Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

* Exported from MasterCook *

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 pound extra lean ground beef (92% lean)

1 cup chopped onion

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup shredded lowfat cheddar cheese

1/2 cup reduced fat Bisquick®

1 cup skim milk

2 eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9" pie plate. Cook ground beef and onion until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.

Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.

Bake 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Description:

"Adapted from Bisquick Recipe"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 223 Calories; 10g Fat (50.8% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 459mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

5 WW Points

Note:

The original recipe called for shredded fat-free cheddar cheese. I substituted the shredded lowfat cheddar cheese.

M.C. formatted by Dina (mdkbweiss@erols.com) on 7/28/01.

null

I remember making this for my family, but before the light-Bisquick. I think I might have to try this again as it sort of falls into the catagory of "comfort food" for me.

I'm with you on using the low-fat as compared to the no-fat. I've never cooked with no-fat, but I don't think I'd care for it in a recipe.

Thanks for posting this

Beth<BR>208 / 174.6 / 148<BR>"A day with out Peanut butter? NEVER!"<BR>"All you need is love"

I've used this recipe for years. Thanks for posting it for other buddies. It's a good family recipe and no one can tell it's "diet" food. ;)

I live by myself and have made it for friends and then brought the leftovers to work to microwave for lunch.

"When the mode of the music changes, the walls of the city shake." - Plato<br /><br />"Whole lotta shakin' goin' on." - Jerry Lee Lewis

I made this last night and my DH loved it!! He had 3 servings! When I brought it out he asked "how many points is this?" he couldn't believe it was something made with low fat ingredients! I loved it as well!

Thanks for posting this!

Jenn

Start weight: 171<BR>Current Weight:152.4<BR>Goal:145 :-)

Hi Dina W

This looks like another good one. I am going to make it this weekend, and I will come back to tell you how we all liked it.

I don't every use hamburgh (my husband has a cholesterol problem). He has been eating vegetable crumbles in everything for 2 years and has never caught on, neither has my 17 year old son. I just am careful to tuck the wrapper deep into the trash when they aren't looking.

One bag of the morningstar farms "grillers", which is what I like to use is 6=points for the whole bag, which is equal to 1 pound of hamburgh.

Also I can't use any Bisquick product. Again, because of the cholesterol problem. Even the low fat bisquick has that nasty partially-hydrogenated stuff in it. So I have been making my own for a long time. It's just as good, fast to make, and easier to keep on hand. I only make what the recipe calls for.

I know these changes will make no difference to this recipe. I can't wait to try it.

Thanks - Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Dawna I would be interested in how you make your version of Bisquick. If you wouldn't mind I would like to have the recipe.

I always include my email address...well at least I think it is part of my signature line..if not it's CLWaterV2@aol.com

Probably others would like the recipe also. Have you tried boca crumbles? They are very good. I used the another brand once..not the Morningstar ones, and overcooked it. LOL Needless to say it was awhile before I tried using it again!

Thanks for your help Dawna.

Take care all<br />Sarah <br />CLWaterV2@aol.com

Dina - Thanks for posting this. I made it last night and received rave reviews from DH. Hope he enjoyed it as much for lunch today as he did last night.

Tavel

156/153.2/135

This sounds absolutely delicious and I want to give it a shot. Can you help me out with the Serving Size? I'm a bit confused. How much/big is one serving? Thanks!

Hi "Caltrask55,"

The recipe yields 6 servings at 5 points each.

The MasterCook software shows "Serving Size: 6"

Hope you enjoy it!

Dina