Health Discovery Network
orphanannie

"Turtles"

Bumping for Christmas!!! YUMMIE!!!

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Guest IceskatefanRN

I have been making these every year with my kids for quite some time. They are both in middle school (2 DS's, ages 11 and 13), with 7 teachers each, plus add the principal, secretaries, teacher's aides, etc... and they each insist on giving ALL THEIR TEACHERS gifts at Christmas AND at the end of the year!

We buy decorative cellphane gift bags with matching twist ties and gift cards (I usually find these in their fundraiser catalogs at the beginning of the school year, but you can find them at any party store as well). The boys basically make the Turtles themselves - I buy all the ingredients at Sams Club. Then we put 12 turtles in each little bag - plenty for one person! Even the bus driver gets one twice a year, and she even asks the boys if they are coming because she LOVES THEM!

I have made them to take to work and other events, very popular!

:exercise2

Ice

Wow - I'm glad to see this recipe is still active! I made these again last year as gifts but this time used the round, butter flavored "Checkers" pretzels by Rold Gold. I liked the way they turned out because there is less open space for the Rolo to melt in so when you push the pecan onto it, the Rolo covers more pretzel area. Everyone I gave these to raved about them. Such an easy (and inexpensive) gift!

Anne

bumping for Christmas! Bpught my Rolos, ready to go, lol!

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Doing my yearly *bump* of this thread! I just made a batch of 40 and it's still never enough. I would really love to know who "invented" this recipe...

Jeannette

I am going to make these tonight to take to work. But they did not have rollos at aldis so I bought milky ways I hope they still turn out ok. We'll see.

I know it will probably up the points a bit but that is ok becouse I am hoping to only eat one. :)

SW: 171 CW:155 GW: 130

These look great!

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

These look delish. I'll have to try some, too.

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

I'm making these for my coworkers right now! :bcb_bigsm

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe