Health Discovery Network
mclaugja

Unstuffed Cabbage - 4 Points per Serving

Thin4Him,

After I drain the cooked chopped meat I put everything back into the same fry pan. I start off with a huge fry pan that has a cover. Everything fits in perfectly and I have less of a mess to clean up after. A delicious meal that is low in points! I have never tried it baked because it is so easy cooking it on top of the stove. Good luck and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Made this tonight and thought it was very good. I also used long grain rice and upped the cook time to around an hour once I got to the simmering part. I did add 1 cup of water as it was trying to boil dry with the extended cook time. I used 96% lean beef which according to nutrional label is 12pts for the pound, add rice 6pts and tbs. sugar 1 pt for a total of 19pts. It makes 5 LARGE portions at 4pts or 6 portions=3 pts. I did not count any pts for cabbabe, onion, or tomatoes. Husband took a bite of mine and said it was good(he's very skeptical about what I make when I'm on WW if it's a new recipe). I did sprinkle just a little bit of splenda over my serving before I ate as I thought it was just a little tart.:)

Phyllis

Highest Wgt 255.5 July 7, 2006 :bcb_mad2

Restart Wgt 231.5 Sept. 29 2008:bcb_blush

Current Wgt 231.5 :bcb_blush

Goal wgt 140:bcb_up

Guest curious1

Thank you for sharing this recipe. It was very good and so much easier than stuffing the cabbage leaves!! I precooked the rice as was suggested. Super recipe thank you.

I realize this is an old thread but maybe someone will see it and can respond. This recipe looked so good that I made it tonight. But my rice isn't cooking. I got the rice that isn't instant and I didn't cook it before hand but now I'm wondering if instant rice would have been ok and maybe cooked ahead of time too. It taste really good except for the "crunchy" rice. I'm letting it cook a little while longer. I hope it turns out it smells so good and I'm starvin'

SILSCRL.gif

Is it easy? No! ... It has to be a conscious decision.

Bob Harper

:bcb_cool2 BUMP :bcb_grin

Ya-Ya Sisterhood name: Viscountess Cheshire Kitten

Recomitted - Feb 18, 2006 - 219/200.2/5 more / 5' 7"

Total Loss - 18.8 :D

1st mini goal - 10 % = 198

2nd mini goal - Overweight not Obese BMI = 191 lbs

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." --Theodore Roosevelt

I made this last night and I loved it! My DH doesn't like rice, so he thought the rice took away from it. But that's okay, I will eat the left overs! :bcb_bigsm

Guest Kassie_I

Cooking this tonight!