Health Discovery Network
LegalEagle

Stove Top Meatloaf

Guest WCFD52

Glad to see some more happy meatloaf customers :D !!

I just had one of my friends in my WW meeting tell me that she made this recipe into meatballs for a family function and got great comments from everyone. Guess what I'm volunteering to bring to the next gathering?!?!?!?

Shannon bcbsalute.gif

After reading ALL (yes, each and every one) of these replies today...and right before grocery shopping...I decided to give it a try. I made it in a muffin tin. It made 12 nice size "muffins"...dh and I split one just to taste it (and, yes ma'am, I counted the points) and it was WONDERFUL! I froze them, 2 per bag, and labeled them, cause I sometimes forget how many points!!!

Excellent! Thanks to everyone! wave.gif bcbsalute.gif

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Made this for supper tonight....It was great. Made it in muffin tins.

Carol<br />Joined July, 2002<br />193/158/145<br />"Expect a Miracle"<br />"Your Success will start when you being to pursue it...Your big opportunity is where you are right now!"

I have used this recipe a lot. There is only 2 of us to eat it so I put it in two loaf pans and cook one freeze one before I cook it. Then later when I want meat loaf again I just take it out of the freezer and put in the oven frozen and cook it longer because it is frozen. Always good for a good meal when you are busy.

Guest 1craftygirl

I made the meatloaf last night, mm mm, DH and both DD's ate it up! I made mine in muffin tins and had 21 total so I cooked 12 and froze the rest. Think I'll have a meatloaf sandwich for lunch lol Thanks for the recipes!!

Raylene

Down 8 lbs in 2 weeks crazy.gif

Guest arangel

I've also read all the replies and am planning my next weeks meals and will put this one on there! I've made several meatloafs for the family and they haven't been too interested in them. I'm hoping this one will do the trick.

Just a quick side, I'm a baby when it comes to freezing meaning that I don't do it enough. How would you package this so that it freezes well?

Thanks!

Has anyone tried making this and shaping into "meatballs" instead of meatloaf? My husband will not eat meatloaf but meatballs go aver just fine.

Debra

Highest weight 286

If I can dream it, I can be it...

:bike:

Guest WCFD52

NEW TIP: Stove Top Stuffing now comes in a few new flavors - I have found Italian and Mexican so far. They are the same points as the regular flavor and just add a new twist to the same great meatloaf.

Debra - Yes this makes wonderful meatballs too. I had never tried it until one of the women I gave the recipe to did. She said that everyone went crazy for them, so I have made them for us and plan on making them for family functions coming up this Summer.

Arangel - I'm not the best person to answer your quesion on freezing meats - although the last time I made this meatloaf I did freeze one loaf. I wrapped it in wax paper first, saran wrap next and put it in a ziploc freezer bag. I put it in the frige the night before I wanted to cook it since I'm not so sure about cooking frozen meats. Hope that helps.

So glad to see that many of you are still enjoying this recipe - it remains a favorite in my house.

Shannon bcbsalute.gif

Just wondering if anyone has used the crumbles for this recipe?????If so,how was it????

KimR :confused: smile.gif

SW/239.2<br />CW/208.5<br />GW/160.<br />Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!!<br />Princess Culture Vulture<br />Start date 02-03-04<br />10% 04-20-04<br />pledge 10 #<br />wk 1: -3<br />wk 2: +1 1/2<br />wk 3: -1

I have been looking at this recipe for over a year now!! I finally decided to take the plunge and try it myself. Boy, what I've been missing!! This is really wonderful, and soooooo easy. I came home on my lunch hour and threw it together so DH could just pop it in the oven. I used half TVP and half way lean burger and made them into 18 little muffins! I'm sure my calcs are wrong because it came out to 1pt each. Will have to go over this again with MC. But it sure was tasty!! Well definately make this again!!

Thanks, Shannon!!

