Health Discovery Network
LegalEagle

Stove Top Meatloaf

This is the best!! I made it the other night and DH and DS loved it! My brother and family are coming for a visit and guess what they're having??? :p He's a meat and potatoe guy so I know he'll love it!

Linda -

2014 is going to be MY year to get healthier and thinner!!

Add me to the fan club! Made this last night using canned tomatos and family really enjoyed. We have leftovers so tonight I am making some whole-wheat spaghetti, putting small pieces of leftover meatloaf over that and covering with canned spaghetti sauce. Add a green salad and voila! Good healthy meal without much fuss. Thanks for sharing recipe.

Diva

Have to say that this is an absolute favorite in my house.

It is one dish that I never have to continually encourage the kids to eat. They both love and often ask for seconds.

Definate keeper!!!!!!

Tracey

highest weight: 296

Restart WW: 286.2

Current Weight:270

100 Days of Exercise Challenge: 28/100

TOTAL LOSS: 16.2

Guest metalchick

yummy - this is now my main meatloaf recipe!

I made this tonight for dinner, only I used 99% FF ground turkey breast. It was wonderful!!!!!!!!! Tyler ate two helpings and will take some for lunch tomorrow as well. Maddie otoh, didn't care for it, but she's at that stage anyway. She hates everything!:)

Somehow I've ended up with 5pts left over on 22pt. scale without my AP's that I earned today (about 2). Maybe I'll have a nightcap!

Very good recipe! Thanks for sharing!

~Lori

SW: 159.6

CW: 159 :bcb_yuck:

GW: 135

Where am I going...and why am I in this handbasket?

Guest Sammi Jo

This is a stapel in my house. Dh says that it is the best that he's ever had!! I've tried almost all of the different stove top kinds with the same points!

Had to chime in that we loved this, too. I used @ 1.3 lbs. 93% lean hamburger and .7 lbs. Morningstar crumbles, plus a can of diced tomatoes and jalapenos. AWESOME! :p

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

I am going to make this tonite and I am wanting to do them into muffins.

How long will I have to cook them for, I am assuming it is less time when they are not in a loaf?

If I make 12 muffins, how many points per muffin will it be?

Thanks so much

Deb

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.

Robert Collier

Guest sotm121097

This sounds great i will be making it this weekend. 2lbs seems like a lot can i cut the recipe in half? 1lb of meat, half of the other ingredients?

On this post at the beginning

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

Guest annettegla

I like meatloaf and I love Stove Top Stuffing but this recipe was baaaad. I had to throw it away. I stick to my Betty Crocker Cookbook meatloaf.

Is there any kind of fluid involved in this recipe --like do you add water to the bottom of the pan so it doesn;t stick or dry out ?

pudgie lifeti:exercise: me

Guest sotm121097

would the half version just require 1/2 the box of stuffing if you are only using a little over a pound of meat?

Guest WCFD52

Pudgie - No, don't add any fluid to the pan. Only 1 cup of water (or stewed tomatoes as some have suggested) in with list of ingredients.

sotm - yes, you can cut everything in half if you only use 1 pound of meat. I just find it easier to make it as written because I'm feeding 4 and we all love it. Usually not much left over!! FYI - I have also cooked one of the loaves and frozen the other uncooked loaf for another night and that worked out fine too..

Annette - sorry to hear you didn't like it the meatloaf - different strokes for different folks. It's still one of my favorites after all these years - I posted the recipe originally.

Glad to see this is still a favorite BCB recipe for the most part.

Shannon :bcbsalute

Have to ask annettegla--what did you do to your meatloaf? You HAD to have made some kind of mistake in making it because this is the best meatloaf I've ever made and I make it at least once a month!! It's also the easiest recipe for meatloaf, so I can't imagine that it didn't turn out the way it's supposed to!!

Not trying to insult you, buddy, but just how did you make yours?!!!!!

I add minced onion and green pepper to mine and top with a mixture of ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar (adding the extra pts.)

ginnyb

"The only one who can stop me is me---and I can take her!"

ginnyb (aka loves2cook!) "It's not the falling down, it's the staying down!!"

Guest sotm121097

Ok thanks...i might just end up making the full recipe since everyone raves about this.

Oh my GOSh this was goooodd meatloaf--my husband ate almost the whole loaf!!! I made the two so now he can have sandwhiches all week long. It was very tasty i used the garlic flaovred stovetop. Very good thanks for the recipe it was a keeper. Next time i will add some onions and fresh mushrooms.

Does anyone have a recipe for a healthy gravy to pour on top of it?

A quick question? I love meatloaf, and this looks wonderful! I am just wondering...any ideas on how it would turn out if I used half reconstituted TVP? Hmmmm...any ideas welcome! Thanks!

Debbie

HW: 200

SW: 154 (8/20/05)

CW: 148.2

WWGW: 133

PGW: 125

5'5"

Guest WCFD52

Glad you and DH liked it Pudgie (you gotta get a new name my friend ~ I feel bad typing that!!)

Debbie - I did make it with half beef and half TVP once and it turned out just fine - I still prefer it all beef, but if you are trying to lower points then it works well. TVP's just not my cup of tea!! Let us know how you like it if you try it either way.

Shannon :bcbsalute

Thanks Shannon...I'll probably try that sometime next week...I'm the only one that truly loves meatloaf, so I just thought I'd give it a go! I'll let you know!

Debbie

HW: 200

SW: 154 (8/20/05)

CW: 148.2

WWGW: 133

PGW: 125

5'5"

If I use on epound of beef instead of two and divide it up into two loaves--how do the points change ? also is each loaf 8 servings or 4 per loaf?

Guest Blue_Butterfly

This sounds delicious! I have to try it! I'd like to try making it as muffins and freeze extras for another meal. I saw some of you made it as meatballs. How does it taste as spaghetti and meatballs?