Health Discovery Network
torimartin

Has anyone tried Vida or MyfitnessPal?

I just started, but i'm using My Fitness Pal.

It has a really good list of foods, as well as a place to input your own.

You can add recipes.

I have inputted my "exercise of choice"

It tracks weight, calories, carbs, Fiber, protein, fat, amount of calories burned per your weight, you name it!

i think, that like anything, it's a tool. The motivation has to come from within!

Thus far, i'm happy with it!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

I use my fitness pal and love it. It has a huge database, a bar code scanner and a terrific recipe builder. it also links to my fitbit flex. When I work out the flex feeds the calories burned to my iphone and it's very easy to monitor your progress.

Unfortunately.... I've not been successful with staying OP in 2014. It's been an unsettling year. It's important for me to get back on track. If anyone has ideas on exercises for very out of shape people please pass them my way!

:bcb_confudeb

Deb :bcb_kick: CW: 264.7

HW: 289 GW: 175

If anyone has ideas on exercises for very out of shape people please pass them my way!

Right now, i am "gazelling"

http://www.amazon.com/Gazelle-1285-Edge/dp/B0000AS7W2

It's no impact. I can do it any time - when it's raining or snowing, i gazelle away. When its ungodly hot, i can do this in our AC home. It's no impact, which i need right now. You can go faster and run, or do it slower and walk. I watch tv as i'm gazelling to help pass the time. I add some arm exercises in while i'm gazelling.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

I love it. I noticed above that some folks pay the monthly fee. I do not us that option. Can someone please let me know the additional options you get when using the paid version.

Yes, I’ve been using Vida, there just launched recently but offer excellent health coaching services that have amazingly made me to lose a bunch of weight (about 15 pounds in 6 weeks). They set me up with a health coach to figure out my health goals, diet plans, and easy exercise routines. I tried it because the first week was free but I pay $15/wk now and it’s worth it!

i tried myfitnesd pal but like the ww app. so far its worth the monthly fee. never heard of vida

Vida health coaching app is a different approach really but I kinda like it. They say that the coaches are really consistent on communicating with users and for me this is a good way to make sure that there's really a progress on what you are doing regarding fitness. I must try this as well.

How does Vida work? I've never heard of it. The idea of a coach sounds like a great approach but how does it work?