Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
plcm111195

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

1 can pure pumpkin (15oz)

4 servings egg beaters (edited - I think this should be 1/2 cup instead of 4 servings)

1 cup 2% milk (I used 1%)

3/4 cup Splenda (more or less to taste)

2-3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

( may want to add 1 tsp vanilla)

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Spray 8" glass pan with cooking spray. Fill with mix. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes then at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.

Whole pie is 4 points!!!

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

How much is a serving of Egg Beaters?

Started 08/21/02<br /><br />194.6\145\133.2\130(ish)<br />SW\WW Goal\CW\Personal Goal<br /><br />Got 10% keychain - 10/30/02<br />2nd 10% keychain - 01/22/03<br /><br />GOAL! - 04/02/03<br />Lifetime - 05/07/03

Mine says 1/4 cup is a serving. So I guess it's a cup of egg beaters. I use the morningstar farms scramblers now, because the regular eggbeaters have garlic and spices in them that I don't think go so well with pumpkin pie. tongue.gif

Joanne

Joanne, could you make this in something besides a glass dish? I lost mine in the fire and have never replaced it. Thanks :confused:

Hugs, Rhonda<br /><br />"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisors they succeed" Proverbs l5:22<br /><br /> 5'5"<br /> WWSW-190<br /> CW-174<br /> WWGW-150<br /> PGW-145<br /><br />NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!<br />GALAXY QUEST

I've never tried it in anything but a glass pie pan cause that's all I have. Sorry I can't help. Maybe someone in the Mess Hall could answer it.

I don't know that much about baking.

Joanne

LOL, me either (aren't we a pair) :confused:

Hugs, Rhonda<br /><br />"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisors they succeed" Proverbs l5:22<br /><br /> 5'5"<br /> WWSW-190<br /> CW-174<br /> WWGW-150<br /> PGW-145<br /><br />NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!<br />GALAXY QUEST

Hi !

Thanks for posting the recipe. What size of canned pumpkin did you use. I come from Canada, and we have 2 sizes in the store. Approx. 14.5 oz and 28 oz. A clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks so much

Karen

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Guest abigailjessica

Joanne - Could I use skim milk or would that not work?

I'm sure you could use skim milk. I just always use 1% cause I tend to go too low fat, but it's still 2 points.

Joanne

Guest abigailjessica

Well I made this last night using skim milk and it came out well. It was a little too bland for me. I think if I made it again I would add something to spice it up a bit.

Yeah, I don't ever feel the spices are just right for me, but with some FF Cool Whip it's not so bad. It works for my volume eating needs. And much better for you than the 6 point for a sliver kind. :D

Joanne

I tried it yesterday and I agree that it was missing something. Maybe it was because I only had egg whites instead of egg beaters. :D

I also used the big can of pumpkin. What kind of consistency is it supposed to be before baking? With the big can, it seemed reasonably thick. It would be a liquid with the small can.

Started 08/21/02<br /><br />194.6\145\133.2\130(ish)<br />SW\WW Goal\CW\Personal Goal<br /><br />Got 10% keychain - 10/30/02<br />2nd 10% keychain - 01/22/03<br /><br />GOAL! - 04/02/03<br />Lifetime - 05/07/03

After reading all of your posts, I'm going to look at the spices I use for my pumpkin pie during the holidays and see what might be missing from this to cause it to be bland. (Maybe cinnamon). Also could you use low fat evaporated milk? I'll check the points.

Guest KrisD

Hey Everybuddy,

I have an older recipe from this board for a similar pie...but the whole pie is 8 pts: 1 pt per serving.

1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz/425 g)

1 can evap skim milk

3/4 c egg sub

1/2 t salt

1 T pumpkin pie spice

1 t vanilla

2/3 c sugar or splenda

Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour into a 9 in sprayed pan (FYI: I use earthenware, and nevere used glass, seems to come out ok).

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, and at 325 for 45 min or until a toothpick tests clean.

I will bet that adding salt and vanilla to the other recipe might add that "little something" you all are missing, since this is a pretty good recipe, and uses only 1 tablespoon of spice.

-Kris