Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Meisha

Extremely Low point Chocolate Cookies.....

I did some modifying for this recipe and it turned out sooo great! I took this straight from the recipe section, for Snowflake Maccaroons, but subbed carrot and splenda, for the coconut and sugar, and added cocoa powder for the squares.

I loved these as a low point cookie. They flatten a bit, but are still soft and chewy and sweet and chocolatey!!! I may be a nut, but I was overjoyed to find a chocolate snack cookie for so few points! (I'm like Frankenstein in the kitchen!) crazy.gif

I'm doing a rough version of point figuring, but I came up with 5.5 points for the whole batch of cookies.. If anyone found different, please let me know.

Chocolate Carrot Cookies

Ingredients:

2 2/3 cups shredded carrot (1.5 points)

2/3 cup splenda

3 Tbsp. Cocoa powder (1 point)

6 tablespoons flour (2 points)

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 egg whites (1 point)

1 teaspoon almond extract

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour cookie sheets. Mix carrots, splenda, cocoa, flour and salt in bowl. Stir in egg whites and almond extract until well blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake 20 minutes or until done. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire racks.

HT- 5'6<br />HW- 154.4<br />CW 150<br />GW 125

Hi Meisha, wave.gif I'm going to give this a try, and when I do, I will run it through my M/C.

I have been enjoying your Apple Pancake so much, bcbsalute.gif I feel I can't go wrong with another one of your recipes!

DH LOVES cookies. Fortunately, I don't love cookies quite as much as he does, so I will be making this one for him, mostly.

I will let you know how we like it.

Thank you!

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Dying to know how this turns out. If anyone tries it, post immediately!!!

chocolate, low points? My three favorite words!!! :D :D :D

Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu