Health Discovery Network
Lana123456

Low Fat Cake Mix?

Hey Everyone. I was in the baking aisle at Jewel for at least 25 minutes looking at every box of cake mix..brownie mix ect. I did not find any fat free or even low fat boxes odear.gif very upset. The only thing I could find fat free was brownies Krusteaz brand or something. Anyone know where I should be looking

Started WW 1-19-04<br />SW 161.0<br />CW 142<br />GW 140<br />Pounds Left 2

Betty Crocker used to make a line of reduced fat mixes called "Sweet Rewards". Went to their web site before posting this and could find no evidence that they still produce this product.

Next best thing to do would be look at all brands available and choose the one with the least fat or buy the regular and make do.

Guest judyo53

I can't even find a fat free brownie mix anywhere but Trader Joe's (No Pudge). The only fat free products I've ever found in my grocery stores was the Kruteaz muffins (Blueberry & Cranberry/Orange or something similar).

Some people rave about the No Pudge but I didn't think they were that great. I'm still trying all my different recipes to find one that tastes somewhat close to brownies, although I haven't been baking much lately to begin with. I guess I gave up after one low fat recipe went into the garbage can.

However, one of my favorite fat free cakes is the cherry angel food cake mentioned on this board. I love it & there's many different ways it can be prepared. You use a box of store bought angel food cake mix to make it with. It's so easy!

[ March 19, 2004, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: judyo53 ]

Betty Crocker used to have a Sweet Rewards brand, but they discontinued all of them.

Success is not a race, be patient.<br />Success leads to success.<br />Success is always a work in progress.<br />Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.<br />Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.<br />Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!

The Kruteaz brand of low/no fat muffins is great. I have started using applesauce in place of cooking oil in the boxed mix and use either egg whites or egg beaters in place of whole eggs. All the cakes I have made have tasted really good.

I have learned to eat to live and not live to eat.<br /><br />SW: 299.2<br />CW: 277.2<br />Down: 22 pounds :))<br /><br />Ya Ya name: Countess Spring Frog

Guest applemoon

I'm in Michigan and our Super Walmart store has the low fat brownie mix. Can't remember what its called but I do believe it is a Betty Crocker brand. I have also found this brownie mix at our local Meijers stores.

Kruteaz is the Cadillac of mixes, IMHO. You can be confident you'll get excellent results with anything they produce.

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

The Sweet Rewards RF brownie mix is still available. It's in ALL the stores around me...

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW