Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
LegalEagle

Banana Cream Angel Bites

Char! OMG...this one looks perfect for me to make for this evening!!! It's just what I have been looking for, and the best part is that I already have everything already here to make it.

You're an "Angel" for posting this.. bcbsalute.gif

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Hmmm...and if Dawna makes 'em, I can be at her house within an hour.

Oh, this could work :D

Kimba

CORE and lovin' it

Dawna, please post if you make these - they sound SO GOOD!

And please note - it makes 36 and says that is 6 servings - so that means that 6 bites is only 3 points! MMMMMMMMM!

I may just make them tomorrow myself.....

Char

From the Splenda website:

SPLENDA® Banana Cream Angel Bites

Preparation Time: 20 minutes

Makes 6 servings (approx. 36 "bites")

Baking Time: 10-15 minutes

Angel Bites

5 Egg Whites

1/3 cup SPLENDA® Granular

1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract

pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet. Set aside.

Separate egg whites from yolk. Place egg whites in a medium bowl. Whip on high speed using an electric beater or wire whisk until frothy. Add SPLENDA® Granular, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until stiff peaks form.

Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of egg whites onto baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool.

Banana Cream Filling

1/2 cup Egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters®*)

1 cup Skim milk

2 tsp. Vanilla Extract

2 Tbsp. Light Butter

1 Tbsp. Corn Starch

1/4 cup SPLENDA® Granular

1 tsp. Banana Flavor

2 Bananas, sliced

Place egg substitute, milk, vanilla and butter in a small saucepan and stir well.

Blend SPLENDA® Granular and cornstarch together. Add to ingredients in the saucepan and stir well. Cook over medium heat (3 minutes). Stir constantly.

Remove filling from heat and add banana flavor. Stir until well mixed. Chill filling for 1 hour before serving.

Sandwich Angel Bites with filling. Place three Angel bites on a plate with the bottoms facing up. Top with sliced bananas and a spoonful of banana cream filling. Stack another Angel Bite on top. Garnish with light whipped topping and chocolate shavings or drizzle of fat free hot fudge.

*Egg Beaters is a trademark of ConAgra Brands, Inc.

Nutrients Per Serving

Calories 130

Carbohydrates 18 g

Protein 5 g

Total Fat 3.5 g

Saturated Fat 2.5 g

Cholesterol 10 mg

Sodium 160 mg

Dietary Fiber 1 g

Sugars 12 g

Diabetes Exchanges 1 starch, 1/2 medium fat meat

Hi there, Yes, I did notice how many you can have. That's one of the many things that look good to me.

I'm about ready to start these. I will be having this for dessert tonight, while everyone else is chowing down on high-pointed sweets.

I have a feeling I will be quite happy with this!

I will let you know how they come out.

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Darn, I can't get Eggbeaters or Lite Butter. I wonder how many pts it will be with real eggs and regular butter.

HELP!

I think I should set up an American supermarket here in the UK for American Weight Watchers, whatcha think?

Sandy, the eggbeaters called for in this recipe would be equivalent to 2 eggs. The EB is 1 point per 1/2 cup whereas the eggs would be 4. You could probably do it with one whole egg and 2 eggwhites. That would be 3 points (technically you could add 3 eggwhites for 1 point.) I'm not sure if you could just use 4 eggwhites in place of the EB - it might just work - and THAT would be 1 point also.

As for the butter, you could probably do quite well with 1 tablespoon, which would be 3 points. I've even eliminated butter entirely from some recipes without undo difference in the taste - but it DOES affect the texture somewhat.

As an alternative for the whole dang filling part, can you get SF/FF instant pudding mix? If so you could just use that in either vanilla or banana flavor and have it over with in a hurry! :D

Char

Well I am sorry but I tried these and I didn't like them at all and actually threw the angel bite part out. I kept the filling and the kids had it with some bananas on top and they liked it lots. I thought the first part tasted too eggy and this is why I didn't like it, sorry

Shayla Girvan<br />HW/SW/CW/GW<br />327/286/280/165<br /><br /><a

Guest shannon35

I was just wondering if anyone else had tried these? They sound good, but I am afraid to make them since DF is allergic and I am the only one who could eat them--although I guess I could always take some to DF's mom who is also on WW. So let me know if you have tried these and what you thought of them. I may just break down and make them anyway!

Shannon