Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Time 2 Shine

Tiramisu Pudding

Tiramisu Pudding

This is not a rich and heavy as real tiramisu, but the taste is just as yummy!

Servings: 12

1/3 cup free fat free Suisse mocha flavor coffee mix (like General Foods International Coffee), divided

2 tablespoons hot water

1 - 3 ounce package lady fingers, split

2-1/2 cups cold skim milk, divided

1 - 8 ounce tub fat free cream cheese

2 packages (4-serving size each) vanilla flavor fat free, sugar free instant pudding & pie filling

1 cup thawed light whipped topping

Dissolve 1 tablespoon of the flavored instant coffee in hot water in small bowl; sprinkle over ladyfingers.

Line bottom and side of shallow 2-quart dessert dish with ladyfingers.

Place 1/2 cup of the milk, cream cheese and remaining undissolved flavored instant coffee in blender container and cover. Blend on medium speed until smooth. Add pudding mixes and remaining 2 cups milk; cover. Blend on medium speed until smooth. Carefully pour into lined bowl. Top with whipped topping.

Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until set. Just before serving, sprinkle with additional undissolved flavored instant coffee, if desired.

Per Serving: 169 Calories

2g Fat (12.5% calories from fat)

6g Protein

31g Carbohydrate

trace Dietary Fiber

28mg Cholesterol

410mg Sodium

Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates

Love, <br /><br />Cheryl<br />216/170/158<br />LIFETIME 7/03<br />Headed BACK to goal!<br /><br /><i>Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.</i>

Ohhhhh....this sounds fabulous! I'm going to try it when DS comes home from college week after next. I think he & my DH will love this.

Thank you!

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Hi Dawna

I made this today. I think I made one mistake, one that really affected the outcome. The recipe says to use a "blender"...well I used a blender alright, a VitaMix. The pudding never really got thick and the cream cheese was very liquidy. I think it was way too powerful for the job and "broke it down". Even after several hours in the fridge it didn't thicken as much as I'd have liked.

Now it IS tasty, I like it! I'm going to make it again but next time just use my mixer.....and if that doesn't work I will switch to LF cream cheese instead of FF..too much water. Just keep tweaking! ;)

Another tip...I think I will also double the liquid/coffee to sprinkle on the ladyfingers...it doesn't add much in the way of calories and I felt it needed more.

DH just gave me his thumbup.gif and told me to make it again...

Love, <br /><br />Cheryl<br />216/170/158<br />LIFETIME 7/03<br />Headed BACK to goal!<br /><br /><i>Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.</i>

Hi, Guys! I'm trying to think of a special occasion when I could make this!

Where do you get ladyfingers, by the way?

I think you both might be in more "cosmopolitan" areas than I am~ wave.gif

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Well, you could try any Italian Deli...they should have them. These particular ones are the soft ones (they also come toasted), which I found in the bakery section of Farmer Jack, our local supermarket. They are already split.....

If you absolutely can't find them....maybe try some angel food or sponge cake.

Special occasion? Hmmmmm, how about "Carol's Pictorial Debut"? :D

Italian deli...

Nope.

Don't have one of those! Don't even have ANY kind of deli, as far as I know?!

Hmmm? I'll keep my eyes open. (I'll ask my mom. I've heard her talk about them! smile.gif )

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

A & P supermarkets have the lady fingers in the fresh fruit section with those little pound cake cups. I've seen them in the fruit section of other supermarkets as well. Good luck!

Judy

wave.gif

Guest abigailjessica

OK...so here's what I don't understand. Why don't you just use real espresso to soak the ladyfingers in? It's 0 points anyways and then you could actually soak them instead of having to watch how much you use and just sprinkle like the recipe calls for. Just an idea...I'm not much of a cook though so maybe I'm wrong. Any thoughts?

Abby, I had the same thought as you. I would probably use cold coffee, since my espresso maker is in the back of the cupboard, using about a cup to dip the lady fingers and soak them instead of sprinkling them. This would permeate into the filling, so there'd be no need for the coffee mix at all. I don't usually keep it in the house, and I'd prefer not to buy it just for this recipe.

I would also dust the top of the dessert with cocoa powder, because I think practically any dessert is improved by a dusting of cocoa powder!!!

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

I made this today but instead of using the Swiss Mocha I soaked the lady fingers in espresso and then I used low fat ricotta cheese instead of the cream cheese. It turned out wonderful. I'm not sure what the points on it would be, I need to run it through mastercook first, but it is something I would make again.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Guest raidermom

I like the ideas! And while we're at it...why not add just a smidgen of sweet marsala to the cream cheese or ricotta?

The only thing with using the espresso TO ME is, I don't like mushy and I would personally use the toasted ladyfingers and completely soak them in the espresso..and HEY adding an ounce of brandy or rum to the espresso wouldn't jack the points up too bad and it would give it a more authentic flavor.

Cordy.....of COURSE cocoa powder! :D

(of course I'm not mentioning the fact that I even sprinkle some shaved Ghirardelli too... ;) .....semi-sweet )

Oh I wish I would've thought to make this again for the season premier of The Sopranos tonight!!! :mad: But my Italian neighbor cut me off some prosciutto off of a carcass in his basement and brought it over to me today....so that'll put me in the mood! thumbup.gif

Good ideas ladies....

I'd use Kahlua instead of marsala, but I checked recipes and some of them use brandy or even Grand Marnier! So the taste is up to us. And grated chocolate = yum! A chocolate-covered espresso bean as a garnish would be great centered on the top of each portion, nested in a tiny dollop of whipped topping.

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Guest raidermom

My favorite (and family) tiramisu recipe uses brandy in the espresso.....and of course, the sweet marsala blended w/ the egg. I've never used kahlua..........but always willing to try!

I like your decorating idea. :D