Health Discovery Network
yodajen

Help!! trying to get back on track.

hi, my name is Jen. And I am trying to get back on track and on the program . I am using my old stuff from before. I have been using a lot of weight watcher recipes. but I find my motivation is not there. Just wondering if you could help with words of wisdom or encouragement. I just feel like I am in a slum right now. I just don't feel pretty or anything. Help!!!

Jen; I'm trying to get back on track again, too. I made Lifetime several years ago, but have gained most of the weight back; so I know exactly what you are saying. It happens. I, too, am going to use my old materials because if it worked once, it will work again. I was on the WW board reading earlier this evening, but it went down at 1:00 a.m. CDT for maintenance. I was on a thread where everybody was cleaning out their refrigerators from the Christmas leftovers. Today is trash day, so reading this thread motivated me to get up and toss leftovers from my fridge, also, and I wheeled everything out to the curb. All I kept was the turkey which I plan to make into turkey/vegetable soup. Hopefully, that will get me started back. I was going to wait until January 2nd to start, but I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, so I've decided to start right now. It truly is one moment at a time. I've been wanting to get back to goal for a long time, so if not now, when? Good luck and thanks for your post!

Deprivation is NOT my mode!

Cally, you said it so well. That is exactly how I felt 13 weeks ago. I too was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. The past 13 weeks have been a journey and a great one at that. I do attend WW meetings every week but the real motivation and encouragement I have received has come from the BCB board.

Jen, I would recommend that as soon as you have enough posts in to unlock all the BCB groups that you shop around and find a home for yourself. For example, I post virtually every day on the Delta Force board. This is my home. By doing this every day I have built up a relationship with the people there who are all working the plan too and who can give me advice and understand what I am feeling with the program and the day to day struggles and successes. This daily contact with people who understand helps me more than the once a week meeting would all by itself. There are many different boards to choose from so you can shop around until you find the one or more than one that just best meet your needs.

As for how you are feeling right in this moment, give yourself a pat on the back because you are not down and out for the count. You are still in this to win and you have not given up. Go organize your closet and spend a little time picking out clothes that make you look good and feel good. Pamper yourself with some body lotion you probably already have in the house and take the time to put on makeup or whatever you normally wear when you want to feel pretty. You can look your best for today and this will give you a boost. Repeat taking care of yourself every day.

Oh yes, do exercise. Even if you just start out by going for a walk, do this most days of the week. The fresh air and exercise will also boost your morale.

Come back here often and get involved. Lurking is easy but doesn't work nearly as well as posting.

Good luck. You can do this.

Marianne

I am where you are. I am training for a half marathon that is at the end of February and I am trying to get my WW mindset back. I previously lost 40 pounds with WW. So I know I can do it I just am not feeling it. In the last year I have tried several things and haven't stuck to them so I am trying to jump back on the bandwagon.

Jennifer

I am also where you are. I made lifetime several years ago but put back on the weight plus a little more. I have lost 15 pounds this past year working with a nutritionist but now that I am on my own again, I am finding it very difficult. I know this board helped before and I am sure it will help me again.

Me too! I lost 75lb with weight watchers back in 2001, and now I need to do it again. My health demands it. I'm 44, remarried to a wonderful man, and I want to feel better. My name is Tina, and I know that weight watchers works for me. You can't just eat anything you want and be happy. Life doesn't work that way. I plan to use my old program, it actually works the best for me. Motivation is something I have to really concentrate on. I work on positive thinking, and that used to work really well. Like I said, I'm getting back in the saddle.

Back on track time for sure! lost 70 pounds in 2002-2003. Did well for about 8 or 9 years, then let the old habits creep back in. Ugh, never thought that would happen. Oh well, today is a new day. I just turned 50 and am ready to do what it takes to get back to a healthy weight and a comfortable body. The recent physical was a wake-up call for sure, blood levels up quite a bit since last checked when I was 40