JeanetteSki

I pulled a loaf out of the freezer yesterday so I can have it tonight. I have completely converted EVERYONE I know to eating only this meatloaf. My dad even told my mom (after 41 years of marriage) that he was really glad he didn't have to eat her meatloaf any more! :eek:

It just takes one bite and then you're hooked! Thanks for the great recipe!

Tami<br />181/138/137<br />43 pounds gone forever!<br />5' 5 1/2"<br />33 years old<br />Mom to Justin (he's my avatar and he's 2)<br />Wife to James<br /><br />In the battle of the bulge, I'm winning!

I brought the mixings for this meatloaf over to my daughter's house this weekend and made it there for her family. They all loved it too!! No one is making their own meatloaf recipe anymore because we all love this one so much!! Thanks for this recipe, I only wish I would have tried it sooner, look how long I missed out!! ugh.gif

JeanetteSki

This recipe looks great. I will probably halve recipe, and cook in muffin tins. For regular sized muffin tins, how long should the cooking time be? Also, if frozen after cooking, can it be reheated in microwave, without becoming dried out?

Looking for answers please

Karen smile.gif

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Guest shannon35

I don't know how I have missed this recipe for so long! It sounds delicious! I was already planning to make it for dinner for DF (major meatloaf lover) and I was going to tomorrow night, but then I remembered we will be at my parents. So I guess it will have to wait until Wednesday. Darn it!

Thanks for sharing!

Shannon

bumping this one up!!

Barb wave.gif

Picturetrail

Member login: Barb2003

"The battle's inside of me, the fights begun but not yet won and I won't become, one more casualty"

Marty Casey

"In your eyes I am complete"

Peter Gabriel

I tried this on Sunday. It is simply delicious. DH loved it. I told my sister about it and she is going to try it!! Great stuff!!!!!!!!

Starting over: 06/12/07

Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

weight.png

[/url]

I just wanted to add my thumbup.gif I JUST made these and they are YUMMY

I don't do red meat, so I used lean ground turkey instead. I put them in muffin tins, and each little muffin sized meatloaf is 2pts.

I think next time I might try the turkey with some type of low fat gravy on top instead of the ketchup. I think it will taste like thanksgiving dinner in a mini-muffin :D

bcbsalute.gif

CoreSW: 226.5 CW:219 GW:150 HW:241

*If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning. Mahatma Gandhi

*Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Abraham Lincoln

Well I have read all the rave reviews...and I am going to try it tonight. Thanks for the recipes and all the feed back. I think I will make them in muffins tins as suggested. Its just me and DF, and DF, doesn't like leftovers too much so if I freeze them and wait a bit he'll never know. lmao. Can't wait to try something new that sounds sooo good!

Why not make it into meatballs, or cook it as one giant "burger"? You could shape it into a loaf, wrap in two layers of foil and cook it on the grill, too.

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Very good!!!!!! I tried it me the girl who hates to cook and it was easy and tasty boy oh boy was my DF impressed! He's been concerned with what I make him eat since I have started to go back to WW's it helps to have recipes everyone can enjoy!

Thanks

Guest WCFD52

Patches - the box of Stove Top is 8 ounces and it makes eight 1/2 cup servings. Hope that helps.

So glad everyone is still enjoying this recipe!!

Shannon bcbsalute.gif

Made this and was happy with results.

I used a pound of ground round and 2 packages of boca soy crumbles to equal the other pound of meat. This way the meatloaf muffins are 1 point each. They freeze well also

Okay I'm going to try this, but want to know how to figure the points for putting it into muffin tins. also if I halve the recipe (I don't freeze things b/c my freezer doesn't work well) so do I only use half the stuffing too? As you can tell I'm not a huge cook and am scared to play with recipes. Although I have played with a dinner roll recipe I found here quite a bit! hehehe

Thanx for the recipe!!!

Blessings,

Tonya (142/137.2/133/128)

(SW/CW/GW/PGW)

"It's not how long it takes you to get there, it's how long you stay that matters" ~my WW leader