Health Discovery Network
cbaumann

Lemon-Poppy Seed Pound Cake

I made this cake a few weeks ago and we all thought it was amazing! Thought I'd pass the recipe along (it's from the Jan/Feb WW magazine)

Cake:

1 (18.25-oz) pkg yellow cake mix

1 (8 oz.) package brick style ff cream cheese, softened

3/4 C. water

2 large eggs

2 egg whites

2 tbsp grated lemon zest

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

1 tbsp poppy seeds

Glaze:

1 C. sifted confectioners' sugar

3-4 tsp fresh lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 10-inch tube cake pan with nonstick spray.

With an electric mixer on low spped, beat the cake mix, cream cheese, water, eggs, egg whites, lemon zest, lemon juice and poppy seeds in a large bowl until moistened, about 30 seconds. Inrecase the mixer speed to medium and beat until well blended, about 2 minutes. Pour into pan and bake about 40 minutes until toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.

To prepare the glze, stir together the confectioners sugar and lemon joice in a medium bowl until the mixture forms a smooth thick glaze. Sppon over top of cooled cake letting it drip down the sides.

18 servings, 3 pts each

Thanks cbaumann, I think I'll try this for my DD's 17th BD coming up in 2 weeks. She really loves lemon cake and she's not particular how it's made. Rhonda wave.gif

Hugs, Rhonda<br /><br />"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisors they succeed" Proverbs l5:22<br /><br /> 5'5"<br /> WWSW-190<br /> CW-174<br /> WWGW-150<br /> PGW-145<br /><br />NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!<br />GALAXY QUEST

Muffins - what a great idea!

If the whole recipe is 54 pts, 24 muffins would come to 2.25 pts each if I'm figuring that correctly.

Cheryl