Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
smalltownmom

Green Pepper Steak

I actually used deer steak in order to get my points lower (venison is 1 point per ounce). I don't like deer meat much, and this really made me feel like I was eating round steak.

1 pound lean round steak or deer meat

1 T. paprika

2 T. butter

1/4 t. garlic powder

1 1/2 cup beef broth

1 cup sliced green onions

2 green bell peppers, cut into strips

2 T. cornstarch

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 fresh tomatoes, cut into eighths

Pound steak to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into 1/4" strips. Sprinkle meat with paprika and allow to stand while preparing other ingredients.

In a large skillet, melt butter and brown the meat in the melted butter. Add garlic and broth. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in green onions and green peppers. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Blend cornstarch, water and soy sauce in small container and add to meat mixture. Cook and stir about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir gently.

Serve over rice.

Without rice and using deer meat:

6 servings = 4 points

5 servings = 5 points

4 servings = 6 points

191/169.4/155<br /><br />--------------------------<br /><i>"You will only become what you are becoming right now. Though you cannot go back and make a brand new start, my friend. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new end." John C. Maxwell</i>