2g.fat,1g.sat.fat, 12mg.chol.,192 mg. sod., 33g.carb.,1g.fib.,2g.prot.,57mg.calc. Points:3

It says: the cake can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen up to one month. ( just thaw in fridge over night b/f serving.)

Just made it and its wonderful! Donna

Guest mrszotz

Sounds wonderful!! Here's what I get...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Spicy Apple Bundt Cake

Recipe By: WW Magazine

Servings: 18

Points per serving: 2.8

1 package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist spice cake mix

21 ounces Lucky Leaf Lite Apple Pie Filling

1 large egg

2 large egg whites

2 teaspoons powdered sugar

Per Serving: 132 Calories; 2g Fat; 1g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 193mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

I wouldn't use the whole egg, just the egg whites, to help bind the cake together. I would also add a little cinnamon :)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Spicy Apple Bundt Cake

Servings: 18

Points per serving: 2.5

1 package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist spice cake mix

21 ounces Lucky Leaf Lite Apple Pie Filling

2 large egg whites

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 325. Combine first 2 ingredients and mix until well blended. Fold in beaten egg whites. Pour mixture into sprayed bundt pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Combine ground cinnamon and powdered sugar. When cake is cool, remove from pan. Sprinkle sugar mixture over top. Cut and serve.

Per Serving: 129 Calories; 2g Fat; 1g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 190mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Guest dachshundtales

Oh that is a good idea on the egg whites instead of using the whole egg! Its plenty spicy though... thanks a bunch for lowering yet another ww recipe. I wonder why they don`t try to get their recipes as low as they can? Donna

People would probably write and complain, "What do I do with the egg YOLKS?!" tongue.gif

You've got to admit, there's NO PLACE LIKE BCB!! :D

There's a certain thrill to be had in shaving-off-points around here!! ;) :D Carol

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest dachshundtales

Amen Carol I think BCB has it down to a science! I surf no where else - why bother. Donna

Guest mrszotz

I love it Carol... a thrill to be had lowering points!! So True!!

~Mary~

This recipe also caught my eye. I plan to make sometime soon.

Then I got to thinking, could we make this with say cherry pie filling and white or cherry chip cake? Blueberry filling and yellow cake? Rasberry filling and chocolate cake?

HMMM

Sheryl

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives"...Annie Dillard<br /><br />190/141/143.5/135<br />sw/wwg/cw/pg 5'3"<br /><br />SD 9-17-02/LT 7-22-03

Guest mrszotz

Those are great combinations Sheryl!!

Mary

I finally got around to making this cake. I baked mine in a 13 X 9 pan and it was GREAT!!! I totally love this cake. It was moist and just sweet enough to fill my sweet tooth. I took it to work and everyone had a fit over it.

I'm thinking about trying it with the cherry pie filling and maybe chocolate cake mix. I have a red velvet cake mix here, might throw the cherry pie filling in it.

Anyway, thank you for posting it! A real winner!

Take care all<br />Sarah <br />CLWaterV2@aol.com

I knew I could count on this site to help me with a recipe! I was told about this recipe last week at my meeting by a lifetime member but she told me it was 8 servings for 3 pts! :eek:

Needless to say, when I made this tonight and calculated the pts, I couldn't figure out where she got her calculations. ugh.gif So I turned to BCB for help!

I looked under cakes and there it was correctly!! smile.gif Thank you BCBs for making it easier to stay on program.

I'm taking it tomorrow to work to share with my WW co-workers and it smells terrific. I can't wait to try it with a little fat free cool whip.

Lori smile.gif

100lbs gone on 6-16-06

SW 284.6/CW 174.4/WWGW 150/PGW 135

110.2 lbs Gone Forever!!!!

Intentions make all the difference. Being mindful and attentive to your inner state is key to making outward changes that matter and last.

I baked this and took it to my WW meeting. Everyone loved it. Also anxious to try different mixes with different pie fillings. The 18 servings were large enough to enjoy.

I bought the ingredients last night. I also bought a strawberry cake mix and a can of strawberry pie filling. My pie filling were not light so I'll have to check my point when I bake them.

Debra

Highest weight 286

If I can dream it, I can be it...

:bike:

Bumping for Easter Desert

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives"...Annie Dillard<br /><br />190/141/143.5/135<br />sw/wwg/cw/pg 5'3"<br /><br />SD 9-17-02/LT 7-22-03

What would the points be if you use the regular Strawberry Pie filling. That sounds great to me.

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

I made the apple spice receipe with regular apple pie mix not the lite version and it came out to 3 points per serving. It was wonderful and I had to give 1/2 away or I would have eaten the whole thing myself

Shayla Girvan<br />HW/SW/CW/GW<br />327/286/280/165<br /><br /><a

Looking for a treat to make for Mother's Day weekend & this sounds fabulous :D I think I'll plan on freezing half since it sounds too tempting to have around the house clown.gif Thanks a bunch!!!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

made this over the weekend & it's great! I'll be making it again for sure. Thanks for posting smile.gif

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

DH's birthday is next week and he loves apple spice cake - this will be perfect!! Thanks!

Gina

5/7

SW 175 07/02

Goal 150 09/2003

Now 155

http://www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

For those who have made this, when it sayes fold in beaten egg whites, how beaten are they, like merique (spelling??) or just beaten enough to mix them up a little? Thanks Liz

Liz D. <br />ww sw: 313.8 <br />4/1/03: 313.8 pounds <br />8/25/03 282.2<br /><br />100lb. challenge April 10.2 lbs.<br />May 12 pounds (total 22.2) June 2 lbs (total 24.2)July 7.6 lbs. (total 31.8) Aug. plus .2 lbs.

Guest mrszotz

I beat them so they're pretty stiff smile.gif

Hope that helps!!

Mary Z

Originally posted by Liz D.:

For those who have made this, when it sayes fold in beaten egg whites, how beaten are they, like merique (spelling??) or just beaten enough to mix them up a little? Thanks Liz

Liz,

The original posted recipe doesn't require the eggwhites to be beaten.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I made this again over the past weekend but used peach pie filling - HELLO! It was wonderful :D

Gina

5/7

SW 175 07/02

Goal 150 09/2003

Now 155

http://www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter