Health Discovery Network
dgjp8991

Ideas to get this fourm flowing again

When I first joined weight watchers in 2003 I found this site by accident!!!! I found a LOT of support here!!!!!!!!!! What could we do to get this site booming again?? I loved this site at one time them little by little everyone stopped coming!!!!!!!!!! Hopeful!:bcb_drill

Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

That's a great question! I miss the old booming BCB. I think there are other online options out there that people have taken. I know through some reorganization some people hair flipped and left.bcb_sad

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I think a lot of it has to do with page rankings in search engines. Other bigger/better sites have come along and taken our spot for top keywords that used to bring new people here. Also now, our content is old and stale. Search engines are getting better at determining that sort of thing, and people starting Weight Watchers today, will find a lot of it irrelevant. Plus I know I messed some technical stuff up royally and depleted even more of our traffic since trying to make 'improvements'.

I am always hopeful that things will thrive here again, but I am not sure of a way to make that happen. I guess if I had more time and/or money, things might be different. The site needs an overhaul, SEO professionals, social marketing professionals, and writers for new content. I thought I could tackle it all myself, but I'm in over my head. It's hard to compete with other sites that have a full team of employees.

Jason

I took found this site in in the early 2000's. I'm back and in the mood to get my self back on track and I myself am responsible. I came back today? Because I got a Birthday email yesterday. I say that works.

If there was a "this and that"? board, it would be for talking about current movies, or other events going on? or even just having some location posts with current activities for those locations. I'm in Canada. It's fun to see what the rest of the world is doing.

I'm doing meetings.I need it and I have always had losses when going. I even changed which meeting night I go to to change it up. I end my week the night before my meetings too because I wanted to stop the "last supper" routine. SO the day of my meetings are Day1 vs day 7.

I just had another idea. How about kitten videos? LOL

Lol - We should definitely implement those somewhere. How could anyone resist coming to see the kittens? :bcb_bigsm

I will definitely be looking for a little help from anyone willing in the near future, so thank you for the offer! I just have to get back in the groove with web design stuff, and we can go to town.

I'm thinking this go around I will do things a bit different. I'll keep the search engines in mind but I'm going to avoid trying to tailor content for them, and focus more on our readers. Getting new members on the forum is great too, but I think I'll cater more to our existing members and organizing things the way everyone using the forums would like to have them.

We'll see what happens from there!

Jason

I like this thread! It is encouraging in itself. Was really struggling for some reason and then a month ago hubby was diagnosed with cancer. (But prognosis is very good.) My emotions are off the chart and I can't even find them, but one thing at a time. I like the thought of changing the end of week to the day before wi, but don't know if I will have the courage to do that when I start my meetings again.

Esther

Just do what you know to do!

Hey Mary (Kyoot), good to see your posts. I use to be on the gbtg site with you. Hang is there buddies you will "getter" done. I am plugging along and taking things day by day. Not where I want to be but not where I use to be. Take care.

~~Happy belated Birthday, Kyoot!!~~

Judy

SW187.5 CW136 GW 128

LT circa 1970 Rejoined MAY 2000 1st 10% Nov 2000

A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step. Confucius

thanks Judy!!! so great to see you hanging in there too. :) I've moved over to DeltaForce Thread. I followed Cheryl in :)

sorry I didn't get back here but GO for it Esther! I hope all is going well with your Hubbie.

Thanks Kyoot! Maybe I'll post in Delta Force sometime. Life has been a little challenging since my last post here but starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. Judy

SW187.5 CW136 GW 128

LT circa 1970 Rejoined MAY 2000 1st 10% Nov 2000

A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step. Confucius