Health Discovery Network
cheryl39

Spagetti Squash Mexican Style

Ingredients: *1 Extra large spaghetti squash, *4 Tbsp Canned Green Chilis *1 Can Mexican-style diced tomatoes, *1 Can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained, *1 cup shredded Mexican-Style Cheese Shreds, *1 Tsp Garlic Powder, ¼ Tsp Black Pepper, 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin.

Next time, I am going to add vegetarian beef, sauteed onion and pepper with jalapeno cheese on top!

This recipe originated from the cookbook “101 Best Diet Foods”

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients with only ½ of the cheese. Add to a baking dish.

Spread remaining cheese over the top an bake for 30 minutes.

The vegetables were tossed in olive oil and garlic and herb seasoning, then baked for 20 minutes on the grill.

Recipe makes 16 servings (1 cup per serving)

170 Calories, 4 g Fat, 28 g Carbs, 8 g Fiber, 11 g Protein, 2 g Sugar

Very good, DH and I had extra helping. I used leftover salsa in place of Mexican style diced tomatoes. Will make again for meatless Mondays

[h=3][/h]

Made this again, rotel tomatoes, squash, an drained rinsed, black beans, mex cheese. I used cheddar and topped with strips of 2% pepper jack cheese. Sooo good