Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Norma

WW COBBLER

Weight Watcher Cobbler

2 1lb. bags of any frozen fruit (my bunch loves peaches!)

1 box of any brand yellow cake mix

12 oz. can of Diet Sprite (or Diet 7 UP)

In 9X13" pan, place both bags of frozen fruit (do not thaw). Sprinkle DRY cake mix over the top of the frozen fruit. Pour entire can of Diet Sprite over mixture. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes in 350* oven---uncover---bake additional 40 minutes. Enjoy!

My family raves about this cobbler and they request it at all our family get-togethers!

For the Weight Watchers 1/12 of the cobbler= 3 WW points.

Vicki in Houston

Norma:buddysmoo

Guest B.G. Falcon

This sounds delicious and EASY! I'm not the most daring cook, so this type of recipe seems to fit my "cooking style". LOL! I love apple cobbler, do you think just regular apples would work? I don't think they have frozen bags of apples. What do ya think? :D

I usually pour a couple of cans of sliced peaches into a pan along with most of the juice. I cut up the peaches into smaller pieces and then cover the top with a yellow cake mix (you can even use the sugar free one). Spray the top lightly with a no fat butter flavor spray. Pop it in the oven at 350 until the top is brown. Then top it with a scoop of Dreyers FF sugar free vanilla ice cream. Tastes delicious.

- Betina

I made the cobbler the other night and my NON-dessertloving DH loved it. Had 3 servings =)

I made half the pan peach and half the pan berry.

Guest shannon35

I am wondering about the apples as well. Would they work if you sliced them fresh? Does the fruit have to be frozen? Thanks in advance!

Shannon :D

Guest Debnicu

I have made this twice in the last week.The first time I made it with peaches and we loved it.I especially thought it was better the next day.

Tonight I made it with frozen raspberries and lemon cake(the only kind I had) and it was great.I think I like the raspberries better(my favorite fruit)and it was much jucier.

Next I am trying it with blackberries.Another of my favorite fruits.Thanks for the recipe. :D

I made this today. It is simply delicious! I used sweet cherries. My next one is going to be peach.

Starting over: 06/12/07

Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

weight.png

[/url]

I've made this twice- each time w/ 2 different fruits (half peach, half mixed berry & half blueberry, half strawberry). I'd have a hard time picking a favorite flavor. This is a definite keeper in my kitchen :D

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Ok i got daring and tried this with apples.

I sliced up 16oz of fresh apples (i mixed em up, red delicious, granny apples, yellow)

I spread 6oz dry yellow cake mix over the top and added 6 oz of the diet sprite.

Cooked uncovered about 30m until the crust was crunchy like.

I used the same count 3.5points but it made half the batch (serves 6)

Dh LOVED this. He asks for it often although its a pain to core, peel and slic the apples (takes about 6 depending on size.

also now i see where cooked apples are higher in points due to the sugar it contains when its cooked? anyone know?

Also, whenmaking a full batch, Using a whole 15oz box of cake mix raises the point count from what I gather. I use 12oz to make it 3.5pnts

TIff