Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Mickee

LCHF with new WW program

I am not new here, but have been away for many years. So, just curious, if you can do low carb high fat on the new Weight Watchers program. Is that doable or even possible? I have done LCHF to reduce my diabetes and was curious about the new WW program and incorporating it into this WOE that I have adopted. Please forgive me if this is not allowed.

Mickee

Never give up or look back,

:exercise: Mickee :exercise:

weight.png

HW: 238

WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

With WW you are free to chose the foods you eat, but you will use a lot of points with a high fat diet, limiting that amount of food you get. If you get 30 points per day, you will use a lot with butter and oil. 1 TBSP of butter is 5 points, 1 TBLSP of olive oil is 4 points, so yes you can do it but you will use a lot of points with high fat foods. I have to watch my blood sugar so i do WW and I follow low carb, but also low fat, I just eliminate or reduce pasta, bread, rice, starchy veggies as well as sugar.

:workout:

Ann

Thank you. This was a question for a friend. I never had success with WW personally. But tons of success reversing diabetes with LCHF/Keto. I was thinking the points thing and high fat were like putting a round peg in square hole.

Thanks!

Never give up or look back,

:exercise: Mickee :exercise:

weight.png

HW: 238

WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

As long as you are within your points you can eat what you want. High fat foods tend to have higher points so that will make a difference for you.

Oldestone4