Health Discovery Network
JRyckman

5 Top Weight Loss tips

1. Automate your eating by planning your meals ahead of time. That way you're less likely to make an unhealthy last-minute food choice.
  2. Oats are your friends! Eating a cup of oatmeal in the morning will prevent you from gorging in the afternoon.
  3. Foods with healthy fats such as olives, salmon and walnuts help you feel satisfied.
  4. Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a fat-storing starvation mode, making it harder to burn calories.
  5. Got nuts with nuts. Eating a handful of nuts will help you stay full. Try soaking them in water for a different texture.

tired-runner-cartoon1_zps21ec73b9.png

I'll add eat a good quality protein, healthy fat, and low glycemic load carb with every meal.

Fruit smoothies in the morning tend to fill me up and give me something sweet so I'm not as likely to snack.

Protein keeps you full. Eat protein at EVERY MEAL.

Limit the carbs and sweets.

I like to "eat" rather than "drink". Example: Eat an orange rather than drink orange juice.

Be careful with processed "snack" foods - high fat and doesn't fill you up anyway.

Drink plenty of water, not sugar type drinks .

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

Lots of good advise in this post. Many thanks and I need to get the habit back of eating the oatmeal of the mornings.

Lots of good advise in this post. Many thanks and I need to get the habit back of eating the oatmeal of the mornings.

ME TOO!!!! GOOD TAKE AWAY LENA!!!! -shelly

work out first thing in the morning if you can

pack your lunch

pre-plan your suppers for the week

saying no once in the store is easier than saying no many times once its in the house

put the pointier things in the back of the fridge or on a high shelf

lost 18.0 since December, its my journey

Eating a good breakfast,with protein is a start to a good day. Drinking lots of water and having good healthy snacks that don't have empty calories helps.

Protein keeps you full. Eat protein at EVERY MEAL.

Limit the carbs and sweets.

I like to "eat" rather than "drink". Example: Eat an orange rather than drink orange juice.

Be careful with processed "snack" foods - high fat and doesn't fill you up anyway.

Drink plenty of water, not sugar type drinks .

Ashlee

These are great suggestions. For me, I would want to add to eat more fruits and vegetables. I agree though about eating these rather than drinking them.

1. Automate your eating by planning your meals ahead of time. That way you're less likely to make an unhealthy last-minute food choice.
  2. Oats are your friends! Eating a cup of oatmeal in the morning will prevent you from gorging in the afternoon.
  3. Foods with healthy fats such as olives, salmon and walnuts help you feel satisfied.
  4. Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a fat-storing starvation mode, making it harder to burn calories.
  5. Got nuts with nuts. Eating a handful of nuts will help you stay full. Try soaking them in water for a different texture.

tired-runner-cartoon1_zps21ec73b9.png

I would like to add one more thing - Water. Drinking enough water keeps you hydrated so that the body can function properly.

I guess the best way to lose weight is by having a healthy diet. I used to work out it does help in maintaining my current weight but it won't work if I will eat whatever I want even if it is unhealthy.