Health Discovery Network
orphanannie

"Turtles"

I got this recipe from WW's website - each candy is 1 point. These are really good!!!

30 tiny twist pretzels

30 Rolo candies

30 pecan halves

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Place 30 pretzels on cookie sheet and place a Rolo on top of each pretzel. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and press a pecan piece into the soft Rolo. Let set until the chocolate has hardened. You can refrigerate these but bring them to room temperature before eating. Enjoy!

Anne

Hi, Thank you for posting this. It looks great! I'm going to make it this weekend for my two guys.

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Guest Band Mom

Thanks for posting. They would make a great holiday gift for a ww friend. They sound easy to make.

Guest Alice Claxton

Tried them.... I have one problem -- they are too-o-o good!!

Thanks for sharing with us!! wave.gif

I'm thinking these would be great for a cookie/candy platter around the holidays! :D

I've always love Turtles, and these sound great at one point~

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

These sound SO good! I'll have to try them over the holidays. Thanks!

Pat<br /><br />A jouney of 1000 miles begins with the first step.<br /><br /><br />SW: 335.8 (original)<br />SW: 315 (second time around)<br />CW: 288<br />WG: 135

These sound neat for the holidays. Not something I would keep around the house though!

Tam

TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

Guest Catrina

These sound good. I'll have to try them.

Thanks

Guest peachplus

I made these and they are great. Just the right amount of sweet and salt. A keeper and may give as gifts for the holiday season.

They sound perfectly wonderful! smile.gif

Now I'm looking for Rolos in a "bag", rather than the small roll.

Is that how they come?...Just wondering. wave.gif

These are soooo yummy! :D

I got the Rolos in a bag at Walmart with the other chocolate candies.

My kids loved these also! :cool:

Buffie<br /><br />SW:190<br />CW: 186<br />GW: 150

These were GREAT! Looked just like a "real" turtle when baked and squished with a pecan. :D

I didn't like the salt, though, and would look for unsalted next time (IF they make them tongue.gif )~

Okay, I had two problems with this recipe.

1. The toffee part of the rolo just melted out the bottom and it didn't really look like a turtle when they were done. :confused:

2. They kept ending up in my mouth instead of the gift box I was making. smile.gif

Started 08/21/02<br /><br />194.6\145\133.2\130(ish)<br />SW\WW Goal\CW\Personal Goal<br /><br />Got 10% keychain - 10/30/02<br />2nd 10% keychain - 01/22/03<br /><br />GOAL! - 04/02/03<br />Lifetime - 05/07/03

I couldn't really handle 30 of these at the same time, so, I zapped 6 of them in the microwave for 30 seconds, whipped a pecan on top and put them in the refrigerator for a few min. They were wonderful. Thanks for the post.

IF it is to be, it is up to me.

I bought the ingredients and my kids will help make these for teacher gifts. Sounds yummy!

Debra

Highest weight 286

If I can dream it, I can be it...

:bike:

I made these to give as gifts to some of the people in my WW class. They look very attractive and are so delicious.....I packaged them up right away as otherwise I think I could have eaten them all....definitely a quick, easy and tasty treat.

Guest Gkfurrow

I am looking for some point-friendly goodies to make for Christmas. This one sounds wonderful.

THANKS!!

Glenda

These are OH MY GOSH absolutely wonderful. Beware though to remember each one is one point.

Be careful because you could end up eating all 30.

Thanks so much for a great recipe. I have a good

friend doing WW and I made a batch for her for the

holidays yesterday and tasted one then.

Thanks again,

Phyllis

Rover<br /><br />SW 349<br />CW 294<br />GW 170

Guest lafnsing

I made these for my department's holiday party and they were the absolute hit of the party! Everyone was shocked when they found out I heard about the recipe through Weight Watchers.

Made these and they were WONDERFUL!!! Not the most attractive things, but definately taste amazing!!! In the future, I'll only make about 2 or 3 at a time though!!!:embarrass

:p Dani :p

SW: 228.5 lbs :mad: (09/01/07)

WW SW: 220.5 (10/12/07)

CW: 213.0 (11/09/07)

1st 10%: 198.5

GW: 140 lbs:D

Lost so far: 15.5 lbs!!

Here's kind of an adaptation, from Family Fun this month:

1 small waffle style pretzel

1 hershey's hug or kiss

1 m & m

put a hig or kiss on a pretzel. Heat in oven about 4 minutes at low temp (170 degrees) take out of oven and press a m & m on top. Put in fridge to help harden

I know 3 hugs or kisses are 2 points. The points in one M & M are negligible, I'm sure. I don't have any waffle pretzels here, so don't know their points. I'm guessing this would be 3 for 2 points, the same as for a hug or kiss candy, because the m & m and pretzel wouldn't add that many calories.

Panda

Panda Bear

"Supposing you have tried and failed again and again. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down."

Mary Pickford

I made the turtles for Thanksgiving and my grandchildren loved them. Will make them again for Christmas.

Bev

Only spiritual food can satisfy my deepest needs!

HW225/CW168.4/GW125

Pictures