Health Discovery Network
SportsFan68

Anyone else's local meeting close?

I'm a lifetime member who's been missing the local meeting for a long time due mostly to the fact that the time/place was inconvenient. I just now tried to find the meeting because I heard about a month ago that it changed to a different day, and I am now ready to return. But there was no meeting listed for my town on the WW site. There used to be two more meetings in the next town, about 40 minutes away, but they weren't listed either. So I called the WW meeting info number and was informed that my closest meeting is now about an hour away in a different town. She knew nothing about the closures.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is Weight Watchers closing unprofitable meetings? Darn it, I can't remember who told me about the new day. Any guesses or info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jean in Colorado

SW 176

CW 170

WW goal 135.0

GW 122

The future depends on what we do in the present.

Mahatma Gandhi

Maybe WW is trying to go all online? Is that a possibility?

Jean in Colorado

SW 176

CW 170

WW goal 135.0

GW 122

Mahatma Gandhi

Weight Watchers is a business. They have always closed down unprofitable meetings and locations. They need to have a certain number of paying members attend each week in order to be profitable.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thanks, Luanne -- I guess I just read too much into it.

Jean in Colorado

SW 176

CW 170

WW goal 135.0

GW 122

Mahatma Gandhi

I was RONG.

The meeting closed because the leader moved to another state, and no one, even the current reception staff, wanted to take over.

I would do it, but as you can see by my signature, I am way over my goal weight, and WW does not make exceptions in that area. Guess I'll continue on my weight loss journey and talk to them when I'm closer to goal.

Jean in Colorado

SW 176

CW 170

WW goal 135.0

GW 122

Mahatma Gandhi

Jean, in addition to being at goal weight you need to apply to work for WWers, be accepted and go through training.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I have friends that drive almost an hour to attend our meeting. Leaders are difficult to find. Our leader often reminds at goal members of the opportunities available to be come a leader.

Esther

Goal 160

Current 177.0

Just do what you know to do!

The Weight Watchers Center in a nearby town that I attended closed because of increase in real estate value. It had meetings 6 days a week. I joined WW online and it's a good way to track on your smart phone or look up food and restaurants but they don't have these great forums.

Kitty

We are a small city of around 22,000 people. We have 3 meetings on Weds. here. Also, a meeting, once a week, at the hospital. They are still all going strong.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

I noticed there is only 2 meetings in the town I live in. I started training to become a leader in a diff city and now I have moved, I'm over my goal weight, but would be interested in becoming a leader. Does anyone know if there is health insurance in being a leader? If there is I may be interested in making being a weight watchers leader my new career.

Brenda

I don't know for sure, but have heard that people who work for WW don't do it for the money. Not great pay and I doubt if there would be other benefits.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Sorry to hear you lost your meeting location. It would be hard for me to commit to going to a meeting if I had to drive that far.

Mine did last spring. Gotta drive towards the mall now to get a meeting and I like meetings but that far now and the added weekly expense to go to meeting UGH

lost 18.0 since December, its my journey